Author Topic: DR. FAUCI BACKED WUHAN LAB RESEARCH? China studied bat coronavirus, but WHY is the media hiding it?  (Read 680 times)

Offline libertybele

DR. FAUCI BACKED WUHAN LAB RESEARCH? China studied bat coronavirus, but WHY is the media hiding it?

A new report from Newsweek details exactly what scientists were studying at the infectious disease lab in Wuhan, China when the coronavirus pandemic began. According to Newsweek, the National Institutes of Health gave over 7 million U.S. taxpayer dollars to fund a research initiative -- reportedly supported by Dr. Fauci -- that not only surveilled bat coronaviruses, but also used "gain of function" research to determine how easily those viruses could attach to human cells as well. But there's a reason why hundreds of scientists argue AGAINST gain of function research: all it takes is one leak to significantly increase the risk of a human pandemic...

https://www.glennbeck.com/radio/dr-fauci-backed-wuhan-lab-research-china-studied-bat-coronavirus-but-why-is-the-media-hiding-it
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Didn't know Fauci was behind that, I thought the money had been cut off in 2014 when the Nature article I have posted links to ad infinitum was published (actually in 2015 after the lab had been defunded).

This would mean we had been sending millions to China to do the research we would not do at home, with predictable results.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Apparently, the research was restarted in 2017.  Here is the article from Newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741

....Nevertheless, in 2014, under pressure from the Obama administration, the National of Institutes of Health instituted a moratorium on the work, suspending 21 studies.

Three years later, though—in December 2017—the NIH ended the moratorium and the second phase of the NIAID project, which included the gain-of-function research, began. The NIH established a framework for determining how the research would go forward: scientists have to get approval from a panel of experts, who would decide whether the risks were justified.

The reviews were indeed conducted—but in secret, for which the NIH has drawn criticism. In early 2019, after a reporter for Science magazine discovered that the NIH had approved two influenza research projects that used gain of function methods, scientists who oppose this kind of research excoriated the NIH in an editorial in the Washington Post.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

This information certainly adds a whole different perspective to things considering that the research restarted in 2017, which was the beginning of Trump's administration -- so naturally Fauci would be leading the 'team' of experts.

Offline Smokin Joe

This information certainly adds a whole different perspective to things considering that the research restarted in 2017, which was the beginning of Trump's administration -- so naturally Fauci would be leading the 'team' of experts.
I wonder if POTUS knew anything about it? (I'd bet he didn't.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

I wonder if POTUS knew anything about it? (I'd bet he didn't.)

Well .... I think that's debatable.  Odds are Trump did not know of Fauci or the study when he was sworn in -- but there is no denying that the 'research' resumed under his watch.  I would think he knows now and perhaps that's why Fauci isn't being allowed to report anymore.  To me it was obvious from the beginning that Fauci was a liberal.  Now it's obvious he was more interested in the 'research' than avoiding the pandemic that we're going through.

I don't trust Fauci or the DEMS in the least.

My hunch is Fauci knows exactly what happened; he's stated a couple of times its going to get much much worse and millions will die.   He also suggested that it would be several years before we could even possibly return to normal -- and he's the one that suggested we shouldn't shake hands anymore.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:41:47 pm by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

Well .... I think that's debatable.  Odds are Trump did not know of Fauci or the study when he was sworn in -- but there is no denying that the 'research' resumed under his watch.  I would think he knows now and perhaps that's why Fauci isn't being allowed to report anymore.  To me it was obvious from the beginning that Fauci was a liberal.  Now it's obvious he was more interested in the 'research' than avoiding the pandemic that we're going through.

I don't trust Fauci or the DEMS in the least.

My hunch is Fauci knows exactly what happened; he's stated a couple of times its going to get much much worse and millions will die.   He also suggested that it would be several years before we could even possibly return to normal -- and he's the one that suggested we shouldn't shake hands anymore.
IOW, he might not just be a deep state operative, he might be a Chinese 'sleeper' or a mole?

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

IOW, he might not just be a deep state operative, he might be a Chinese 'sleeper' or a mole?

Certainly a possibility -- he led the organization to work on "gain-of-function" research.  I've stated this in another thread, but it seems to me his interest lies more in research than preventing this pandemic:

..."But just last year, the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the organization led by Dr. Fauci, funded scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and other institutions for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses.

In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million.

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.
..."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:04:26 am by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

Certainly a possibility -- he led the organization to work on "gain-of-function" research.  I've stated this in another thread, but it seems to me his interest lies more in research than preventing this pandemic:

..."But just last year, the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the organization led by Dr. Fauci, funded scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and other institutions for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses.

In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million.

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.
..."
Apparently, this funding was administered from within the bureaucracy, either in NIAID, NIH,  or someone else...

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Apparently, this funding was administered from within the bureaucracy, either in NIAID, NIH,  or someone else...

Bill Gates. He supposedly funded woohan and he and Fauci know each other.
Gates old man was a pop control eugenicist freak.
Go very far into his support and participation using vaccines to sterilize (and other accusations) and the linkage might be plausible.

Offline libertybele

Yes, the point being that the headline is misleading as he didn't fund the research directly, but he however is the leader of that organization; the study was shutdown for a couple of years and then restarted -- under his leadership.  He certainly knew the risks of a pandemic if the research was to continue and yet moved forward with $$ allocated to the research in Wuhan.  I find it hard to believe that he wasn't made aware of the current situation when it happened.

He himself argued that the research was worth the risk it entailed because it enables scientists to make preparations, such as investigating possible anti-viral medications, that could be useful if and when a pandemic occurred.

Well...looks like Fauci got his wish.