Author Topic: Cuomo - Healthcare Workers Who Traveled to NY to Fight Coronavirus Will Have to Pay State Tax  (Read 647 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit By Cristina Laila 5/6/2020

Cuomo Says Healthcare Workers Who Voluntarily Traveled Across Country to Help Fight New York’s Coronavirus Outbreak Will Have to Pay State Income Tax

Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday that healthcare workers who voluntarily traveled to New York to help with the Coronavirus will have to pay state income taxes.

Recall, Cuomo begged America’s healthcare workers to travel to New York to fight the outbreak at the hardest hit part of the nation.

So THOUSANDS of medical workers left their families and traveled to New York, risking getting the virus in order to help others in need.

Now Cuomo is taking money from the volunteer workers because his state has a $13 billion deficit.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/cuomo-says-healthcare-workers-voluntarily-traveled-across-country-help-fight-new-yorks-coronavirus-outbreak-will-pay-state-income-tax/

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A Farmer walked through his field one cold winter morning. On the ground lay a Snake, stiff and frozen with the cold. The Farmer knew how deadly the Snake could be, and yet he picked it up and put it in his bosom to warm it back to life.

The Snake soon revived, and when it had enough strength, bit the man who had been so kind to it. The bite was deadly and the Farmer felt that he must die. As he drew his last breath, he said to those standing around:

Learn from my fate not to take pity on a scoundrel.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mortarman

Naw, Andy Corleone wouldn't do that, now would he?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No good deed goes unpunished.  **nononono*

Andrew is gonna find one way or another to make everyone else pay for his fiscal malfeasance in Albany.

This is the kind of crap Rush Limbaugh has referenced in the past about why he has to carefully monitor whatever time he spends in NYC when visiting the EIB studios there.

If he's in New York for too long they send him a tax bill.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Most volunteers are paid $ZERO. Only Sonny Corleone, oops, Andy Cuomo could find a way to tax $0.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Most volunteers are paid $ZERO. Only Sonny Corleone, oops, Andy Cuomo could find a way to tax $0.

Think again.

Volunteers Rushed to Help New York Hospitals. They Found a Bottleneck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-volunteers.html

When New York called for volunteers to help fight the coronavirus, 90,000 people responded. The hard part? Getting them into hospitals.

When Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo called for medical workers around the country to come to New York last month and join the fight against the coronavirus, Bevin Strickland was ready to help.

Ms. Strickland, a former pediatric intensive care unit nurse in High Point, N.C., spent hours trying to submit her volunteer application online, and then emailed city and state representatives. She never heard back.

Frustrated, she reached out directly to Mount Sinai Queens hospital in New York City. A manager told her to use a private recruiting agency, which the hospital had used for years to bring in temporary staff.

Within two days, Ms. Strickland, 47, received her assignment. She started this week in the hospital’s emergency department, making about $3,800 a week for three 12-hour shifts instead of doing it for free, as she had initially wanted.

“I don’t feel like I should be walking out of this scenario with any money,” said Ms. Strickland, a doctoral student in nurse anesthesia. “It feels wrong. I don’t want the hospital paying the recruiter for me.”

As of Wednesday, more than 90,000 retired and active health care workers had signed up online to volunteer at the epicenter of the pandemic, including 25,000 from outside New York, the governor’s office said.

Online mountaineer

I was thinking more about the Samaritan's Purse workers - whom Sonny wants to tax. Pretty sure they didn't take any pay.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I was thinking more about the Samaritan's Purse workers - whom Sonny wants to tax. Pretty sure they didn't take any pay.

Think Again

https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs

FAQs

Do you provide salary information to potential applicants?

We generally do not discuss salary until an applicant is invited to interview. At that time, we are glad to discuss a range for the position. It is strongly advised that applicants list a desired salary or salary range on their application. This amount should be within your ability to consider the opportunity.

Online mountaineer

I believe that might refer to actual SP employees, e.g., at headquarters - although I don't know for certain. When SP responds to a situation, whether tornado or pandemic, I'm pretty sure most of the "boots on the ground" are true volunteers.

It's possible they receive some support while away from home. But the bottom line is that Cuomo is a jerk for wanting any such person to pay income tax.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I believe that might refer to actual SP employees, e.g., at headquarters - although I don't know for certain. When SP responds to a situation, whether tornado or pandemic, I'm pretty sure most of the "boots on the ground" are true volunteers.

It's possible they receive some support while away from home. But the bottom line is that Cuomo is a jerk for wanting any such person to pay income tax.

New York!  I wonder how many truck drives who delivered transformers to the power companies were insulted sufficiently when they were called "scabs" and "scumbags" for helping out after Sandy?  I doubt they have a lot of desire to do that again.  Same for anybody who gets hit with the Cuomo Tax Bills.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So he extends the quarantine in NY and since business and personal taxes have declined as a result, is making it up on out of staters who wish to help those in NY in need?

How compassionate this individual is.

I wonder if as President he would do the same to foreigners like the Chinese to help cover the US tax revenues too?  How would that go over in the Cuomo foreign policy manifesto?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

Once again Cuomo is the reason that so many people are leaving that hellhole.
A friend of mine used to work in Manhattan, but lived in Connecticut. He literally kept track of every day that his company sent him out of town so he would not have to pay state taxes for that day. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Once again Cuomo is the reason that so many people are leaving that hellhole.
A friend of mine used to work in Manhattan, but lived in Connecticut. He literally kept track of every day that his company sent him out of town so he would not have to pay state taxes for that day.
I had a similar life like that at one time
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington