Author Topic: Live Thread: May 3rd: President Trump town hall 'America Together: Returning to Work' 7:00 PM ET  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
   Who should I call if my Trump erection lasts for more than 4 hours, I forgot.
Call CNN. They've had a hard-on for him since 2015 and could probably give you a few pointers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

President quickly, rapidly side-stepping question of couple who own company with no employees -- how are they going to get relief?
Sole proprietors (the seed of something larger) always end up falling through cracks or sucking hind teat when dealing with the FedGov.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Trump being unhinged tonight has nothing to do with leftist bias.  Point I was making is normally he does very well with answering questions -- he was rattled tonight, so much that it seemed he was going to lose it -- Pence even looked a bit concerned and Bret, though a leftist, even tried to politely put him back on track, which I give him credit.
He's likely danged tired. He's had to fight the Impeachment, and now this, and being blamed for , well, getting a lot right, and the rest for acting on the advice of advisors I would not say are that trustworthy. CDC made a real mess of this, and likely he'll get some of the heat for that, too.
The responsibility for this is huge, and being blamed for the deaths of tens of thousands when those numbers may be inflated, when the leadership which held sway over those jurisdictions made a lot of bad choices, and having dealt with a Media full of gotcha questions and BS when he should have had a Media more intent on getting real information to the American people instead of provoking panic and pointing fingers (rarely at China, or WHO, or CDC, but at POTUS.  He can't even justify it for the paycheck because he has been donating his pay back to the treasury or agencies which need the money.

What a thankless >bleep< job.

I'm praying for him, too, for God's guidance, his health, and a break from the partisan BS.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:06:31 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News town hall with Trump at Lincoln Memorial draws 3.8 million viewers

Nearly 4 million viewers watched the Fox News virtual town hall with President Trump, which was broadcast from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., on Sunday night.

It was the second most-watched town hall in cable news history.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/496028-fox-news-town-hall-with-trump-at-lincoln-memorial-draws-38-million-viewers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

He's likely danged tired. He's had to fight the Impeachment, and now this, and being blamed for , well, getting a lot right, and the rest for acting on the advice of advisors I would not say are that trustworthy. CDC made a real mess of this, and likely he'll get some of the heat for that, too.
The responsibility for this is huge, and being blamed for the deaths of tens of thousands when those numbers may be inflated, when the leadership which held sway over those jurisdictions made a lot of bad choices, and having dealt with a Media full of gotcha questions and BS when he should have had a Media more intent on getting real information to the American people instead of provoking panic and pointing fingers (rarely at China, or WHO, or CDC, but at POTUS.  He can't even justify it for the paycheck because he has been donating his pay back to the treasury or agencies which need the money.

What a thankless >bleep< job.

I'm praying for him, too, for God's guidance, his health, and a break from the partisan BS.

Thank you. I love reading correct & smart posts.  Amen.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fox News town hall with Trump at Lincoln Memorial draws 3.8 million viewers

Nearly 4 million viewers watched the Fox News virtual town hall with President Trump, which was broadcast from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., on Sunday night.

It was the second most-watched town hall in cable news history.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/496028-fox-news-town-hall-with-trump-at-lincoln-memorial-draws-38-million-viewers

FTA:

The highest-rated town hall in cable news history came March 5, which also was hosted by Fox News featuring Trump.