Author Topic: Attorney General Barr says what Michael Flynn did "was not a crime" (Videos)  (Read 506 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Attorney General Barr says what Michael Flynn did "was not a crime"
CBS News, May 8, 2020

<snip>

In an exclusive interview with CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge, Barr dismissed the notion from critics that he is doing the bidding of Mr. Trump.

Catherine Herridge: The last thing most Americans remember about General Flynn is that he was fired. And that he admitted lying to the FBI. Does the fact remain that he lied?

Attorney General William Barr: Well, you know, people sometimes plead to things that turn out not to be crimes. ... And the Department of Justice is not persuaded that this was material to any legitimate counterintelligence investigation. So it was not a crime.

When a special counsel report was released last year, you were accused by critics of putting your thumb on the scale in the president's favor. Are you doing the president's bidding in General Flynn's case?

No, I'm doing the law's bidding. I'm doing my duty under the law, as I see it.

You know you're going to take a lot of incoming ... for this decision. Are you prepared for that?

Yea, I'm prepared for that. I also think it's sad that nowadays these partisan feelings are so strong that people have lost any sense of justice.

What should Americans take away from your actions in the Flynn case today?

I was concerned people were feeling there were two standards of justice in this country. ... I wanted to make sure that we restore confidence in the system. There's only one standard of justice.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-flynn-crime-william-barr-attorney-general/

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:07:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Barr says what Michael Flynn did "was not a crime"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM67rq5CoQY

Barr says FBI tried to lay a "perjury trap" for Flynn

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OeiKXr0WE

Barr on Steele dossier and Russia investigation

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwEPh-Zz-w

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was concerned people were feeling there were two standards of justice in this country. ... I wanted to make sure that we restore confidence in the system. There's only one standard of justice.

Good.  Now, if you really want to restore confidence, follow through and jail the bastards who did this to Flynn!  Let the Civil lawsuits begin!

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good.  Now, if you really want to restore confidence, follow through and jail the bastards who did this to Flynn!  Let the Civil lawsuits begin!

Does anyone know whether Flynn's supposed lying was under the circumstance of a response to a simple verbal FBI questions, or was it under an under oath deposition?

Really matters in determing the level of criminality here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does anyone know whether Flynn's supposed lying was under the circumstance of a response to a simple verbal FBI questions, or was it under an under oath deposition?

Really matters in determing the level of criminality here.

The alleged "lies" were in the setting of an interview in Flynn's office, where he was not admonished not to lie, and contrary to normal White House policy of having somebody from Legal sitting in.  Barr is saying the so-called "lies" were not material in the case the FBI was investigating.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Nearly impossible to get conviction of government operatie, doing the job as they see it.

Yet it traces into the WH wwhereby Obama says tell him no more.

That is an implied admission the Potus knew it was wrong, yet advanced it.

OTOH Strzok/Page noted Potus wanted to be informed.

Absolutely no doubt should remain, that the dems attempted a Coup d' etat.

Certain TDS  #nevertrumpers have moved in tandom with dems and media, hoping the Coup would be successful.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nearly impossible to get conviction of government operatie, doing the job as they see it.

Yet it traces into the WH wwhereby Obama says tell him no more.

That is an implied admission the Potus knew it was wrong, yet advanced it.

OTOH Strzok/Page noted Potus wanted to be informed.

Absolutely no doubt should remain, that the dems attempted a Coup d' etat.

Certain TDS  #nevertrumpers have moved in tandom with dems and media, hoping the Coup would be successful.

The "Bureaucratic Immunity" does not attach if they acted illegally under the color of law.  It's a high hurdle, but I think these cases of prosecutorial abuse meet that high bar.  But...IANAL.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's been enjoyable watching the Libera heads explode over this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!