Author Topic: Arkansas Men Arrested for Taking Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Bulletproof Vest After Drin  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Arkansas Men Arrested for Taking Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Bulletproof Vest After Drinking

https://www.newsweek.com/charles-eugene-ferris-christopher-hicks-rogers-arkansas-bulletproof-vest-1384395

Two men were arrested in Arkansas this week after allegedly taking turns shooting each other while wearing a bulletproof vest, a police report has said.

Charles Eugene Ferris, age 50, and Christopher Hicks, age 36, were detained on Monday after the incident, which took place on Sunday and left one neighbor alarmed. Details of the case were inside an arrest affidavit obtained by the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

According to the affidavit, a deputy with the Benton County Sheriff's Office first interviewed Ferris after he was admitted to hospital late Sunday night. The man reportedly had a red spot on his upper chest but tried to concoct an elaborate cover story for the injury, police said.

They were standing over 6 feet away from each other...practicing social distancing. 
What are we?  Russia?

Offline Idiot

Arkansas Men Arrested for Taking Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Bulletproof Vest After Drinking

https://www.newsweek.com/charles-eugene-ferris-christopher-hicks-rogers-arkansas-bulletproof-vest-1384395

They were standing over 6 feet away from each other...practicing social distancing. 
What are we?  Russia?
Glad it wasn't a head shot....lol.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Curious.  What is the charge?  Leaving a neighbor alarmed? 

Maybe reckless endangerment?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

What are we?  Russia?

I know right?

Offline EdinVA

Watch this... hold my beer... lol

Offline PeteS in CA

They used a .22 rifle. I suspect that had a .223 or 5.56 mm rifle been used the result might have been more injurious.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mortarman

They obviously watched the movie Kickass.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How did this not go into Ridiculous News Of The Day? If you have two  drunk people that both say hold my beer at the same time does it act as multiplier of stupidity? The apparent answer is a resounding yes.

Online Hoodat

Arkansas, eh?  Were they on meth?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Curious.  What is the charge?  Leaving a neighbor alarmed? 

Maybe reckless endangerment?

They were arrested for "suspicion of Aggravated Assault" and released on bond.  Story says they lived in a city, so there may be an ordinance violation for the ordnance?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sure these weren't men from Florida.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mortarman

Though they prolly would deserve it, since they were wearing bulletproof vests, I don't think they will be getting the Darwin Award for this.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They were arrested for "suspicion of Aggravated Assault" and released on bond.  Story says they lived in a city, so there may be an ordinance violation for the ordnance?
Discharge of a firearm...

...within city limits.
...within X feet of an inhabited building/dwelling.
might be the most common ordinances violated.
 :shrug:
It is definitely time to shut down the lockdown when people get so bored this is all they can think of to do.... :whistle:

(Thank God I quit drinking, is all I can say....) :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Sure these weren't men from Florida.
Very first thing that crossed my mind.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Glad it wasn't a head shot....lol.
Confession time, many years ago we used to have pellet gun wars. 3 pump rule, until you got hit and then all bets were off.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Slide Rule

Arkansas Men Arrested for Taking Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Bulletproof Vests After Drinking

By Jason Murdock on 4/3/19 at 5:29 AM EDT

That is April 2019.  Last year.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Arkansas Men Arrested for Taking Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Bulletproof Vests After Drinking

By Jason Murdock on 4/3/19 at 5:29 AM EDT

That is April 2019.  Last year.
It's interesting that if you clickbait on the newsweak link it presents the current date and your location at the top of their phony magazine image. Just goes to prove that we all need to look closer at what we are thinking about posting.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's interesting that if you clickbait on the newsweak link it presents the current date and your location at the top of their phony magazine image. Just goes to prove that we all need to look closer at what we are thinking about posting.

When websites insert "todaysDate" html variable instead of the actual date of publication it makes it bloody difficult to know when a story is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sorry folks I got fooled by newsweek.  I'll try to look more closely next time.

Offline EdinVA

Don't sweat the small stuff... I was entertained so it was worth the post...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't sweat the small stuff... I was entertained so it was worth the post...

@Once-Ler  I agree with @EdinVA.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slide Rule

It was a great story none the less.

Cheers.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Keep up the good work.  I enjoy The Adventures of Florida Man.  Some of the best comedy out there is based on low IQ human tricks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Keep up the good work.  I enjoy The Adventures of Florida Man.  Some of the best comedy out there is based on low IQ human tricks.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis