Author Topic: McConnell: Battle for control of the Senate will be a 'dog fight'  (Read 540 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/494940-mcconnell-battle-for-control-of-the-senate-will-be-a-dog-fight
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned on Monday that the battle for control of the Senate in the November election will be a "dogfight," with neither party currently having a "lock" on winning the majority.

McConnell, speaking to Fox News Radio, said Republicans are "on the defense" as they try to keep their Senate majority. Republicans are defending 23 seats, compared with 12 for Democrats, though many of them are in deep red states.

"Let me just say that the Senate majority has not been a certainty at any point this cycle. We always knew from the beginning, and I've said consistently, that it's going to be a dogfight," McConnell said.

more at link...

I smell confidence.   happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: McConnell: Battle for control of the Senate will be a 'dog fight'
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 07:36:28 pm »
I'm disappointed The Hill failed to accuse McConnell of promoting dog fighting.   *****rollingeyes*****

These folks would not know a Sopwith Camel if it hit them in the face, and think a Fokker is the name of a character in a Robert De Niro movie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 07:57:33 pm »
   I'd feel better about the GOP's chances to retain the Senate, and I think they will, if Mitch reappointed Sen. Cruz to the NRSC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 09:20:02 pm »
I'm disappointed The Hill failed to accuse McConnell of promoting dog fighting.   *****rollingeyes*****

These folks would not know a Sopwith Camel if it hit them in the face, and think a Fokker is the name of a character in a Robert De Niro movie.

McConnell knows.  He flew one in the Great War.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 09:27:12 pm »
   I'd feel better about the GOP's chances to retain the Senate, and I think they will, if Mitch reappointed Sen. Cruz to the NRSC.

I am hoping for a 2022 or 2023 SCOTUS Cruz for RBG swap. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 09:29:22 pm »
McConnell knows.  He flew one in the Great War.

Weren't those flights  over Macho Grande?  Just west of Red Tortuga? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 09:32:55 pm »
   First, reform the GOP.  Then USSCJ, it's been done.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:56 pm »

I couldn't agree more -- not going to happen.  Mitch & Company still control things.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 09:49:43 pm »
I am hoping for a 2022 or 2023 SCOTUS Cruz for RBG swap.

I'm hoping Cruz gets taken out in the 2024 primary.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 09:58:36 pm »

Taken out by whom??  Who would you like to see run in 2024?  Who do you think would continue this country on a positive course?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 10:00:20 pm »

Give it up Beto

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 10:04:08 pm »

I am hoping Sen. Cruz has a long, successful career, as Senator, or Potus, or VP, or in some other important role. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 07:11:40 am »
I am hoping Sen. Cruz has a long, successful career, as Senator, or Potus, or VP, or in some other important role.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis