Author Topic: Deprivation of rights under color of law - U.S. Department of Justice  (Read 345 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States. (...) The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not sure where this nugget goes, but it basically invalidates any legal ability to enforce bans on "gatherings" because of the right to assemble.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not sure which category we'd put it in either, but it is a good reminder. I would expect freedom to worship and the RKBA should be included here as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :pondering:

@jmyrlefuller  Moved to National News.  This could be the subject of some vigorous discussion in the coming months as lawsuits start hitting the dockets.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:24:10 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Not sure where this nugget goes, but it basically invalidates any legal ability to enforce bans on "gatherings" because of the right to assemble.

Right. But not at the point-in-fact... That is more for litigation, and fat lawyers in libraries with overstuffed chairs.  :shrug:

Offline LegalAmerican

Ties into this video.  Some of my favorite guys.  The 4 "J"s. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1