Author Topic: History-defining question: Will 18 million ‘temporary’ jobless get their jobs back?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
History-defining question: Will 18 million ‘temporary’ jobless get their jobs back?
by Cassidy Morrison
 | May 09, 2020 12:00 AM

The Trump administration and the country face a major risk that if the pandemic is not controlled relatively quickly, another economic depression is in store.

The country already is clearly in a form of recession, as confirmed by Friday’s April jobs report that showed unemployment rising to 14.7%.

But in theory, many of those workers, such as the 5.5 million newly jobless restaurant employees, could return to work very quickly if the pandemic ended and lockdowns were lifted.

The vast majority of job losers in April, 18 million of 20.6 million, according to the household survey from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, are on temporary layoff.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/history-defining-question-will-18-million-temporary-jobless-get-their-jobs-back
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not a chance they will have the same job.  Would you expect the number of social coordinators on a cruise line still be needed?

Everyone will get a job back, but not necessarily the job they last had.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"History-defining question: Will 18 million ‘temporary’ jobless get their jobs back?"

Not before November 3rd. Not a chance.

How will THAT "define" history...?

Offline libertybele

My bet is no.  Not all small businesses were able to get their hands on the loans that were meant to keep their businesses alive, employees paid and to be able to eventually reopen.  Speaking from what I'm seeing so far in FL; yes, certain non-essential businesses have re-opened, but with social distancing, they are conducting business at 25% capacity.  Certainly you can't put everyone back to work with limit on capacity.  So businesses are still losing money and they don't have a choice but to make cuts long term or permanent.

Many states are still shutdown and haven't even entered Phase I of reopening so some businesses will permanently have to close; and the "temporary" jobless will have to find other jobs that probably won't exist for awhile.

Then there is always the possibility that we will see a second wave of this virus and no doubt we are going to see deaths rise -- whether or not states will shut down businesses again, it's hard to tell.  My guess, is no, but people will be afraid to venture out having yet again another negative impact on businesses and people who went back to work, will end up losing their jobs permanently in the long run.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There is no way they'll all "Get their jobs back."  Many will, while others will need to find or create new ones.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is no way they'll all "Get their jobs back."  Many will, while others will need to find or create new ones.
I think, first off, that the entire effect of the oil price crash hasn't been factored into this as a causative agent in the current joblessness picture. I'd love to be making what I was in Feb., but by April, that ship had already sailed, and COVID-19 didn't have diddley to do with that. That was the Russian/Saudi tiff and lifting of their production caps that brought oil from the $50s to the $20s, and that remodeled the CAPEX plans of not only the Oil Company I was doing consulting work for, but the rest as well. What would have been a 60% CAPEX increase turned into slashed drilling budgets and rigs going down like trees at Tunguska.

Then, to add icing to that cake, the COVID-19 impact compounded the problem that already existed. But because it only compounded an existing problem, removing the effects of the shutdown and surplus oil in the system will take time, so, nope, I'm not expecting to go back to work in that function for some time. Similarly, people who had jobs which are related to the oil patch or dependent on oil activity will not be getting some of their jobs back, welders, truckers, and a host of other service industries associated with drilling will not be reemployed unless and until activity picks up. Then there are the service industries which serve the service industry. Hotels, restaurants, RV sales, lease/rental vehicles, man camp staff, and just about every service those nice oilfield checks paid for, won't be recovering near to the health of even 2019.

Eventually, things will sort out, some will go back to what they were doing right away, some will not. By November, we'll be lucky for the economy to gain back 50% of its losses.

Still, showing definite signs of recovery could be a campaign plus even at 20-30%. Watch for the Dems to throw every monkey wrench they can into the works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Eventually, things will sort out, some will go back to what they were doing right away, some will not. By November, we'll be lucky for the economy to gain back 50% of its losses.

Still, showing definite signs of recovery could be a campaign plus even at 20-30%. Watch for the Dems to throw every monkey wrench they can into the works.

That's mostly right. I think it would come roaring back if they knocked out the chocks... But that ain't what it's looking like. So if it finally gets knocked loose in July, and it takes a quarter to eat up current oil reserves... It'll be a slow return... Half the summer will already be gone... So there goes the tourist trade too.... Yeah, 20-30% sounds pretty realistic.

Unless folks finally just rebel. That would change everything.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 06:07:48 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's mostly right. I think it would come roaring back if they knocked out the chocks... But that ain't what it's looking like. So if it finally gets knocked loose in July, and it takes a quarter to eat up current oil reserves... It'll be a slow return... Half the summer will already be gone... So there goes the tourist trade too.... Yeah, 20-30% sounds pretty realistic.

Unless folks finally just rebel. That would change everything.

They're starting to rebel right now.  One week people were afraid to leave the house, and the next all those unemployed people are showing up in the streets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

They're starting to rebel right now.  One week people were afraid to leave the house, and the next all those unemployed people are showing up in the streets.

Funny how the media is suppressing that news as they can. That should be a top seek for posting here...

Offline Smokin Joe

Funny how the media is suppressing that news as they can. That should be a top seek for posting here...
No surprise.

When Dr. Zelenko's video which not only laid out the use of hydroxychloroquine, Zithromax, and Zinc Sulfate, but explained how and why it worked was pulled from YouTube because it "violated their posting guidelines" (wasn't in line with the vaccine seeking Gates funded WHO), we have a problem.

I'm still pissed off that almost every "study" of that regimen left out the zinc. Those patients that didn't make it  were murdered because some bleep wanted to play politics.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

No surprise.

When Dr. Zelenko's video which not only laid out the use of hydroxychloroquine, Zithromax, and Zinc Sulfate, but explained how and why it worked was pulled from YouTube because it "violated their posting guidelines" (wasn't in line with the vaccine seeking Gates funded WHO), we have a problem.

I'm still pissed off that almost every "study" of that regimen left out the zinc. Those patients that didn't make it  were murdered because some bleep wanted to play politics.

Ain't it something? And that Merzenko/Merchenko chick... Telling on Fauci... Did you see that one before it got torn down?

poof! gone.

Offline Smokin Joe

Ain't it something? And that Merzenko/Merchenko chick... Telling on Fauci... Did you see that one before it got torn down?

poof! gone.
Okay, I did see it. I didn't recognize her name and went looking for that.
The web is being scrubbed while people argue over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:40:42 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@roamer_1 Gone but not forgotten. The offending video can be downloaded with bitchute.  Here is the website that has the download link.

https://plandemicmovie.com/
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

@roamer_1 Gone but not forgotten. The offending video can be downloaded with bitchute.  Here is the website that has the download link.

Yes, but to give you an idea of who might be mining what where....

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

I'm getting very leery of Google, lately. Sometimes I feel like the guy in the movie who found the sunglasses...everywhere you look..

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Okay, I did see it. I didn't recognize her name and went looking for that.
The web is being scrubbed while people argue over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Yeah sorry, I couldn't remember the name so well (not a Western name, it don't fit in my mouth)  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

Yeah that's it. Ain't that something? How the HECK was that guy running the show? Right in the wheelhouse standing next to Tump....  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm getting very leery of Google, lately. Sometimes I feel like the guy in the movie who found the sunglasses...everywhere you look..

I downloaded the mp4 from that site last week.  I notice that if I attempt it now I get an "Access Forbidden" message, so I guess that door got closed.  The download button directs to a server maintained by AWS. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah that's it. Ain't that something? How the HECK was that guy running the show? Right in the wheelhouse standing next to Tump....  *****rollingeyes*****

AWS has cut off distribution via the link I posted!  So...Amazon and Google are in the censor boat together.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

No lie. I have a love.hate thing going on, since my phone s a droid... Ain't no avoiding it...

Offline roamer_1

AWS has cut off distribution via the link I posted!  So...Amazon and Google are in the censor boat together.

Got a Bitchute direct?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Got a Bitchute direct?

No, but I didn't go looking for one.  If the Bitchute is sourced from AWS, then it won't work anyway. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

No lie. I have a love.hate thing going on, since my phone s a droid... Ain't no avoiding it...
Yeah, I have to keep replying to requests to access my mike and camera. NO!

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, I have to keep replying to requests to access my mike and camera. NO!

My phone and tablet are full on Google. All of that is tracked to the 9's, and I know it.
Likewise my PCs to a degree... When I have to do somethig wrt google from a PC, I always use Chrome. If it is something to do with Microsoft (technet, etc) I use Edge... I let em have their way. No sense in otherwise... But the lion's share is done from Firefox, and not available to either.

And if I am doing something I ought not, well then that is from a Linux run laptop from a stumbled open network, coffee shop, or hotel parking lot. That machine has nothing to do with me onboard... :whistle: Track that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No surprise.

Zelenko was working with Jerome Corsi. They put that video out specifically to get it taken down and discredit HCQ by making it look like it was being peddled by quacks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024