Author Topic: Startling new COVID-19 death projections highlight challenges of reopening  (Read 701 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Startling new COVID-19 death projections highlight challenges of reopening
By Brett Samuels - 05/04/20 06:21 PM EDT

New internal projections from the Trump administration suggest U.S. deaths will grow on a daily basis to 3,000 by the beginning of June, weeks after states have begun reopening their economies.

The startling figures from models produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) come as more and more states take steps to remove social distancing measures meant to slow the spread of the COVID-19 disease.

Those measures have shuttered the economy, and raised pressure at the White House to turn the page on lockdowns that some in the administration view as a threat to President Trump’s reelection.

But lifting the measures could lead to more cases and will raise fears about a second wave from the virus.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/496063-startling-new-covid-19-death-projections-point-to-difficult
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

More chicken little 'projections'. The CDC has been wrong far more often than it has been right. Bring on the re-openings.

Offline libertybele

What to believe??  The ranges of projections are pretty wide and Dr. Birx is sticking with her projection of between 100,000 and 240,000 American lives lost, and "that's with full mitigation and us learning from each other of how to social distance.”  So taking her comment into consideration it seems that there will not be a back to normal until after this virus runs its course and a huge percentage of the population has died.

If I recall when Glenn Beck first started reporting on the Coronavirus and their findings after sending a researcher into China, the estimate was that 6% of the population would die.  So that would mean roughly 20,000,000 deaths in the U.S. alone.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Aren't these the same people who gave us the 3 Million dead numbers a couple months ago?  Why the literal Heck should I believe them?

People, especially those with the underlying issues, are going to be mindful of what it would take to protect themselves.  Anything the gummit does will suck, even if nothing changes.  A month or so ago, Mrs. Liberty and I already were "sheltering in place," because all the reasons we went out with people had cancelled.  But, along came the Gubner with an order to do what we were already doing, and that sort of pissed me off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
More chicken little 'projections'. The CDC has been wrong far more often than it has been right. Bring on the re-openings.
Right or wrong, the projected deaths from this do not justify the wholesale elimination of our freedoms and our ability to earn a living.

It is an illness. We can't fully control a virus. Viruses are natural disasters. So to order Americans to engage in self-destructive isolating behavior to stop something that cannot truly be stopped... it's not only just not right, it's not effective, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

If these doctors could either produce a treatment, vaccine, or single bit of advice that isn't discredited within 2 weeks ... I might be interested in what they have to say about social distancing.  What have they done, besides putting people on oxygen tanks?  And bitch about having to work around patients with a communicable disease?  I have not been impressed with our medical community during this pandemic. 

There is simply no alternative to reopening.  We are facing shortages in critical services due to work stoppages and bankruptcies.  This is a tough situation, but we had better take a rational approach or it's going to become a full on disaster.