Author Topic: Coronavirus hasn’t killed the anti-vax movement  (Read 310 times)

Offline libertybele

Coronavirus hasn’t killed the anti-vax movement
« on: May 04, 2020, 12:09:59 pm »
A vaccine for the coronavirus is one that is being rushed through and countries are in 'competition' to see who can come up with the vaccine first.  IF China proclaims that they've come up with a vaccine, count me out.  Count me out for a vaccine for this period.  This is another way to control the masses and I see it to have a great potential to do more harm than good.

Coronavirus hasn’t killed the anti-vax movement

Around the world, millions of people are hoping for a vaccine to protect against Covid-19. Plenty of anti-vaxxers, though, are holding fast to their inoculation suspicions.

On May 1, the Freedom Angels Foundation, a group that opposes mandatory vaccines, led a protest of hundreds of people in Sacramento, California, demanding the end to the state’s lockdown restrictions. This group represents a branch of anti-vaccination protestors who emphasize individual autonomy and strongly resist government oversight. They use the same arguments rejecting mandatory vaccines to push back against the ongoing mandatory lockdowns.

“One of the things that we’re finding is that the rhetoric is pretty similar between the anti-vaxxers and those demanding to reopen,” Rupali Limaye, who studies vaccine hesitancy at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told the New York Times. “What we hear a lot of is ‘individual self management’—this idea that they should be in control of making decisions, that they can decide what science is correct and incorrect, and that they know what’s best for their child.”

Some anti-vaxxers have turned coronavirus into a tool to push conspiracy theories. “Make no mistake, the purpose of the coronavirus is to help usher in vaccine mandates,” anti-vaxxer Larry Cook, who has 50,000 YouTube subscribers, wrote on Facebook according to CBS. “Be woke. Know the Plan. Prepare. Resist.” Meanwhile, prominent anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree put forward arguments that the virus was created in a lab to profit the pharmaceutical industry on his radio show, The HighWire.

Celebrities amplify this cause. The world number one men’s tennis player, Novak Djokovic, said, “Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn’t want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel.” And Robert Kennedy Jr tweeted that a vaccine to prevent coronavirus would bring “unique and frightening dangers.”.............

https://qz.com/1850409/coronavirus-hasnt-killed-the-anti-vax-movement/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.