Author Topic: Top Virginia health official warns state lockdown could be 'two-year affair'  (Read 435 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Virginia health official warns state lockdown could be 'two-year affair'
by Spencer Neale
 | April 25, 2020 12:44 PM

Virginians hoping for a quick restart of normal life may be in for a rude awakening after the top health official in Virginia said the state could be in lockdown for the next two years.

During a Friday afternoon briefing on the coronavirus response, Virginia Health Commissioner Norman Oliver said Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam's "Phase One" coronavirus response plan, which involves business closures and social distancing, could last for as long as two years.

“I, personally, think Phase One will be a two-year affair,” Oliver said. “There are a lot of people working on this, and I hope they prove me wrong, but I don’t see it happening in less than two years.”

A Virginia Department of Health representative immediately attempted to walk back Oliver's comments, suggesting that Oliver meant the coronavirus will be with Virginians for two years and not that state-mandated lockdowns would continue that long.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-virginia-health-official-warns-state-lockdown-could-be-two-year-affair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Virginia Health Commissioner Says Schools Could Remain Closed For Two Years
April 25, 2020 By Tristan Justice

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam’s office said Friday that Phase One of reopening the state under federal guidelines could last as long as two years as the state battles the novel Wuhan coronavirus.

“I personally think Phase One will be a two year affair,” said State Health Commissioner Norman Oliver, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “There are a lot of people working on this, and I hope they prove me wrong, but I don’t see it happening in less than two years.”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/25/virginia-health-commissioner-says-schools-could-remain-closed-for-two-years/

Offline EdinVA

ok, then I want my taxes returned to me, the Dept of Ed abolished for two years and the school grounds sold to the highest bidder.

Offline Hoodat

ok, then I want my taxes returned to me, the Dept of Ed abolished for two years and the school grounds sold to the highest bidder.

You got that right.  And until that happens, the state should reimburse each parent annually the amount of money it would have spent on educating their child so they can pay for a private option.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Fine by me.  I hope WI will do the same.  My children can learn online.