Author Topic: Why farmers dump food and crops while grocery stores run dry and Americans struggle  (Read 318 times)

Offline EdinVA

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to wage a silent war across the country, American farmers are being forced to pour out milk, crush eggs, toss fresh fruits and vegetables, euthanize livestock and plow under perfectly robust crops
Meanwhile, financially beleaguered Americans are lining up at food banks in unprecedented numbers, humanitarian leaders fear a global starvation pandemic is burgeoning, and grocery store shelves are sparsely filled.
So what has gone wrong?
A dramatic dip in demand, weak links in the highly consolidated supply chain, and decades of industry monopolization, experts say.
“A large portion of our food is now produced for restaurants, hotels, schools, and institutional users, about 50 percent. Those markets have effectively closed up, and there is not enough demand for home use now,” Dan Glickman, Executive Director of the Aspen Institute and former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, told Fox News. “Nor is the supply chain set up for this rapid transformation.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/farmers-dump-food-grocery-stores-shortage-coronavirus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have said many times on this forum, is my wondement that all the work around developing Pandemic contingency planning has failed .

Crumbling of the supply chain, is just another example.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

I have said many times on this forum, is my wondement that all the work around developing Pandemic contingency planning has failed .

Crumbling of the supply chain, is just another example.

This thing sure has opened my eyes....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A whole new generation of Preppers is born.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: