Author Topic: Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying hom  (Read 751 times)

Offline Hoodat

Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

Noah Higgins-Dunn, Kevin Breuniger     |     May 6 2020     |     12:25 PM EDT

Most new Covid-19 hospitalizations in New York state are from people who were staying home and not venturing much outside, a “shocking” finding, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.   

The preliminary data was from 100 New York hospitals involving about 1,000 patients, Cuomo said at his daily briefing.

It shows that 66% of new admissions were from people who had largely been sheltering at home. The next highest source of admissions was from nursing homes, 18%.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-gov-cuomo-says-its-shocking-most-new-coronavirus-hospitalizations-are-people-staying-home.html

Gee, what an amazing revelation.  People who remain in their cool dry homes devoid of sunlight (just like bats) end up getting bat flu (just like bats).  We already knew this weeks ago.  Yet Cuomo continues to tell people to stay locked up in their caves.

As for the nursing home victims, again Cuomo.  He ordered infected patients to be sent to nursing homes, and placed no prohibition on infected nursing home workers to stay away from work.  Cuomo has blood on his hands.  Lots of blood.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Listen, Cuomo you a$$hole, these people were at home because they found out you, personally  were forcing sick people onto the nursing homes.

May God have mercy on your soul.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LottieDah

Andrew Cuomo is an arrogant turd.  The cold winters are not the only reason people are leaving New York state in droves.  It is him!

Online The_Reader_David

More innumeracy from the left.  The vast majority of people in New York state don't have jobs defined to be essential and which moreover cannot be done by telecommuting from home, and thus have been staying home. Only the innumerate would find it "shocking" that most of any particular characteristic (be it new hospitalizations for coronavirus or red hair) is found in a subpopulation that represents the vast majority of the population as a whole (leaving aside instances where the subpopulation was defined to exclude the characteristic or another characteristic with nearly perfect correlation).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

rangerrebew

Wuhan Virus Watch: 66% of New York State Hospitalizations are of People Who Stayed HOME

Posted by Leslie Eastman      Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 9:30am

Evidence mounts that outside is safer. UK & US officials warn of cyber-spying directed at COVID-19 research. Trump says Coronavirus Task Force will remain ‘indefinitely’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVlx3oukCGs   

Today’s update will begin with the shocking determination that the vast majority of coronavirus-hospitalized New Yorkers were sheltering-at-home.

The majority of people who are still being hospitalized with the coronavirus across the state of New York are staying at home and are not essential workers, new data has revealed, prompting the questions of whether or not lockdown even works or for how much longer it will be necessary.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/05/wuhan-virus-watch-66-of-new-york-state-hospitalizations-are-of-people-who-stayed-home/

Offline roamer_1

The majority of people who are still being hospitalized with the coronavirus across the state of New York are staying at home and are not essential workers, new data has revealed, prompting the questions of whether or not lockdown even works or for how much longer it will be necessary.

*****rollingeyes***** 9999hair out0000

Offline Idiot

Wuhan Virus Watch: 66% of New York State Hospitalizations are of People Who Stayed HOME

Posted by Leslie Eastman      Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 9:30am

Evidence mounts that outside is safer. UK & US officials warn of cyber-spying directed at COVID-19 research. Trump says Coronavirus Task Force will remain ‘indefinitely’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVlx3oukCGs   

Today’s update will begin with the shocking determination that the vast majority of coronavirus-hospitalized New Yorkers were sheltering-at-home.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/05/wuhan-virus-watch-66-of-new-york-state-hospitalizations-are-of-people-who-stayed-home/
Obviously someone had to bring it into the home in some way. 

Turns out the ones who said this thing had to run it's course were probably right.  Now that our economy is in shambles and my 401k looks like crap. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"It shows that 66% of new admissions were from people who had largely been sheltering at home."

They may have ventured out for necessities a few times (as many do), and encountered the virus that way.

They may have had contact with others who thought they were "clean"... but weren't.

If they had things delivered -- food or otherwise -- it's also possible the delivery people may have been carriers. Or perhaps the virus might have been present on the items delivered.

Offline Hoodat

Obviously someone had to bring it into the home in some way. 

In your typical NY high rise, your home is shared with hundreds of other people sharing elevators, garbage space, doors, etc.  But most importantly, you are sharing the same air and ventilation system.  If a single person brings it inside, everyone in the entire building is threatened.  Cuomo has known this for months, yet he still gave the same orders to NYC residents that he gave to the upstate boonies.

Staying indoors kills.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online The_Reader_David

In your typical NY high rise, ... you are sharing the same air and ventilation system. 

Bingo.  I bet if you divide stay-at-homers into apartment dwellers and those living in single family homes or duplexes, the hospitalizations will be found to by disproportionately among the apartment dwellers.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online libertybele

Bingo.  I bet if you divide stay-at-homers into apartment dwellers and those living in single family homes or duplexes, the hospitalizations will be found to by disproportionately among the apartment dwellers.

No doubt. The advice has been to open up your home/apartment and let some fresh air in.  I don't live in an apartment, but I certainly would open up my windows a bit for awhile everyday.  I realize that it is still cold out in some areas -- but I'd crack my window open at least for a 1/2 hour off and on throughout the day to let some fresh air in. 

I'd also be spraying the apartment with Lysol -- it kills viruses.  Perhaps not specifically for COVID-19, but it can' hurt.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:23:26 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

More innumeracy from the left.  The vast majority of people in New York state don't have jobs defined to be essential and which moreover cannot be done by telecommuting from home, and thus have been staying home. Only the innumerate would find it "shocking" that most of any particular characteristic (be it new hospitalizations for coronavirus or red hair) is found in a subpopulation that represents the vast majority of the population as a whole (leaving aside instances where the subpopulation was defined to exclude the characteristic or another characteristic with nearly perfect correlation).

What?  Are you able to say that in English?  I understood the words, but what are you saying?

(leaving aside instances where the subpopulation was defined to exclude the characteristic or another characteristic with nearly perfect correlation)=DAVID

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No doubt. The advice has been to open up your home/apartment and let some fresh air in.  I don't live in an apartment, but I certainly would open up my windows a bit for awhile everyday.  I realize that it is still cold out in some areas -- but I'd crack my window open at least for a 1/2 hour off and on throughout the day to let some fresh air in. 

I'd also be spraying the apartment with Lysol -- it kills viruses.  Perhaps not specifically for COVID-19, but it can' hurt.

Might be fake news, but I believe Lysol has been saying for years it kills Coronavirus. 

ETA:  https://heavy.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-lysol-wipes-spray/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:41:02 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Did, do, the same things.  I live in the SW...but open everything up.  Daily. Then lysol spray.   :thumbsup:

Online libertybele

Might be fake news, but I believe Lysol has been saying for years it kills Coronavirus.

Nope, not fake news.  Looking at my trusty can of Lysol it does list many viruses on the label; SARS Coronavirus, H1N1, Avian Influenza A, Respiratory Syntical Virus (RSV), Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus, Rhinovirus, Influenza B, MRSA, Adenovirus, and several others.

What is it going to hurt to spray surfaces (not kitchen countertops) with Lysol?  Personally, if I lived in an apartment, I'd change the air filter every month and spray the filter with a mist of Lysol every now and then.

I wash my counters with bleach then rinse several times, use Clorox wipes on door knobs, light switches, bathroom surfaces and I spray soft surfaces, furniture areas with a light mist of Lysol.  I do this in the morning and I leave the doors and windows open to air out the house. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:08:06 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Nope, not fake news.  Looking at my trusty can of Lysol it does list many viruses on the label; SARS Coronavirus, H1N1, Avian Influenza A, Respiratory Syntical Virus (RSV), Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus, Rhinovirus, Influenza B, MRSA, Adenovirus, and several others.

What is it going to hurt to spray surfaces (not kitchen countertops) with Lysol?  Personally, if I lived in an apartment, I'd change the air filter every month and spray the filter with a mist of Lysol every now and then.

But....you are using common sense.  I don't think those apt. dwellers, have common sense.

Online libertybele

But....you are using common sense.  I don't think those apt. dwellers, have common sense.

True.  We have a very nasty virus out there; it's amazing how many people have to be told or reminded that they need to practice basic hygiene of washing their darn hands -- frequently.

Problem is right now Clorox and Lysol wipes are scarce as is Lysol spray and hand sanitizer, even bleach is scarce.

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of Lysol, here's a quick trivia question for you.  Without looking, what company makes Lysol?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I wash my counters with bleach then rinse several times, use Clorox wipes on door knobs, light switches, bathroom surfaces and I spray soft surfaces, furniture areas with a light mist of Lysol.  I do this in the morning and I leave the doors and windows open to air out the house.

I go and roll around in several varieties of literal crap every day. I am up to my elbows in grease and dirt and horse hair all the time Clorox is incidental, and probably a bad thing...

If you want to boost immunity let your dog lick your face.