Author Topic: Wind & Solar ‘Industries’ Crushed By COVID-19  (Read 688 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watts Up With That by  Ronald Stein Ambassador for Energy & Infrastructure, Irvine, California 5/2/2020

The only good news about the COVID-19 social change impacts on our lifestyles is that the travel bans, and lockdowns have cleaned the globe flushing the murk from Venice’s canals and we have seen cleaner air worldwide.

Seeking to cash in on America’s response to the coronavirus crisis its wind and solar power outfits tried to snare $billions out of the Trump administration’s $2 trillion coronavirus aid package. But to no avail. Congress is likely to continue to focus on injection of broad economic aid to workers and small businesses. The massive and endless subsidies for wind and solar electricity are likely to be put off until later legislation.

Far from being “essential”, heavily subsidized, and chaotically intermittent wind and solar, and the fleeting jobs those industries create, are starting to look like wasteful luxuries that mega economies like that in Germany, Australia, and America can ill afford.

More: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/02/wind-solar-industries-crushed-by-covid-19/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Wind & Solar ‘Industries’ Crushed By COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24:36 pm »

Wind & Solar ‘Industries’ Crushed By COVID-19

Out of all this pandemic bad news, comes an occasional sliver of good.  Never would have guessed this enviro-whacko scam would be gut punched by a virus.

My birds at my feeders and baths are happy for their brethren.  May every one of these bladed killers all rust and crumble. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 02:35:32 pm »
 :03:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:39:11 pm »
I really don't get why the Republican party demonizes Solar and Wind.  It has enabled people off grid to have energy when they wouldn't have.  Many cabins outside city and county rely on this type of energy.  Many people even use it as their sole source of energy.  My neighbors moved to Arizona and they are fully solar.  They don't have to be enslaved to the power company.

Solar is in so many products now.  Path lighting, runs pumps and allows people to travel with solar on their motorhomes and vans.  I have some solar spikes to drive away moles in my yard.  And I am getting ready to make use of small charge controller to run some of my outdoor features.  Its a fact of life now.  Why demonize it?

And while I don't buy into the environmentalist religion of the world is going to end...……..,,,,Henny Penny there is no reason why we shouldn't go clean if we are able. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:42:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 07:56:06 pm »
Supplying your own power "Off Grid" with Solar and Wind is totally different than Solar and Wind not having to compete on a level playing field with hydro, nuclear, natural gas, coal and thermo.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 08:53:28 pm »
Supplying your own power "Off Grid" with Solar and Wind is totally different than Solar and Wind not having to compete on a level playing field with hydro, nuclear, natural gas, coal and thermo.

Exactly.  The problem conservatives have with the "green energy" bullshit is the government subsidies, not the utility and practical applications.

Conservatives understand this instinctively, leftists do not understand it at all.  Leftists don't even care that wind farms have devastated the Raptors, and the desert solar voltaic farms have killed off desert tortoises.  I've never had to explain to a conservative what's wrong with the whole concept of government funding of what should be private venture.  Leftists ask questions like, "I really don't get why the Republican party demonizes Solar and Wind," with no intention of understanding the reason why.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 09:28:42 pm »
I really don't get why the Republican party demonizes Solar and Wind.  It has enabled people off grid to have energy when they wouldn't have.  Many cabins outside city and county rely on this type of energy.  Many people even use it as their sole source of energy.  My neighbors moved to Arizona and they are fully solar.  They don't have to be enslaved to the power company.

Solar is in so many products now.  Path lighting, runs pumps and allows people to travel with solar on their motorhomes and vans.  I have some solar spikes to drive away moles in my yard.  And I am getting ready to make use of small charge controller to run some of my outdoor features.  Its a fact of life now.  Why demonize it?

And while I don't buy into the environmentalist religion of the world is going to end...……..,,,,Henny Penny there is no reason why we shouldn't go clean if we are able.

@Chosen Daughter

Big difference in those little solar chatchkes that are in the yard...  (They are quaint, and we have a few.), vs the taxpayer subsidized bullshit  given to those big solar cells and those bird killing turbine monstrosities that you are seeing popping up everywhere.

You don't think there is big long term disposal issues associated with the hardware off this crap?  And all that entails?  Including efficiency vs. cost?  How about the half million to million birds killed annually, plus in many cases thousands in the  raptor species?

If you believe the "Go Clean" Scam the enviro-whackos have fed you on these devices....  Well, why don't we do it on your dime?

(and btw... not trying to be overconfrontational, just a hot button issue that gets my blood boiling)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:01:44 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 09:57:07 pm »
Energy derived from wood, coal, gas and oil or electricity and nuclear;
were options developed through the creativity of free markets.
In direct contrast, solar and wind are hustles of the left, to seduce and
control markets and ultimately Man.
Anyone labeling themselves conservative, who supports the latter,
doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 01:11:50 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Big difference in those little solar chatchkes that are in the yard...  (They are quaint, and we have a few.), vs the taxpayer subsidized bullshit  given to those big solar cells and those bird killing turbine monstrosities that you are seeing popping up everywhere.

You don't think there is big long term disposal issues associated with the hardware off this crap?  And all that entails?  Including efficiency vs. cost?  How about the half million to million birds killed annually, plus in many cases thousands in the  raptor species?

If you believe the "Go Clean" Scam the enviro-whackos have fed you on these devices....  Well, why don't we do it on your dime?

(and btw... not trying to be overconfrontational, just a hot button issue that gets my blood boiling)

No, I appreciate your honesty.  I am all for citizens using solar power on their homes, cabins and garages.  I think its a great thing actually. I agree that the big turbines are horrible for the birds.  We have them in Washington.  I am very much a bird lover.   

What is funny though is that I remember when Ted Kennedy was on the warpath over the wind farm they wanted to put offshore in Massachusetts.  I think he didn't want to look at them. 

https://indyeastend.com/news-opinion/kennedys-used-their-power-to-kill-wind-farm/

I sure don't have any problem though with people providing their own power.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 01:26:21 am »
No, I appreciate your honesty.  I am all for citizens using solar power on their homes, cabins and garages.  I think its a great thing actually. I agree that the big turbines are horrible for the birds.  We have them in Washington.  I am very much a bird lover.   

What is funny though is that I remember when Ted Kennedy was on the warpath over the wind farm they wanted to put offshore in Massachusetts.  I think he didn't want to look at them. 

https://indyeastend.com/news-opinion/kennedys-used-their-power-to-kill-wind-farm/

I sure don't have any problem though with people providing their own power.

That's where I am on this, which is why you won't hear me demonize wind or solar.  I just don't think we should throw Billions of taxpayer dollars at O'Bastard buddies Solyndra et al.  Heck, I have a bunch of spotlights on the Castle that are solar.  It's not because it's Green and Cool, it's because I'm too lazy to run a wire.  Makes the place look spiffy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 01:36:47 am »
That's where I am on this, which is why you won't hear me demonize wind or solar.  I just don't think we should throw Billions of taxpayer dollars at O'Bastard buddies Solyndra et al.  Heck, I have a bunch of spotlights on the Castle that are solar.  It's not because it's Green and Cool, it's because I'm too lazy to run a wire.  Makes the place look spiffy.

:thumbsup:  Everyone should have been outraged about Solyndra.  They should be equally outraged at PPP for abuses also.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:37:55 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 04:30:17 am »
:thumbsup:  Everyone should have been outraged about Solyndra.  They should be equally outraged at PPP for abuses also.

We will see...in the fullness of time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 04:57:39 am »

The solar that lights your sidewalk at night ...

...is nothing like the huge mirror farms or arrays that take up huge desert areas and have been known to cook transiting birds mid-flight.

Nor are those pioneer windmills that pumped water for the stock pond or generate electricity for a remote homestead ...

anything like the windmills with the 100+ ft. blades that routinely shred birds that would be protected.

At the same time windmills were shredding eagles, rigorous and extensive inspections by Federal Agencies found a total of six dead birds in thousands of wastewater holding pits in the oil patch in my state, and while the agency wanted to jail many more people, including oil Company CEOs, than there were birds and levy ludicrous (6-7 figure) fines, even though no one knew how the birds got in the pits nor their cause of death, at the same time hundreds, if not thousands of birds, including raptors and federally protected birds were shredded by windfarms with nary a peep.

Now, supposedly, these grant & guaranteed loan eating monsters are environmentally friendly because they don't consume fossil fuels while in operation, but no one factors in construction, transportation, erection, nor dismantling and disposal of components or windmills at the end of their service life.

In short, it is hypocrisy, writ large, not saving the planet, and the checks are commonly issued at the US Treasury with our money.

Having had a 40+year career in the oil industry, like the coal miners who were put out of work, I really don't like being forced via the taxman to support an industry in competition with my own, especially when it can't compete, and doesn't have to go by the same rules.

I'm not saying there isn't a time nor a place where these technologies are appropriate.
I am saying that considerable corruption has surrounded their funding from the public coffers, something that should not have happened for a commercial venture, which should compete in the marketplace on its own merits and not subsidies from the public coffers and by ignoring th laws everyone else has to go by.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 07:29:29 am »
No disrespect to any Earth-Firster-Briefers, if there is such a thing, but the most beautiful thing you can make from a Truffula tree is a Thneed, and the most beautiful thing you can make out of a Truffula tree forest is a clear cut forest.  Those giant wind turbines kill more Swomee-Swans than the smogulous smoke my factories belch out, they're ugly, and they say the sound they emit causes cancer.

Some people are correctly pointing out PPP is being misused, but it ain't being misused by the already heavily subsidized, media protected, wind and solar companies.  So good on the Trump administration for recognizing they ain't essential.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 05:01:43 pm »
No disrespect to any Earth-Firster-Briefers, if there is such a thing, but the most beautiful thing you can make from a Truffula tree is a Thneed, and the most beautiful thing you can make out of a Truffula tree forest is a clear cut forest.  Those giant wind turbines kill more Swomee-Swans than the smogulous smoke my factories belch out, they're ugly, and they say the sound they emit causes cancer.

Some people are correctly pointing out PPP is being misused, but it ain't being misused by the already heavily subsidized, media protected, wind and solar companies.  So good on the Trump administration for recognizing they ain't essential.
I am amazed at the Gaia worshipers demand for 'Green' solar and wind energy that destroys tens of thousands of Raptors and other protected fowl each year(NOT directed at ANYONE here, if it was you or I we would be fined into oblivion and imprisoned for years, but the 'green' companies sucking at the public teat get not just a pass but praise. Along with protected fowl the wind farms also take a serious toll on our night wing pollinators the bats. And leave us not forget those wonderful 'green' solar farms that roast tens of thousand of birds a year. Also the solar farms get to built on land that we the people are forbidden to use and enjoy because, and this is really funny, it is the home of protected species like the desert tortoise and some ridiculous offshoot rat barely distinguishable from others in the genus(in California, I know GD California......said it for ya). Now people aren't allowed to ride dirt bikes or dune buggies in the same areas because it will disturb or harm the habitat but the 'green' solar industry can build on acres and acres and acres of the habitat rendering it unusable to those same protected species!

I would like to be told of just one of these 'green' energy companies that is not a blood sucker on the American taxpayer and able to not just survive but be profitable on it's own. So far all I have heard is that have cause an increase in peoples electric bills because of one sided supply contracts. So if there are stand alone successes, not little municipal projects, I would be interested in knowing about them.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/188328-californias-new-solar-power-plant-is-actually-a-death-ray-thats-incinerating-birds-mid-flight