Author Topic: Manicurist killed by alligator was on house call during South Carolina lockdown  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manicurist killed by alligator was on house call during South Carolina lockdown
by Caitlin Yilek
 | May 07, 2020 02:01 PM

A woman was visiting a client for an in-home nail appointment in South Carolina when authorities say she was killed in an alligator attack.

Nail salons in South Carolina have been closed during the coronavirus pandemic, but Cynthia Covert, 58, went to the Kiawah Island home of Barbara Howell to give the woman a manicure last week, according to a Charleston County Sheriff’s Office report released Tuesday.

During the at-home appointment, Covert was drawn to a nearby pond where she spotted the alligator.

"She saw the alligator in the pond and was fascinated," the police report said, adding that Howell thought Covert was acting strangely during the appointment.

"Barbara stated that she was cleaning up the porch when she noticed Covert down by the water," the report said. "Barbara yelled to Covert that the alligator grabbed a deer the other day from that spot, and Covert replied, 'I don't look like a deer,' then moved to touch the alligator."

Covert was then pulled into the water by the alligator. The alligator later emerged, biting onto her leg, after first responders arrived. Police shot and killed the alligator, and it let go of the victim.

"The cause of death was drowning and ruled accidental," according to the police report.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/manicurist-killed-by-alligator-was-on-house-call-during-south-carolina-lockdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

I don't like to invoke Darwin's Law here, and I wish the woman hadn't have been so dumb, but put this death down to terminal stupidity.  Who tries to pet large alligators?

Offline Idiot

I don't like to invoke Darwin's Law here, and I wish the woman hadn't have been so dumb, but put this death down to terminal stupidity.  Who tries to pet large alligators?
But it looked so friendly wagging it's tail.