Author Topic: New Dangerous Species of ‘Murder Hornet’ Invades the U.S.: The Deadly Asian Giant Hornet Kills 50 Pe  (Read 815 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Strange Sounds 5/3/2020

New Dangerous Species of ‘Murder Hornet’ Invades the U.S.: The Deadly Asian Giant Hornet Kills 50 People Per Year and Decimates Entire Beehives in Just Hours

Just when you thought 2020 couldn’t get worse…

Asian giant hornets have been spotted in the United States and Canada for the first time, sparking panic among members of the scientific community.

The large insects, nicknamed ‘murder hornets’, are native to temperate and tropical climates in East Asia, where they kill around 50 people are year.

But since November 2019, there have been several sightings of the hornets on the west coast of North America. It’s unclear how they arrived.

The new invasive species is 1.5-2 inches long, has a large yellow scary head, and a powerful sting.

More: https://strangesounds.org/2020/05/asian-giant-hornet-usa-canada-beehives.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Apparently Washington state has them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Just when 2020 couldn't get any worse .... well ... hurricane season is supposed to be above average this year too. 

Really hard to stay positive these days.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

HEY! Them are big enough for target practice.

And I bet they make a show on the blue light on the porch... Dang, but it might dang near trip a breaker!

Offline Chosen Daughter

HEY! Them are big enough for target practice.

And I bet they make a show on the blue light on the porch... Dang, but it might dang near trip a breaker!

Yeah, some times those big moths make quite a show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

Yeah, some times those big moths make quite a show.

HA! I knew you were a redneck gal!
Simple pleasures.
 :beer:

Offline Chosen Daughter

HA! I knew you were a redneck gal!
Simple pleasures.
 :beer:

Nothin like sitting out on the deck listening to the bug zapper!  Man I got a picture of one once.  It hadn't zapped and it was hanging on the cage inside.  It was huge!!!!

Online roamer_1

Nothin like sitting out on the deck listening to the bug zapper!  Man I got a picture of one once.  It hadn't zapped and it was hanging on the cage inside.  It was huge!!!!

I don't have one anymore. Went out one morning and had a dead young coon, and a dead pilliated pecker laying under it on the porch... Zapper's busted. missed that show, whatever happened...  :shrug:

Fixin to go get a new one, Once the woohan settles down.

Online roamer_1

Flirtin with disaster. :D

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
About Those Asian Giant Hornets...
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 10:17:23 pm »

BUG SQUAD - Happenings in the insect world
Author: Kathy Keatley Garvey
Published on: May 4, 2020

The sensationalism. fear-mongering and general panic surrounding those Asian giant hornets, aka "murder hornets," detected last year in British Columbia and Washington state, are enough to curdle both the blood and the brain.
First there were the Afrianized honey bees, which sensationalists called "the killer bees."

Don't even mention "assassin flies" or "bullet ants" or "deathwatch beetles."

Now there are the Asian giant hornets (AGH), Vespa mandarinia, which sensationalists have dubbed "murder hornets."

(more)
https://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=41391
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

Apparently Washington state has them.

Yes we do. And they are telling us not to kill them if we see one but instead call a 1-800 number to report it. BS, I'm killing it and they are welcome to come look at the body. If they take too long I can draw a chalk line around it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes we do. And they are telling us not to kill them if we see one but instead call a 1-800 number to report it. BS, I'm killing it and they are welcome to come look at the body. If they take too long I can draw a chalk line around it.
Following it back to the hive might work better. It'd take the big shop vac to clean them out.

(I eliminated three colonies of ground burrowing wasps with a shop vac by setting the pipe by the entrance and leaving the shop vac running for a few hours....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

Re: About Those Asian Giant Hornets...
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 01:20:17 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self