Author Topic: Houston company adds 10 million barrels of crude storage in Corpus Christi  (Read 650 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Sergio Chapa April 28, 2020

Houston company adds 10 million barrels of crude storage in Corpus Christi

Houston export terminal operator Moda Midstream has completed a project that adds 10 million barrels of crude oil storage at its Port of Corpus Christi facility.

The company said Tuesday that the final 495,000-barrel storage tank has been placed into service as part the expansion at the Moda Ingleside Energy Center in Ingleside and the Moda Taft Terminal in Taft. The project brings combined storage at the two facilities to 12 million barrels.

“At a time when there is a pressing need for additional crude oil storage, the early delivery of the tanks is another example of Moda’s ability to consistently provide solutions to our customers,” Moda Midstream Bo McCall said in a statement. “Bringing 10 million barrels of storage online in just over a year and a half is a major accomplishment.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Houston-company-adds-10-million-barrels-of-crude-15231215.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

These tanks were obviously originally planned as holding tanks for product sent onto tankers.

Example of re-purposing for other uses.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Great investment.  If the economy rebounds and oil returns to $30-40/bbl later in the year, they will make a huge profit on margins.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Great investment.  If the economy rebounds and oil returns to $30-40/bbl later in the year, they will make a huge profit on margins.
I couldn't read all the article, but it seemed that this company was simply supplying oil storage, and was not the owner of the oil.

Not sure who you mean by the 'they'.  The margins you mention would accrue to the owner, not the storage company.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I couldn't read all the article, but it seemed that this company was simply supplying oil storage, and was not the owner of the oil.

Not sure who you mean by the 'they'.  The margins you mention would accrue to the owner, not the storage company.

True.  i was alluding to the owners of the oil, who I guess is using a 3rd party for rental storage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.