Author Topic: OH NO!!!!  (Read 2582 times)

Offline mortarman

OH NO!!!!
« on: May 02, 2020, 05:51:46 pm »
I jus' pulled the last box of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies out of my freezer. Now it's a crisis.
 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: OH NO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 06:09:56 pm »
I must admit you are pretty good at click bait.   22222frying pan

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:20:07 pm »
I jus' pulled the last box of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies out of my freezer. Now it's a crisis.
 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

:pop41:

Dollar General has a fascsimile that is 95% as good. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:01:16 pm »
Dollar General has a fascsimile that is 95% as good.

Yeah... Over to the Albertson's they have them caramel coconut ones... Same dang thing as the girl scout kind... Same dang thing as Keebler... for a buck fitty.

Found that out, bought four boxes, and ate em all in  one night.

Gotta stay out of them things.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 07:09:15 pm »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 08:43:00 pm »
Don't know if this is still valid or if there are Aldis out your way.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22737006/aldi-copycat-girl-scout-cookies/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 10:49:41 am »
I like those chocolate coconut cookies.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 07:26:04 pm »
I like those chocolate coconut cookies.
Samoas? Oh wait didn't they change the name because maybe it might offend some Pacific islanders? Both Keebler and Wally's have versions that are good and a damn site cheaper than Girls Scouts.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:27:10 pm by GtHawk »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 07:49:33 pm »
OK, here I go..Not being P.C. and blunt, telling the truth.

DON'T PEOPLE BAKE COOKIES ANYMORE?

A simple, no bake, oatmeal, chocolate, peanut butter cookies?  One could add coconut.
One could use almond butter, instead of peanut butter.  Add MORE chocolate or not. Takes care of that sweet tooth.

(I also bake chocolate chip cookies, many others, and can make them gluten free.)   NOT bragging,  just giving ideas. No one has a pioneer spirit? 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 07:54:54 pm »

A simple, no bake, oatmeal, chocolate, peanut butter cookies?  One could add coconut.
One could use almond butter, instead of peanut butter.  Add MORE chocolate or not. Takes care of that sweet tooth.

(I also bake chocolate chip cookies, many others, and can make them gluten free.)   NOT bragging,  just giving ideas. No one has a pioneer spirit?
The challenge I have is baking them fast than they get eaten..... easier to buy them

Online GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 08:12:03 pm »

Of course people bake but sometimes it's easier or more expedient, we don't have kids at home any more(for decades) and don't need a boatload of cookies around and sometimes it's just easier to go buy the samoas or thin mint cookies for an occasional craving than the time and mess of trying to bake them.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 08:20:05 pm »
Of course people bake but sometimes it's easier or more expedient, we don't have kids at home any more(for decades) and don't need a boatload of cookies around and sometimes it's just easier to go buy the samoas or thin mint cookies for an occasional craving than the time and mess of trying to bake them.

I understand that.  So, when I get into a baking mood, after the cookies have cooled, I just them in sandwich bags. About 4 or 5 fit. Put them in the freezer, in these little bags.  Then, when I have a craving, I get my bag of cookies. Of course, I like baking.  You just reminded me, I have some homemade biscotti, in my cookie jar!  I made 2 kinds.  Lemon, then pistachios / apricot . Looks like Christmas with the red ish & green look.  Cheers.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 08:54:42 pm »

Yep. I have the Nestle's Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe permanently in my head. A once a week staple around here (grandkid bait)... Also do peanut butter cookies, magic cookies, and oatmeal-raisin, though the oatmeal-raisin is terribly substandard (workin on that)... Brownies and cakes too, but that's more Betty Crocker than me.

As a matter of fact, our current dilemma has put sourdough back on my short list. I love sourdough bread, and biscuits, but the commitment is crazy... Or it was crazy when bread was plentiful and dirt cheap. Why play nursemaid to a starter when I can get my whole month supply of bread products from the Franz outlet store for about 20 bucks?

One of the things I couldn't get at for a long while here was bread and flour, and being springtime, my stores were low... I flat run out of store bought bread, and I cracked my last 10 pounder in flour and was pretty much down to cornmeal. FRIGGIN out. I was fixin to take oats out of our animal feed and husk em to get at the berries and grind my own. How crazy is that?

Maybe not so crazy after all. I have a good starter fired back up, and I have increased my flour inventory... and there is now a grinder sitting on a shelf out in the mud room. I will play nursemaid to that dang starter, and like it. I won't be caught out like that again.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 09:43:41 pm »
Yeah... Over to the Albertson's they have them caramel coconut ones... Same dang thing as the girl scout kind... Same dang thing as Keebler... for a buck fitty.

Found that out, bought four boxes, and ate em all in  one night.

Gotta stay out of them things.
Oh, SNAP!

I wish you hadn't told me that...we have an Albertson's...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 09:58:42 pm »
Oh, SNAP!

I wish you hadn't told me that...we have an Albertson's...

Yeah... It's their store brand...  clear wrapper with somethin purpley on it... :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 11:02:31 pm »
Yeah... It's their store brand...  clear wrapper with somethin purpley on it... :whistle:
Thanks. I won't buy GS cookies, because the local troop only gets something like 10-20% of that--which means the rest of the profit goes to support people in alignment with leftist causes I wouldn't want any young lady to align with.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 12:19:07 am »
Thanks. I won't buy GS cookies, because the local troop only gets something like 10-20% of that--which means the rest of the profit goes to support people in alignment with leftist causes I wouldn't want any young lady to align with.

Yep. I get that. I no longer support the Scouts of either(any?) gender.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 02:39:43 am »
Yep. I get that. I no longer support the Scouts of either(any?) gender.
Sad to say, I am in the same boat. When the homonazis set up the BSA for lawsuits over alleged (and maybe real) assaults, I stopped supporting the organization.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 02:46:15 am »
Sad to say, I am in the same boat. When the homonazis set up the BSA for lawsuits over alleged (and maybe real) assaults, I stopped supporting the organization.

YEP. It is now for teaching boys to be homos. Not the sort of thing I spend my money for. I guess I am just funny that way..  :shrug: :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 02:47:38 am »
YEP. It is now for teaching boys to be homos. Not the sort of thing I spend my money for. I guess I am just funny that way..  :shrug: :whistle:
Well, I'd rather be funny that way (about the money) than the other... :terror:

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 03:26:25 pm »
We don't have an Albertsons here butt we do have an Aldi's in Tomah (about 20 miles away). I stopped in the Family Dollar butt didn't see any of their store brand thin mint cookies. Will try Dollar Tree though.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:23 am »
We don't have an Albertsons here butt we do have an Aldi's in Tomah (about 20 miles away). I stopped in the Family Dollar butt didn't see any of their store brand thin mint cookies. Will try Dollar Tree though.

I am pretty sure the GS cookies are just reboxed Keebler.
And I am pretty sire the Albertson's store brand are too.
So go find the Keebler ones... still gonna pay half of what you would to the GS.

I just have a frugality bone messin with me. I won't pay what Keebler wants. I can just walk on by.
But the store brand caught my eye with the price tag, which I WOULD pay... and off I went.

DIABEETUS.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 02:05:58 am »
I am pretty sure the GS cookies are just reboxed Keebler.
And I am pretty sire the Albertson's store brand are too.
So go find the Keebler ones... still gonna pay half of what you would to the GS.

I just have a frugality bone messin with me. I won't pay what Keebler wants. I can just walk on by.
But the store brand caught my eye with the price tag, which I WOULD pay... and off I went.

DIABEETUS.  :shrug:

Girl Scout cookies are made by two different companies, distributed by region after boxing them in the familiar everywhere packages. 

https://www.wideopeneats.com/girl-scouts-cookies-map/

According to the map at the link, you probably get different cookies than I do, and people say they can tell the difference.  My faves are the Shortbread Trefoils that nobody ever seems to get.  The simplest cookie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 02:49:20 am »
Girl Scout cookies are made by two different companies, distributed by region after boxing them in the familiar everywhere packages. 

https://www.wideopeneats.com/girl-scouts-cookies-map/

According to the map at the link, you probably get different cookies than I do, and people say they can tell the difference.  My faves are the Shortbread Trefoils that nobody ever seems to get.  The simplest cookie.

Well go figger. I stand corrected. Yep, they are Samoas out here.
But I can't tell the difference between them, the Keebler Coconut Dreams, and the Albertson's Signature brand ... but then, perhaps I have a forgiving palate.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11:12 am »
Well go figger. I stand corrected. Yep, they are Samoas out here.
But I can't tell the difference between them, the Keebler Coconut Dreams, and the Albertson's Signature brand ... but then, perhaps I have a forgiving palate.  :shrug:

:laugh:

I'm still trying to work up the nerve to make a Ramen Omelet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: