Author Topic: Woman killed in alligator attack at South Carolina pond  (Read 496 times)

Offline mountaineer

Woman killed in alligator attack at South Carolina pond
« on: May 03, 2020, 01:27:35 pm »
Woman killed in alligator attack at South Carolina pond
Associated Press | Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:50 p.m.

KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. — Deputies in South Carolina shot and killed an alligator that fatally attacked a woman on Friday, authorities said.

The officers were called to a pond on Kiawah Island around 5 p.m. and saw the animal attack, the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office said.

The woman was dead.   ...
Rest of story

Mr. M and I played golf at Kiawah Island last year and saw a smallish (5' or so) alligator on the 18th fairway. Needless to say, we steered clear of it. :terror:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Woman killed in alligator attack at South Carolina pond
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:24:30 am »
 South Carolina woman did home manicure, tried to touch alligator before fatal attack
By Kenneth Garger
May 6, 2020 | 1:05am

The woman killed by an alligator in a South Carolina pond had just finished doing the homeowner’s nails and tried to touch the reptile before the attack, authorities said.

Cynthia Covert, 58, died Friday after venturing waist deep in a pond on Kiawah Island — a gated community outside of Charleston — to encounter the gator.  ...

When Covert saw the alligator, she took pictures of it before going off into the pond.  ...  NY Post

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:27:13 am »
South Carolina woman did home manicure, tried to touch alligator before fatal attack
By Kenneth Garger
May 6, 2020 | 1:05am

The woman killed by an alligator in a South Carolina pond had just finished doing the homeowner’s nails and tried to touch the reptile before the attack, authorities said.

Cynthia Covert, 58, died Friday after venturing waist deep in a pond on Kiawah Island — a gated community outside of Charleston — to encounter the gator.  ...

When Covert saw the alligator, she took pictures of it before going off into the pond.  ...  NY Post

She must have had COVID-19.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 11:30:29 am »
I guess it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to do a lady’s nails.  Ooh, an alligator! Think I’ll go take a selfie.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 11:33:42 am »
I'm guessing wine was a factor in her decision to pet the gator.