Author Topic: Fact Check: Joe Biden Falsely Claims Assault Allegation Just Brought Up in 2020  (Read 254 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Nolte 4 May 2020

CLAIM: During his appearance last week on Morning Joe, presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden said of Tara Reade’s credible sexual assault allegation, “I don’t know why after 27 years all of a sudden this gets raised.”

VERDICT: False.

Tara Reade has accused Biden of sexually harassing and sexually assaulting her while she worked in his Senate office in 1993. According to Reade, Biden pinned her up against a wall, shoved his hands up her skirt and his fingers into her vagina. Reade also says she was fired in retaliation for filing a complaint about the harassment.

After the fake news media could no longer cover up for Biden any longer, the former vice president appeared on MSNBC’s Morning Joe — a left-wing, anti-Trump program — to deny any wrongdoing. One of the ways in which he sought to discredit Reade — his eighth accuser — was to question her motives with the repeated suggestion that she is only bringing up this allegation now to hurt his presidential bid.

On numerous occasions, Biden repeated the talking point, suggesting he’s being sucker-punched after 27 years:

I’m not going to question her motive. I’m not going to get into that at all. I don’t know why she’s saying this. I don’t know why after 27 years all of a sudden this gets raised. I don’t understand it. But I’m not going to go in and question her motive. I’m not going to attack her.

…

No one ever brought it to the attention of me 27 years ago.

…

It’s 27 years ago. This never happened, and when she first made the claim, we made it clear that it never happened, and that’s — it’s as simple as that.

…

I am absolutely positive that no one that I’m aware of ever has been made aware of any complaint, a formal complaint, made by — or a complaint by Tara Reade against me at the time this allegedly happened 27 years ago, or until I announced for pres— well, I guess it was in April or May of this year. I know of no one who’s aware that any complaint was made.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/04/fact-check-biden-falsely-claims-assault-allegation-just-brought-up-2020/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34