Author Topic: Jeff Sessions poised for comeback and still cheering Trump  (Read 275 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Jeff Sessions poised for comeback and still cheering Trump
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:41:14 am »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/jeff-sessions-poised-for-comeback-and-still-cheering-trump

The state’s most popular senator — he won with 97.25% of the vote in his last reelection — Sessions hit a new high when he was the first senator to endorse then-long-shot presidential hopeful Donald Trump in 2016, eventually winning his dream job of attorney general.
And with support from the state’s senior senator, Richard Shelby, endorsements from law enforcement, the National Rifle Association, immigration advocates, and the anti-abortion Family Research Council, and with fundraising nearly equal to Tuberville despite Trump’s endorsement, his supporters see a comeback in the making.

“I feel good about where we are,” said Sessions. “I’m reminding people that I was there on those issues. And those issues I advocated became the basis for why I supported President Trump and still do. ... I’m the same person I was."

Looking at the two candidates from the uni-party for President, I'm convinced the 2020 Presidential elections will be least important elections of our lifetimes, but I am rooting for my man Jeff.  He's a tough bastard with a core set of values and a willingness to stand up for them.