Author Topic: Nebraska regulators deny TransCanada request to amend Keystone XL application  (Read 745 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nebraska regulators deny TransCanada request to amend Keystone XL application

https://energynow.com/2017/12/nebraska-regulators-deny-transcanada-request-amend-keystone-xl-application/

Nebraska regulators on Tuesday denied TransCanada Corp’s TRP.TO request to retroactively amend its route application for the proposed Keystone XL pipeline project through the state, a potential setback to the company as it seeks to head off legal challenges to the approved path.

The state’s Public Service Commission had approved a route for Keystone XL last month, but it was not for the preferred route cited in TransCanada’s application. Instead the commission approved the company’s “alternative mainline” route, a move opponents of the pipeline have said violated state statutes.

>snip<

Ken Winston, a lawyer for the Sierra Club, said he saw the commission’s ruling on Tuesday as a win for pipeline opponents.

“The fact that they’re having to consider an alternate route and that their motion was denied continues to make it more complicated for TransCanada. And any time it’s more complicated, that’s a victory for us,” he said.
(emphasis mine)

Well, if you didn't already know, the evident purpose of the Sierra Club is to stop any industrial development in the US.   Maybe we can send them to China.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nebraska regulators deny TransCanada request to amend Keystone XL application

https://energynow.com/2017/12/nebraska-regulators-deny-transcanada-request-amend-keystone-xl-application/
(emphasis mine)

Well, if you didn't already know, the evident purpose of the Sierra Club is to stop any industrial development in the US.   Maybe we can send them to China.
Or at least contain them in California
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington