Author Topic: Georgia shooting of Ahmaud Arbery spurs outcry  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Georgia shooting of Ahmaud Arbery spurs outcry
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 07:06:41 pm »
Okay, I watched the video and did my hour review as best I could....

Men (two) have been upset about robberies in the neighborhood which had been caught on camera (looked like perp).... Third person (was following the two men that shot the perp) was involved (probable person filming). I imagine the 3rd person was the one that was being robbed and suggested give chase.... Not sure... but somehow they thought they were hot on the trail.

They give chase and overtake the suspect on foot in their truck. Pull ahead of him and try to get him to stop (citizen's arrest)... They are armed (and I imagine the dead fellow Ahmaud Arbery knew they were armed?) and he had to know they were armed (visual). He attacked the older fellow with the shotgun (yes he attacked).... in the struggle he was shot.

I am sorta torn, citizen arrests are legal... shooting someone attacking you is legal. That said, if the fellow was just jogging and was suddenly stopped and feared for his life, attacking someone with a gun you think is trying to kill you is also legal.

Not sure I agree with some of the others here that this was murder... Don't have all the facts.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:08:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 07:07:59 pm »
What happened to Mr Abrery is an individual tragedy, in this case he deserves our sympathies and is deserving of the fullest and fairest application of the law it is possible to provide.

As do any of the other X 100s of people killed at the hands of others in this country every year, regardless of race.

That aside, it is unfortunate that the media and certain politicians have decided some killings in this country are more deserving of our attention and our sympathies than are others.  Especially so when clearly their purpose is to instigate hate and resentment.

"I am making an example of you. To send a message out to people everywhere that if you want to hurt another human being, you better make damn sure they're the same color as you are."

-South Park

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 07:15:00 pm »
Comments like that from the scoundrel Atlanta mayor make things worse.
Many more whites are murdered by blacks than vice versa.
But nobody knows the names of the whites murdered by blacks because the media rarely reports or blows them up nationally. They're not made a big deal.
For the matter, I think the two white nitwits who stalked and shot the black guy are guilty of at least manslaughter.
But the lib media will pump this case up like they do all others of whites killing blacks.

TRUE.  ABREY WAS ON...PROBATION  AND HAD PRIORS.  LIVES WITH MOM.  NOT IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.  NOT EVEN WEARING JOGGING SHOES......more lies. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 07:24:59 pm »
I am sorta torn, citizen arrests are legal...
I have read that in Georgia, the person attempting a citizen's arrest must have witnessed the arrestee committing a felony. That doesn't appear to have happened in this case. Even if the deceased walked into the house under construction and looked around* (and let's face it, that's what guys do, they look at construction sites), thereby trespassing, I doubt trespassing is a felony and the McMichaels were not the aggrieved parties anyway. It wasn't their house.

That he may have been on probation for a previous offense is completely irrelevant, by the way.

But I agree wholeheartedly: we don't have all the facts. It would be great if we didn't act like we did.

*which is what the video shows. It doesn't show him stealing anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 07:32:52 pm »
Accused of the crime of living with mother.

Accused of the crime of jogging without jogging shoes.

Found guilty, executed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 07:43:40 pm »
I have read that in Georgia, the person attempting a citizen's arrest must have witnessed the arrestee committing a felony. That doesn't appear to have happened in this case. Even if the deceased walked into the house under construction and looked around* (and let's face it, that's what guys do, they look at construction sites), thereby trespassing, I doubt trespassing is a felony and the McMichaels were not the aggrieved parties anyway. It wasn't their house.

That he may have been on probation for a previous offense is completely irrelevant, by the way.

But I agree wholeheartedly: we don't have all the facts. It would be great if we didn't act like we did.

*which is what the video shows. It doesn't show him stealing anything.

I think you are right about witnessing...

Of course the video didn't show him stealing, it did show him throwing punches at the older fellow though (attacking)... It also showed the fellow Ahmaud trying to just go around them (escape?? or flee) We don't know, and can't read minds. We don't know what was said the the fellow shot before either... was he told "Stop we want to talk to you about some thiefing in the area?" or "Joe saw you back there looking at his house so stop and lets talk to the police?" or "stop you negro that doesn't belong here?"...

All we know is the fellow tried to avoid them until the fellow got out of the truck and showed his gun... and that Ahmaud didn't attempt to talk but immediately attacked throwing several punches and grabbing at the gun....

Speculate is all I can do at this point... But I can see where this was not murder and just a good neighbor just trying to protect his neighborhood as best he understood, with no intentions whatsoever of shooting someone.

To me, if murder was the intent, then you don't wait until the person is on you grabbing your gun and throwing punches, you shoot from a safe distance.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:47:41 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 07:44:01 pm »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 07:59:57 pm »
I am sorta torn, citizen arrests are legal... shooting someone attacking you is legal. ...

1. GA requires a person making a citizen's arrest to have witnessed the crime. The McMichaels did not witness a crime, making what they attempted false imprisonment, which is a crime. Gregory McMichael, the former police officer, would have known this.

2. By employing vehicles to attempt to cut off Arbery, the McMichaels assaulted him using deadly force. Arbery, at that point, had the legal right to defend himself, including the use of deadly force.

3. While the McMichaels might have perceived Arbery as having assaulted one of them, in trying to get by one of them, Arbery did not use deadly force, therefore the McMichael's use of deadly force (shooting him) was at best intentional manslaughter.

4. Given that the McMichaels were attempting an illegal arrest (= false imprisonment) and at least twice used unjustified deadly force, I think the murder charge is completely correct.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 08:03:17 pm »
Atlanta mayor calls Ahmaud Arbery killing 'a lynching'; says Trump's rhetoric gives

Couldn't you just say the mayor of Atlanta's rhetoric says that white people are to bend over backwards to allow black people to have their way in crime? What is the difference?

Offline verga

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 08:09:50 pm »
I think you are right about witnessing...

Of course the video didn't show him stealing, it did show him throwing punches at the older fellow though (attacking)... It also showed the fellow Ahmaud trying to just go around them (escape?? or flee) We don't know, and can't read minds. We don't know what was said the the fellow shot before either... was he told "Stop we want to talk to you about some thiefing in the area?" or "Joe saw you back there looking at his house so stop and lets talk to the police?" or "stop you negro that doesn't belong here?"...

All we know is the fellow tried to avoid them until the fellow got out of the truck and showed his gun... and that Ahmaud didn't attempt to talk but immediately attacked throwing several punches and grabbing at the gun....

Speculate is all I can do at this point... But I can see where this was not murder and just a good neighbor just trying to protect his neighborhood as best he understood, with no intentions whatsoever of shooting someone.

To me, if murder was the intent, then you don't wait until the person is on you grabbing your gun and throwing punches, you shoot from a safe distance.
Well you have one thing wrong right off the bat. It was the son that had the shotgun. The father was carrying a .357 magnum pistol.
So if you have that wrong is it all possible that your analysis is wrong? You see I watched the video a bunch of times and i did not see the young man throw any punches until after the first shot was fired (Off screen) You can tell by the description of his injuries and the the defendants description. They claimed that Ahmaud grabbed the shotgun by the barrel and the first shot injured his right hand. So think about this for a second: Why would you want to grab the barrel of a shotgun when another person is standing behind you with a pistol? Also if look closely at the video it appears that the person standing in the bed of the truck is also armed with a long weapon.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2020, 08:10:05 pm »
What happened to Mr Abrery is an individual tragedy, in this case he deserves our sympathies and is deserving of the fullest and fairest application of the law it is possible to provide.

As do any of the other X 100s of people killed at the hands of others in this country every year, regardless of race.

That aside, it is unfortunate that the media and certain politicians have decided some killings in this country are more deserving of our attention and our sympathies than are others.  Especially so when clearly their purpose is to instigate hate and resentment.
"Especially so when clearly their purpose is to instigate hate and resentment."

By spreading the myth of black males being hunted by leos or average whites, the media is responsible over the decades for the deaths of thousands of whites who were murdered by resentful blacks just because they were white.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »

3. While the McMichaels might have perceived Arbery as having assaulted one of them, in trying to get by one of them, Arbery did not use deadly force, therefore the McMichael's use of deadly force (shooting him) was at best intentional manslaughter.

Guess we have to disagree here, that was not kiddy punches thrown at the older fellow... and he was NOT trying to get by them at the later point... getting by them was circling around the truck, charging the older fellow throwing punches (more than one) wasn't "perceived", it is fact.

By employing vehicles to attempt to cut off Arbery, the McMichaels assaulted him using deadly force. 

I thought the law read --->Purposely using a vehicle to hit another driver or pedestrian.

I don't think anyone here thinks they tried to hit him with the truck.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 08:17:39 pm »
Okay, I watched the video and did my hour review as best I could....

Men (two) have been upset about robberies in the neighborhood which had been caught on camera (looked like perp).... Third person (was following the two men that shot the perp) was involved (probable person filming). I imagine the 3rd person was the one that was being robbed and suggested give chase.... Not sure... but somehow they thought they were hot on the trail.

They give chase and overtake the suspect on foot in their truck. Pull ahead of him and try to get him to stop (citizen's arrest)... They are armed (and I imagine the dead fellow Ahmaud Arbery knew they were armed?) and he had to know they were armed (visual). He attacked the older fellow with the shotgun (yes he attacked).... in the struggle he was shot.

I am sorta torn, citizen arrests are legal... shooting someone attacking you is legal. That said, if the fellow was just jogging and was suddenly stopped and feared for his life, attacking someone with a gun you think is trying to kill you is also legal.

Not sure I agree with some of the others here that this was murder... Don't have all the facts.
]"Not sure I agree with some of the others here that this was murder[/b]... Don't have all the facts."

Maybe not murder, but at least manslaughter. They probably didn't plan to shoot the guy out of hand i.e. murder, but what happened is 100% their responsibility.
If you suspect a neighbor has been stealing apples from your apple tree, you don't have the right to go to his house and confront him with a loaded gun. If your neighbor lunges at you and the gun goes off and kills him, it's your responsibility.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »

TRUE.  ABREY WAS ON...PROBATION  AND HAD PRIORS.  LIVES WITH MOM.  NOT IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.  NOT EVEN WEARING JOGGING SHOES......more lies. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Doesn't make any difference. You're running in a neighborhood, not yours, in regular clothes. Somebody jumps out of car and points a weapon at you. They don't know who you are or what you've done in the past.
These clowns simply had no business stopping the guy and pointing a loaded gun at him. They're 100% culpable for what happened.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2020, 08:40:25 pm »
Doesn't make any difference. You're running in a neighborhood, not yours, in regular clothes. Somebody jumps out of car and points a weapon at you. They don't know who you are or what you've done in the past.
These clowns simply had no business stopping the guy and pointing a loaded gun at him. They're 100% culpable for what happened.
Once they called the Police on the guy, which they did, that was the end of their part. They had no business chasing the guy down trying to block him in with vehicles and holding him at gunpoint. That was an extreme overreaction and out of the scope of their authority. If he was directly in the middle of committing a crime, beating someone, raping, climbing through a window, then maybe.

When the 911 operator kept asking them, 'What has he done?' 'What is the crime?' they had no answer except that he was running through their neighborhood.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2020, 09:36:21 pm »
There may be a murder "charge", but there will be no conviction.

This guy Arbery WAS NOT just "jogging' in the neighborhood". He was likely up to no good. The first video (of him casing out the property under construction) proves that.

Of course, that doesn't justify shooting him in cold blood.
But... it WASN'T quite "cold blood".

The black guy turned and then attacked the younger man holding the shotgun, I believe he even yanked at the barrel. Could this have been "the force" that caused the weapon to discharge, at least the first time that injured his hand?

The son may end up with a negligent homicide/involuntary manslaughter conviction. A few years at most.
The father will probably be acquitted, or receive even a lesser charge at worst.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2020, 09:50:35 pm »
There may be a murder "charge", but there will be no conviction.

This guy Arbery WAS NOT just "jogging' in the neighborhood". He was likely up to no good. The first video (of him casing out the property under construction) proves that.

Of course, that doesn't justify shooting him in cold blood.
But... it WASN'T quite "cold blood".

The black guy turned and then attacked the younger man holding the shotgun, I believe he even yanked at the barrel. Could this have been "the force" that caused the weapon to discharge, at least the first time that injured his hand?

The son may end up with a negligent homicide/involuntary manslaughter conviction. A few years at most.
The father will probably be acquitted, or receive even a lesser charge at worst.

This will end up being another political persecution, meaning a certain constituency will hold society hostage until they get the sentence they want.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2020, 10:12:05 pm »
Well you have one thing wrong right off the bat. It was the son that had the shotgun. The father was carrying a .357 magnum pistol.
So if you have that wrong is it all possible that your analysis is wrong? You see I watched the video a bunch of times and i did not see the young man throw any punches until after the first shot was fired (Off screen) You can tell by the description of his injuries and the the defendants description. They claimed that Ahmaud grabbed the shotgun by the barrel and the first shot injured his right hand. So think about this for a second: Why would you want to grab the barrel of a shotgun when another person is standing behind you with a pistol? Also if look closely at the video it appears that the person standing in the bed of the truck is also armed with a long weapon.

Thanks, I watched it last night a few times (late without volume, everyone is asleep)... and have slept since then. Seems I didn't invert weapons, just the father and son. Father was in the back of the truck.

I watched it again just now... and you are right, the first shot is fairly quick, but we don't know if it was just a accidental shot (due to pulling on the gun with finger on trigger) or not. The whole encounter took just seconds to occur as most do.

Younger son is already out of the truck so shooter saw him from a distance, and Arbery does see him and looks like he was gonna run right at him, but then turns (suddenly) to run around the truck but suddenly decides to attack instead. Perhaps he was going to attack before he veered, but decided the angle was not in his favor. We hear a shout (camera is not showing, don't know who shouted either) as Ahmaud goes around truck (sounded like 3 syllables, but inaudible in reality). Note the jogger was several feet in the grass at one point looking like he was gonna run into the yard away, but actually was positioning himself to make a lunge at a better angle, straight on. Next we see Arbery's feet at full run speeding rounding the truck. (19 seconds in video). First shot is heard at 20 seconds (and what has happened we can NOT see because the truck and door obscure the view except feet positions). There may of been a punch or not? What we can see is the younger shooter fellow was then in a defensive back up mode trying to put space between himself and Arbery. Perhaps he was taken somewhat surprised that Arbery rounded the corner of the truck so quickly. All we know is the shooter was not quite in front of the truck (jogger covered that whole distance himself) due to angle of camera shot but very close to the driver front of truck, but not in front. Part of the back up could be partially attributed to force of the lunge at him also and the struggle for the gun (again we can not see if a punch was thrown). The feet being squared forward (of the shooter) (One foot in front of the other) suggests holding his ground, maybe advancing, maybe bracing to meet a force coming at him. We see the jogger had made the decision not to attack at first (veering suddenly after running right at younger fellow at first then circling the truck), but decided to run around the front for a better angle (and some protection and limited view shielding). It also put some padding between the jogger and the person in the back of the truck who might attempt to help.

At 20 seconds in the video we see the shooter with his feet together at one point, and the jogger in full step advance mode. One can tell who had the force driving the direction. The fellow with the shotgun has backed up a few steps but has put his shoulder in stopping the advance (leaning into the oncoming force). Shotgun man lowers his center of gravity and stops the advance and seems to have regained possession of the gun. Still at 21-22 seconds in video. We lose camera for a bit at 22 seconds. But before we lose camera, we see the jogger pulling his right arm back for a punch (elbow is all we can see). It is 24 seconds and we hear the second shot. Smoke suggests it is directed towards the front of the truck area.

At 27 seconds both come back in view... reversed directions. Shooter is now having his back to the truck driver door. He has a wide stance to help keep control of the gun. Shooter also seems to still be backing away perhaps to keep control of the gun. At 28 seconds we see a good solid punch (again the right hand) connect to the shooter. Shooter as soon as punched seems to get an off balance shot off. Video is blurry and goes somewhat off center, but quickly recovers shot and focus. We are at 20 seconds. Shooter seems to know it was a fatal shot when jogger backs off 30 seconds), jogger loses will to fight (also seeming to want to run away, may be blinded) and after a few steps back resumes jogging forward and collapses headlong soon afterwards. We see as soon as the last shot goes off, the shooter does not take further defensive (or offensive) positioning. His gun was pointed down, he was backing up suggesting he did not want this deadly encounter and only wanted to not get killed himself. He backed away to let the fellow run away, getting out of his path.

I still don't see this as murder. Just a stop that went bad wrong and a stupid mistake of attacking an armed person. Coupled with not witnessing the thief, the bad judgement extends to both parties. The person filming, what did they see, did they relay they caught them in the act? Did they say he this looks just like the person I caught on film? I don't know, ain't read enough.

Just talking about something among friends... got something I didn't see, put it out there.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:13:19 pm by Sighlass »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2020, 10:21:35 pm »
The problem for the white father and son is that they instigated the killing by approaching the guy with a loaded weapon.
You're running down the road and two people jump out of a car and approach you with a loaded weapon. You weren't doing anything wrong...just running.
It doesn't matter than the guy tried to wrestle the gun out of one of the whites' hands. He had no idea what they were going to do.
Not being duly authorized leos they had no business stopping someone and aiming a loaded weapon at him just because they thought he resembled a criminal.

Had Mr. Arbery been carrying, he'd have been within his rights to plug both those douchewheels.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2020, 11:21:11 pm »
The problem for the white father and son is that they instigated the killing by approaching the guy with a loaded weapon.
You're running down the road and two people jump out of a car and approach you with a loaded weapon. You weren't doing anything wrong...just running.
It doesn't matter than the guy tried to wrestle the gun out of one of the whites' hands. He had no idea what they were going to do.
Not being duly authorized leos they had no business stopping someone and aiming a loaded weapon at him just because they thought he resembled a criminal.

Approaching? I thought they passed him by a good distance (we are not privy how far) but it seems they were not approaching, but attempting to stop him (citizen's arrest). I don't agree with the word approaching, they did give hunt to find and probable passed him and stopped and got out. But just judging from the video, they were not approaching after stopping. Just waiting.

He wasn't just "running"... He ran after being seen trespassing (hauling ass).... Yes he was observed by someone and it was on video of him booking it after being seen. Jogging is one thing, Hauling butt projects something different.

You probable have a point about "He had no idea what they were planning to do"... yelling "stop we want to talk" a second before this went down was not time to process they didn't want to do him harm. But he had to know he didn't want to talk to the police are anyone else after being seen at a construction site. Hauling butt proves that to me...

Does that give the shooter the right to shoot him? Nope... but at the same time attacking someone with a gun is not always the best option unless you knew they just wanted to kill you. At that point, if you feel someone has wronged you, you try to escape and call the police... or you do as this fellow did, try to turn the gun in his favor by taking it away (like in the movies). Can't really say if I was young I would not try this option (except knowing I had just committed a crime by trespassing, then I know I would be in the wrong). I would think probable these two guys saw what he did and were arresting him.

Now, if we back it up further, do we believe that the kid was seen earlier and gave a jester like he was reaching for a gun? Did that give them the right to think he may of been armed?

You say "they pointed a loaded gun at him"... Did they? Or did the shooter only pull up the weapon when charged? Were they actually "Pointing" at him? I must of missed that (or it was too blury to tell). Now I have to hunt down the dang video again.

Lot to digest, and lot of it more than just a 15 second video presents.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:25:29 pm by Sighlass »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2020, 11:33:57 pm »
Is this the same ditz who criticized Brian Kemp for reopening the state, while the majority of her constituents were living paycheck to paycheck?  Ghetto princess of crime city.  Who cares?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41:57 pm »
And we wonder why so many Trump supporters get upset.....

WHAT RHETORIC?  The lowest unemployment for blacks in decades?  Ben Carson & Trump creating OPPORTUNITY ZONES for the black race ?  POTUS kissing the hand of black, GOLD STAR MOTHER?  TRUMP MEETING WITH KANYE WEST IN Oval Office?  Having DIAMOND & SILK..sit next to him at round table meeting for blacks?   This is sheer smearing of POTUS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, before he ran of office, heard of XXXXX can't remember her name, her mother & brother were murdered, he let her stay in TRUMP TOWERS for a year rent free.  Black singer, kind of new. Jennifer HUDSON!  Another homeless black woman, holding up his sign, and being 'attacked' & mocked by other blacks, is now living in an apartment & POTUS GAVE HER 25 K. for a leg up.  Many story's like this. In fact POTUS HAS A SOFT SPOT FOR THE BLACK RACE!  THESE LIARS ARE TOALLY INSANE.
--
“With the rhetoric we hear coming out of the White House,” she added, “many who are prone to being racist are given permission to do it in an overt way we wouldn’t see in 2020.=ARTICLE.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 11:56:03 pm »

Wrong. Retired father knew of his prior crimes. On probation.  The black dude, was asked to stop, stay, while police were on their way. They have video of him trespassing & going into houses. They knew him. They didn't know if he was armed. Only with a hammer.  Many home break in's in that area.  He was NOT jogging, and not in his neighborhood.  He lived about 16 miles away.  Georgia law says, they can stop him, and were waiting for police.  No clowns. Retired police officer, who had interrogated him before. They have video of his break ins.  You didn't listen to video.  No one "jog's" in timberline shoes.  More like casing a construction site. Wore boots.  The PERV attacked Travis, tried to get his gun, as with this trespassing....he would probably end up in jail.  Thief took his chances and was going to kill BOTH with the gun, he was trying to take away.  INNOCENT men don't do.  LET POLICE SORT IT OUT.  He was not innocent.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2020, 12:04:26 am »
Vulcan wrote:
"Had Mr. Arbery been carrying, he'd have been within his rights to plug both those douchewheels."

I doubt he was legally entitled to "carry", due to his past record.
Puts him into a whole different category if he had been sporting a gun...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2020, 12:05:00 am »
YOU ARE BOTH WRONG.  They yelled at him to stop, stay, police were on their way.  Trespassing on construction site & casing it. Going into homes, there.  Videos of him doing break ins on other homes.  He was on probation, for other theft & didn't want to go to jail. His intent was to kill BOTH.....then run away.  911  was called.  Father & son did not instigate anything. Stopping crime.
---------------------------------------
Quote from: goatprairie on Today at 02:09:41 PM

Had Mr. Arbery been carrying, he'd have been within his rights to plug both those douchewheels.