Author Topic: OH NO!!!!  (Read 2515 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: OH NO!!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 03:24:07 am »
:laugh:

I'm still trying to work up the nerve to make a Ramen Omelet.

Made one of them the other day out of the chicken one. with corn and broccoli and breakfast sausage all worried up in there... With a splash of siracha... Turns out it needs ketchup too, but that's a fine line that I stepped over.

I don't know why you have such trepidation... brings me to mind of brains and eggs with angel hair spaghetti noodles. It's kinda like that, but with spice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 03:27:51 am »
Made one of them the other day out of the chicken one. with corn and broccoli and breakfast sausage all worried up in there... With a splash of siracha... Turns out it needs ketchup too, but that's a fine line that I stepped over.

I don't know why you have such trepidation... brings me to mind of brains and eggs with angel hair spaghetti noodles. It's kinda like that, but with spice.

It sounds great, but I usually don't put much effort into breakfast these days....I'd do a three-egger with Beef.  I'd throw in some sausage and sharp cheddar.  Maybe a splash of Tabasco.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 03:32:47 am »
It sounds great, but I usually don't put much effort into breakfast these days....I'd do a three-egger with Beef.  I'd throw in some sausage and sharp cheddar.  Maybe a splash of Tabasco.

It's pretty much a 4 egg thing to get the noodle to egg ratio right. But the rest is spot on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 03:38:07 am »
Girl Scout cookies are made by two different companies, distributed by region after boxing them in the familiar everywhere packages. 

https://www.wideopeneats.com/girl-scouts-cookies-map/

According to the map at the link, you probably get different cookies than I do, and people say they can tell the difference.  My faves are the Shortbread Trefoils that nobody ever seems to get.  The simplest cookie.
I like shortbread cookies, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 03:39:04 am »
I find that sriracha is slowly replacing tabasco here...
A strange thing. The sriracha sits right next to the Franks in the fridge, and I will normally choose the former anymore. Weird as hell. I put Franks on everything as long as I can remember...

The Sriracha just seems to have a fresher taste on the tongue.
I dunno. Something.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2020, 03:42:00 am »
A strange thing. The sriracha sits right next to the Franks in the fridge, and I will normally choose the former anymore. Weird as hell. I put Franks on everything as long as I can remember...

I dunno. Something.
I have been using the "rooster sauce" (for the rooster on the bottle) instead of Tabasco, and I used to use Tabasco like some folks use ketchup.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 03:56:31 am »
I have been using the "rooster sauce" (for the rooster on the bottle) instead of Tabasco, and I used to use Tabasco like some folks use ketchup.

Try Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce. You use this stuff by the drop. About 1 or 2 drops per gallon. I bought two 4 once bottles about 5 years ago an' i still have 1 1/4 bottles left.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 04:04:34 am »

I dunno. Something.

I've tried the Rooster, and I just didn't care for it.  I gave the bottle away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2020, 04:10:19 am »

yep... Rooster sauce... Helluva lot easier to say than Sriracha... Which I dunno how the hell to say... Winds up SEE ra cha... Always though it to be texmex still hard for me to line  it up as asian. Maybe that's why. Always spell it siracha too. Looks right, but the spell check has a hissy  :shrug:

Same thing. I got franks in the big jug, and usually go through it pretty quick. But heck, it's been in there for months and ain't a quarter gone. And I done two of the other since then.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2020, 04:13:16 am »
I've tried the Rooster, and I just didn't care for it.  I gave the bottle away.

It grew on me, it did.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2020, 04:23:26 am »
yep... Rooster sauce... Helluva lot easier to say than Sriracha... Which I dunno how the hell to say... Winds up SEE ra cha... Always though it to be texmex still hard for me to line  it up as asian. Maybe that's why. Always spell it siracha too. Looks right, but the spell check has a hissy  :shrug:

Same thing. I got franks in the big jug, and usually go through it pretty quick. But heck, it's been in there for months and ain't a quarter gone. And I done two of the other since then.
Yeah, the Vietnamese fellow (now American) who started making it and sold the first bottles out of the back of his car named it after the boat he escaped from the Communists on. It's a true American capitalist success story.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2020, 04:25:48 am »
It grew on me, it did.
I preferred Tabasco for a long time, until I noticed the depth of the rooster sauce, more like a cocktail sauce, but good on most anything. I'm not in it just for heat, but for flavor, too.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2020, 04:28:37 am »
I preferred Tabasco for a long time, until I noticed the depth of the rooster sauce, more like a cocktail sauce, but good on most anything. I'm not in it just for heat, but for flavor, too.

That's right... A fresher, more complex tone. Something like that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2020, 04:33:42 am »
Yeah, the Vietnamese fellow (now American) who started making it and sold the first bottles out of the back of his car named it after the boat he escaped from the Communists on. It's a true American capitalist success story.

A story complete with neighbors bitching about the smell of the place, certain times of the year, to the point the City shut them down for a bit.  They almost moved out of the city, just to stay in business.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2020, 04:36:29 am »

I'm in it for the Capsaicin.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2020, 04:43:26 am »
I'm in it for the Capsaicin.

Heat is good, but only to a point. When the heat get so bad I can't taste it anymore because of the heat, there ain't no point. But I like some sweat on the forehead, and a little nose running...

Something right around Habaneros - I can use em. but not too many. Poblanos, jalapenos, it's all good. Habaneros... getting touchy... much more than that I ain't drawn to.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:44:56 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2020, 04:56:38 am »
Heat is good, but only to a point. When the heat get so bad I can't taste it anymore because of the heat, there ain't no point. But I like some sweat on the forehead, and a little nose running...

Something right around Habaneros - I can use em. but not too many. Poblanos, jalapenos, it's all good. Habaneros... getting touchy... much more than that I ain't drawn to.
I sliced, dried, and crushed my last little crop of habaneros. (wear a glove, because if you dummy up and rub your eye, you'll swear you won't do that again.)
Great seasoning. (use the powder sparingly, it sneaks up on you)
Tried growing ghost peppers, but didn't get enough out of it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:57:43 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2020, 05:11:38 am »
I sliced, dried, and crushed my last little crop of habaneros. (wear a glove, because if you dummy up and rub your eye, you'll swear you won't do that again.)

:silly:
Wash em out with carburetor cleaner. That'll help!  :beer:

Great seasoning. (use the powder sparingly, it sneaks up on you)
Tried growing ghost peppers, but didn't get enough out of it.

Where habaneros are concerned... in a pot of chili, one is no problem two or three, getting dicey. Four... Nope.

Pretty much if the dog won't eat it neither will I...
If the dog WILL eat it, well that can be a good indicator, but not always (he eats cat poop after all).
But if he won't eat it then it's not for me.

And if I pitched 4 habanero chili in a pile in the yard, it would still be a pile in the yard a week later. He flat would not touch it. And neither would the skunks, coons, cats, yotes, etc. Muy malo. Not for me.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2020, 07:52:00 am »
:silly:
Wash em out with carburetor cleaner. That'll help!  :beer:

Where habaneros are concerned... in a pot of chili, one is no problem two or three, getting dicey. Four... Nope.

Pretty much if the dog won't eat it neither will I...
If the dog WILL eat it, well that can be a good indicator, but not always (he eats cat poop after all).
But if he won't eat it then it's not for me.

And if I pitched 4 habanero chili in a pile in the yard, it would still be a pile in the yard a week later. He flat would not touch it. And neither would the skunks, coons, cats, yotes, etc. Muy malo. Not for me.
What you describe has been discussed. I've read documentation about it.
Humans are the only know species of mammal/animal that deliberately eats a food which they know will cause pain.
Obviously before freezers and fridge, spices were used primarily to cover spoiled meat and spoiled food.
However, some authors have postulated that in meager food stores, the pepper would give a filling feeling after eating.
That is to say, even if you eat only a cup of very spicy food, your body and your brain knows you just ate something.
And theoretically that is comforting to your being.

Yea but, back to your point, wild animals will not touch it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2020, 08:15:36 am »
What you describe has been discussed. I've read documentation about it.
Humans are the only know species of mammal/animal that deliberately eats a food which they know will cause pain.
Obviously before freezers and fridge, spices were used primarily to cover spoiled meat and spoiled food.
However, some authors have postulated that in meager food stores, the pepper would give a filling feeling after eating.
That is to say, even if you eat only a cup of very spicy food, your body and your brain knows you just ate something.
And theoretically that is comforting to your being.

Yea but, back to your point, wild animals will not touch it.

There is something to that... My last Near Missus said something like that, and practiced it...
She said the secret to eating less was in feeling satisfied by what you DO eat... Hence, taking the time to fix really good food, and jacking up the taste value(s) had a tendency to make it stick in your head as satiation.

That ain't all of it of course, as she also balanced protein with sweets and fats and other such things.

But I found she had a proper point. A peppery or mustardy tang tends to resonate and reside longer on the tongue, giving the illusion at least that you've recently eaten say a half an hour longer.

And there is something in the food quality thing too - If you stop off at Mickey D's for a quick instant satisfaction gut bomb, you'll find you are up looking for a snack in an hour or two...

But relatively the same amount of a nice spaghetti that you've taken great care in preparing, and smelled cooking half the day, till you are nearly nuts to het it on your plate.... The satisfaction of that meal will last all night...

Alright so there is that slice of apple pie in the fridge that you remember around 11pm... but you get my meaning. You don't NEED the pie... Well yeah, maybe you DO NEED the pie... but you REALLY don't need the pie. And THAT's the difference. Sorta.