Author Topic: Tara Reade gets legal representation from Weinstein accuser attorney and Christine Blasey Ford advoc  (Read 568 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tara Reade gets legal representation from Weinstein accuser attorney and Christine Blasey Ford advocate
by Emily Larsen
 | May 07, 2020 03:16 PM

Tara Reade now has legal representation through Wigdor LLP as she pushes forward with allegations that Joe Biden sexually harassed and assaulted her when she worked in his Senate office in 1993.

Douglas Wigdor, the firm's partner, has a long history of representing accusers in high-profile sexual misconduct cases. He represents six women who accused movie producer Harvey Weinstein, now a convicted sex offender, of misconduct. He represented Juliet Huddy in connection with her claims against former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly. Wigdor was a vocal supporter of Christine Blasey Ford in cable news interviews but did not legally represent her during Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's nomination, during which time she accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were in high school.

"Her harrowing account is credible and supported by numerous 'outcry' witnesses from decades ago," a press release from the firm on Thursday said of Reade's claims. "We at Wigdor LLP firmly believe that every survivor of sexual assault has the right to competent legal counsel, and we will represent Ms. Reade zealously, just as we would any other victim of sexual violence."

Wigdor supported President Trump in the 2016 election but has also supported Democrats such as New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tara-reade-gets-legal-representation-from-weinstein-accuser-attorney-and-christine-blasey-ford-advocate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The money and impetus behind Tara Reade and her accusation is not coming from the Republican side of the fence.

The question remains:
Who IS it coming from...?

Offline mortarman

The money and impetus behind Tara Reade and her accusation is not coming from the Republican side of the fence.

The question remains:
Who IS it coming from...?

The Chappaquaw Crime Cartel? Naw, couldn't be. Could it? How would that work?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Applewood

Tara Reade represented by well-known lawyer, Trump campaign donor

Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who alleged presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, is being represented by a lawyer that donated to President Trump’s 2016 campaign, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

Attorney Douglas Wigdor told AP he is not being paid for his work with Reade and his firm denied there was a political motivation for his decision to represent her.

He’s also supported some Democrats in the past including Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (N.Y.), according to the AP.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/496743-tara-reade-represented-by-well-known-lawyer-trump-campaign-donor

Offline Applewood

Note the third paragraph bolded above.  If you only read the sensational headline and not this paragraph, you would think something fishy was going on here.  Where I live, lawyers and law firms regularly contribute to candidates from both parties.  As a young pup working for a big firm years ago, I thought there was something unscrupulous about this, but it was explained to me that it was perfectly legal and had the benefit of getting favor from whichever candidate happens to win an election. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Note the third paragraph bolded above.  If you only read the sensational headline and not this paragraph, you would think something fishy was going on here.  Where I live, lawyers and law firms regularly contribute to candidates from both parties.  As a young pup working for a big firm years ago, I thought there was something unscrupulous about this, but it was explained to me that it was perfectly legal and had the benefit of getting favor from whichever candidate happens to win an election.

Yep, the context is buried past where many people would read. Also buried is the context of the guy's expertise:

Wigdor is a prominent lawyer known for working on cases related to sexual harassment and assault. He previously represented six women who accused Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct as well as a number of Fox News employees in cases alleging gender and racial discrimination, according to the AP.

The context is buried at CYA depth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not sure I believe her, but that's beside the point that her story is being treated so much differently by the Rats and their media arm, the press.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Especially in New York. And yes, it is unscrupulous, even though it is so widespread that no one dares criticize it. Anyone in influence has to buy favor from the politicians by donating to their campaign accounts.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mod1

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.