Author Topic: Georgia shooting of Ahmaud Arbery spurs outcry  (Read 6214 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Georgia shooting of Ahmaud Arbery spurs outcry
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2020, 12:11:36 am »
Again, using a high school picture, 18?  not his mug shot of age 25. Too bad they counld't find one where he is 12, like Trayon Martin. Who actually was 17/18, had gold teeth, tattoos, pants on the ground and giving gansta signs.   They didn't find High school pictures of the two white men to post.  They found a 'hunting' picture to complete their  BIG LIE.  TUX for the criminal and the good  guys stopping crime...a "hunting picture'.  None of you are wise to this being done...AGAIN?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2020, 12:17:05 am »
There may be a murder "charge", but there will be no conviction.

This guy Arbery WAS NOT just "jogging' in the neighborhood". He was likely up to no good. The first video (of him casing out the property under construction) proves that.

1. Arbery entered the home empty-handed, and he departed empty-handed. One can speculate why he entered - my theory is that he was seeking magenta-spotted chartreuse Neptunians - but guesses are guesses. So, other than, possibly, trespassing, he committed no crime.

2. The McMichaels were unaware of this incident. And they did not witness any other crime.

3. Therefore they were unlawfully assaulting and attempting to falsely imprison Arbery.

4. Their assault, including threatening Arbery with their vehicles and firearms - the latter, at the least, was deadly force - was unlawful. Their assault fully justified Arbery trying to defend himself. And then they killed Arbery for Arbery's lawful attempt at self-defense.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2020, 12:20:11 am »
YOU ARE BOTH WRONG.  They yelled at him to stop, stay, police were on their way.  Trespassing on construction site & casing it. Going into homes, there.  Videos of him doing break ins on other homes.  He was on probation, for other theft & didn't want to go to jail. His intent was to kill BOTH.....then run away.  911  was called.  Father & son did not instigate anything. Stopping crime.
---------------------------------------
Quote from: goatprairie on Today at 02:09:41 PM

The problem for the white father and son is that they instigated the killing by approaching the guy with a loaded weapon.
You're running down the road and two people jump out of a car and approach you with a loaded weapon. You weren't doing anything wrong...just running.
It doesn't matter than the guy tried to wrestle the gun out of one of the whites' hands. He had no idea what they were going to do.
Not being duly authorized leos they had no business stopping someone and aiming a loaded weapon at him just because they thought he resembled a criminal.

Had Mr. Arbery been carrying, he'd have been within his rights to plug both those douchewheels.

If all that was true, then of course that changes the picture. If not then those guys were seriously out of bounds.

Guess will have to see how it shakes out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2020, 12:24:54 am »
Wrong. Retired father knew of his prior crimes. On probation.  The black dude, was asked to stop, stay, while police were on their way. They have video of him trespassing & going into houses. They knew him. They didn't know if he was armed. Only with a hammer.  Many home break in's in that area.  He was NOT jogging, and not in his neighborhood.  He lived about 16 miles away.  Georgia law says, they can stop him, and were waiting for police.  No clowns. Retired police officer, who had interrogated him before. They have video of his break ins.  You didn't listen to video.  No one "jog's" in timberline shoes.  More like casing a construction site. Wore boots.  The PERV attacked Travis, tried to get his gun, as with this trespassing....he would probably end up in jail.  Thief took his chances and was going to kill BOTH with the gun, he was trying to take away.  INNOCENT men don't do.  LET POLICE SORT IT OUT.  He was not innocent.
It doesn't matter what he did in the past. You just can't jump out of your vehicle and point loaded guns at people without just cause.
Arbery had committed no crime. The whites were totally UNJUSTIFIED at stopping him and pointing a gun at him.
You are claiming that just because someone has committed a crime in the past, people who are not leos can stop him and point a gun at him.
You can't. These boneheads were not authorized.
The proper course of action would have been to notify the authorities and let them handle it.
If you had committed some non-violent crime in the past, how would you like it if people approached you with a gun and started asking questions just because you were in their neighborhood?
You wouldn't like it one bit.
Arbery might not be a great citizen, but he did have rights. The right to go about your business without someone stopping you without cause and pointing a gun at you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2020, 01:13:07 am »
It doesn't matter what he did in the past. You just can't jump out of your vehicle and point loaded guns at people without just cause.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Arbery might not be a great citizen, but he did have rights. The right to go about your business without someone stopping you without cause and pointing a gun at you.

Again, where exactly did you get the "Pointed" their guns part? I didn't see it. Until he charged, I didn't see what you have said a few times now.

Here is the video... all of it with audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb9AMQbV04

What I did hear, was if that (what we heard as vocals in the video) was the only warning they gave it was sorta late to be honest. Didn't give jogger time to react really.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:18:08 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2020, 07:34:59 am »
Do all joggers check out garages too... since all guys do. Especially at night...

Also the video of Arbery entering the house under construction (house front looked completed) shows he wasn't "jogging" but just walking (or scoping out things to rob at night). Also who jogs with a hammer? I bet he stole the hammer though they don't have it on tape.

Video (sped up) of him entering the house after looking around to make sure nobody sees him. Time 13:30 enter and 14:37 leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=822&v=6Z99E6Vq6Hc

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2020, 07:43:57 am »
Also I pointed out earlier that perhaps the shooter and his father didn't give the boy enough heads up on telling him to stop... Even in the 911 call you can clearly hear him shout "Stop right there" .... Arbery knew exactly why he was being chased (for tresspassing). He took off running when he saw the fellow calling 911 on him.

Link to both 911 calls ... Second shorter one 911 call starts at 1:56 and you can hear the "Stop right there" comment clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEOBDlg9rp8
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:07:40 am by Sighlass »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2020, 09:48:18 am »
Arbery had committed no crime. The whites were totally UNJUSTIFIED at stopping him and pointing a gun at him.
You are claiming that just because someone has committed a crime in the past, people who are not leos can stop him and point a gun at him.
You can't. These boneheads were not authorized.
The proper course of action would have been to notify the authorities and let them handle it.
If you had committed some non-violent crime in the past, how would you like it if people approached you with a gun and started asking questions just because you were in their neighborhood?

Well stated.  Also I think we are missing the obvious.  This whole thing is being timed and created to generate a "Ferguson Missouri" type race event to help move a swing state like GA into the dim column, come November 3rd.  That farce of an interview between CNN and ATL mayor unabatingly implicating  Trump is ironclad proof.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2020, 11:01:53 am »
Well stated.  Also I think we are missing the obvious.  This whole thing is being timed and created to generate a "Ferguson Missouri" type race event to help move a swing state like GA into the dim column, come November 3rd. 
:word:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2020, 11:07:12 am »
Now this.
UPDATE: GBI arrests man after social media threat to Ahmaud Arbery protests

By: WSBTV.com News Staff
Updated: May 10, 2020 - 11:10 AM

GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — The GBI has arrested a man after a post on social media apparently threatening people protesting the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery has caught the eye of investigators.

The GBI tweeted Sunday that it is investigating a Facebook post that contains a threat to future protests connected to Arbery, who would have turned 26 on Friday, but was shot and killed Feb. 23.

On Sunday night, the agency said it had arrested Rashawn Smith, 20, and charged him with dissemination of information relating to terroristic acts. He was taken into custody in Midway, Ga.

Police said he created a Facebook account of an unwitting individual to post a hoax threat.  ...
WSB
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2020, 11:17:42 am »

"Police said he created a Facebook account of an unwitting individual to post a hoax threat.  ..."

More ironclad proof a premedicated Ferguson protest / riot type event....

Part 2.  Cue the Jussie Smollett strategy.

This thing is really starting to smell, and any sympathy for the victim is drying up fast.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:08:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2020, 11:49:34 am »
Do all joggers check out garages too... since all guys do. Especially at night...

Also the video of Arbery entering the house under construction (house front looked completed) shows he wasn't "jogging" but just walking (or scoping out things to rob at night). Also who jogs with a hammer? I bet he stole the hammer though they don't have it on tape.

Video (sped up) of him entering the house after looking around to make sure nobody sees him. Time 13:30 enter and 14:37 leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=822&v=6Z99E6Vq6Hc
Maybe i am maladjusted, but I can't column the number of times I have gone on to property of housed under construction to have a little look. Never stole anything just wanted to check out what they were doing. Mind you this was all done before anything was locked up or sealed in any way. Matter of fact there were two houses under construction around the corner from me this past month and it was all I could do not to stop and have  look see on the way to and from work. I am also going to say that the vast majority of my guy friends have done similar things. Like I said maybe I am maladjusted.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2020, 12:10:12 pm »
Trump called the incident disturbing from the outset.

I agree.   

He absolutely did. He still got the blame.

• Technical
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2020, 12:13:40 pm »
Maybe i am maladjusted, but I can't column the number of times I have gone on to property of housed under construction to have a little look. Never stole anything just wanted to check out what they were doing. Mind you this was all done before anything was locked up or sealed in any way. Matter of fact there were two houses under construction around the corner from me this past month and it was all I could do not to stop and have  look see on the way to and from work. I am also going to say that the vast majority of my guy friends have done similar things. Like I said maybe I am maladjusted.

There's not really much to steal in those houses. Maybe power tools I guess? Scraps of lumber?

What good would a hammer be in that situation? I'm not convinced he was robbing.

• Technical
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2020, 12:16:18 pm »
Had Mr. Arbery been carrying, he'd have been within his rights to plug both those douchewheels.

QFT. And he would have had a chance if he was carrying.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2020, 12:19:16 pm »
He absolutely did. He still got the blame.

The MSM has gone "all in"  into an all out frontal assualt on Trump.  Every, I mean every report is configured now to make him look as bad as possible.  The late night format, institutionalized by Johnny Carson?  Now is a late night 100% Trump hatefest. Sunday morning politico shows?  The same.

It's gotten to the point that nothing can be beleived  coming out of the cartel of CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WaPo, etc.
Not even the human interest stories, which are now veiled SJW hit pieces.

• Technical
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2020, 12:22:18 pm »
The MSM has gone "all in"  into an all out frontal assualt on Trump.  Every, I mean every report is configured now to make him look as bad as possible.  The late night format, institutionalized by Johnny Carson?  Now is a late night 100% Trump hatefest. Sunday morning politico shows?  The same.

It's gotten to the point that nothing can be beleived  coming out of the cartel of CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WaPo, etc.
Not even the human interest stories, which are now veiled SJW hit pieces.

And the shriller they screech, the less people will believe them.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2020, 12:44:59 pm »
The reason major construction sites erect an eight foot tall fence around the area is because people are curious. Everybody wants to wander in and see what's going on. Hence the classic picture of people peeking through the construction fence just to watch.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2020, 12:50:39 pm »
Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms compared the shooting death of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery in February to lynchings in the Jim Crow-era South and said that President Trump’s rhetoric give racists “permission to do it in an overt way.”

The Mayor is equating President Trump with Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2020, 12:53:00 pm »

Back 30 years ago, I lived in a new subdivision near Houston, and would visit after hours the homes under construction near by, just to get an idea of how my house was built, including design flaws.  (i.e plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.). Figured that information would helpful and useful later on for maintenance and repairs.  Didn't figure I was being weird at the time.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2020, 01:10:44 pm »
Back 30 years ago, I lived in a new subdivision near Houston, and would visit after hours the homes under construction near by, just to get an idea of how my house was built, including design flaws.  (i.e plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.). Figured that information would helpful and useful later on for maintenance and repairs.  Didn't figure I was being weird at the time.
@catfish1957

If you had done that in this neighborhood, you could have been shot.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2020, 03:49:10 pm »
@catfish1957

If you had done that in this neighborhood, you could have been shot.

Nice quiet brand new neighborhood and development , few people lived there at the time, 30 years ago???  Not a chance then.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2020, 03:59:21 pm »

It's different now... Between vandalism and outright thievery, jobsites are more and more protected - Thus the rise of Knack boxes... Bulletproof jobsite boxes for locking up tools that used to be left alone. Likewise onsite alarm systems and vid... Raiding jobsites has become big business in criminal circles.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2020, 04:58:37 pm »
Has it been stated yet, that stolen goods were found on his person or at his home? (where he committed the crime of living with his mother)

Just askin. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2020, 05:45:33 pm »
Has it been stated yet, that stolen goods were found on his person or at his home? (where he committed the crime of living with his mother)

Just askin.
The thing is the white guys had no idea if had done anything wrong. Walking into a marked construction site is hardly a major crime.
It didn't look like Arbery was lugging lumber or construction material on his shoulders. Because he wasn't.
These white guys saw a black guy running down the street whom they thought might be someone who, in their minds,  just committed a crime.
BUT THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE'D BEEN DOING!!!
They just stopped him, and POINTED A LOADED WEAPON AT HIM!!!
There are white thieves around where I live. They broke up a white burglary ring in my area last year.
I doubt any white guy out jogging/running would like the idea of some people driving up to him, jumping out of their car, and pointing a loaded weapon at him because he resembled somebody they knew who had committed a crime.
Again, if they thought the guy had committed a crime, they should have called the proper authorities.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:54:22 pm by goatprairie »