Poll

Will covid19 hurt Trump's re-election....?

Yes
4 (36.4%)
No
5 (45.5%)
Fearing the outcome, Trump won't allow an election
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 14, 2020, 10:46:26 pm

Author Topic: Will covid19 hurt Trump's re-election....?  (Read 2102 times)

Offline corbe

Will covid19 hurt Trump's re-election....?
« on: April 24, 2020, 10:46:26 pm »
   What say you, Briefers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Will covid19 hurt Trump's re-election....?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:51:02 pm »
   IMNSHO, many Conservatives that did not vote for him in 2016 will pull the lever for him this time.

I'm so OVER my Cruz Butt Hurt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 11:00:48 pm »
The media and the Dems will do all in their power to hurt Trump with this, especially since the Shampeachment didn't work.

The economy may hurt him, especially if we haven't taken steps toward recovery, but that begs the question of who on the Dem side will do better (frankly, no one).

He has taken an unprecedented crisis and done his best to manage it, and I think he has generally made the right decisions.

The one thing which will hurt him is if mail in voting becomes widespread. The opportunity for vote fraud makes the last "fix" pale in comparison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 01:36:23 am »
The media and the Dems will do all in their power to hurt Trump with this, especially since the Shampeachment didn't work.

The economy may hurt him, especially if we haven't taken steps toward recovery, but that begs the question of who on the Dem side will do better (frankly, no one).

He has taken an unprecedented crisis and done his best to manage it, and I think he has generally made the right decisions.

The one thing which will hurt him is if mail in voting becomes widespread. The opportunity for vote fraud makes the last "fix" pale in comparison.

Absolutely.  They are pushing for an 'oversight' committee with this virus in hopes to find a way to finally crush his chances of winning, but I see that as a slim chance of happening.  So the last resort that they are aiming for is manipulating mail-in voting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 03:26:38 am »
No need of this pandemic, as Trump's lack of self-discipline and impulse control are on display daily.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 03:29:23 am »
No need of this pandemic, as Trump's lack of self-discipline and impulse control are on display daily.
As is the naked bias of the Democrat media at ABCNNBCBS et.al.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 03:48:53 am »
As is the naked bias of the Democrat media at ABCNNBCBS et.al.

Did you just hear a little noise, somewhere?   happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 03:50:26 am »
Absolutely.  They are pushing for an 'oversight' committee with this virus in hopes to find a way to finally crush his chances of winning, but I see that as a slim chance of happening.  So the last resort that they are aiming for is manipulating mail-in voting.

The Rats are confident that no matter what Trump does, it can be spun as screwing up and killing innocent Grammas and Grampies.  Trump fiddled, Rome burned.  Nancy Antoinette already tipped that hand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 02:03:44 pm »
   IMNSHO, many Conservatives that did not vote for him in 2016 will pull the lever for him this time.

I'm so OVER my Cruz Butt Hurt.

Well, I'm over my Cruz butt hurt.  In fact, I'm over Cruz period.

But this conservative will not be voting for Trump.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 03:51:40 pm »
I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I'll walk to the polls if I have to in 2020 to vote for him.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 04:39:30 pm »
Well, I'm over my Cruz butt hurt.  In fact, I'm over Cruz period.

But this conservative will not be voting for Trump.

IMO...  The Bleach Injecton/Ingestion comment may be one of the dumbest things a POTUS has ever said.

Thank God, I think this one event has finally stopped his Pressers.  Now, I just hope the populus either forgets, and sees him as the ultimate lesser of evils.

I will vote for him, but man is he an embarassment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 04:52:26 pm »
IMO...  The Bleach Injecton/Ingestion comment may be one of the dumbest things a POTUS has ever said.

Thank God, I think this one event has finally stopped his Pressers.  Now, I just hope the populus either forgets, and sees him as the ultimate lesser of evils.

A lot will depend on what happens between now and November, or whenever the general election is held.  If the virus fades, people go back to work and the economy improves, voters -- who notoriously have short memories -- will choose Trump. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2020, 05:09:19 pm »

Not one to be content to just listen to (or read) more superficial accounts of things without checking further, I did a little digging:

On Disinfectant:
https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/hydrogen-peroxide-disinfectant-coronavirus-treatment/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/hydrogen-peroxide-a-potential-treatment-for-coronavirus-infection/ar-BB12qktc
Not injection, but inhalation of nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide (yes, it can also be used as a disinfectant) which shows promise in killing viruses, bacteria, and fungi.   But no, don't start mainlining Lysol.

UV light: (which may well have merit)
https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/uv-light-kills-coronavirus/

peer reviewed on UV light injection:Ultraviolet Irradiation of Blood: “The Cure That Time Forgot”?
Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017 ; 996: 295–309. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-56017-5_25

Yep, filtered (for wavelength) UV piped into a blood vessel and exposure of 3-5% of the patient's blood volume to UV. The purpose is to kill the viruses present in part of the bloodstream, and then the body builds antibodies to the dead viruses, much the same mechanism as it uses to build antibodies with a vaccine, only without adjuvants, squalene, and preservatives believed to cause many of the harmful side effects of vaccines.  The caveat is that if too much of the blood volume is exposed, the body's ability to build antibodies declines as more is exposed. This was being researched in the '40s, but then the antibiotic and vaccine folks sort of pushed it aside. ($$$?)  It is worth another look, especially in the age of fiber optics.

While Trump might not always express it just right, the ridicule of an ignorant press corps is worse.
They aren't doctors, for the most part, either.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 05:27:29 pm »
Not one to be content to just listen to (or read) more superficial accounts of things without checking further, I did a little digging:

23 Apr 2020 direct POTUS quotes....

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,”
“And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Do you really want to go on record of any form of justification of comments like these?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 05:30:43 pm »
While Trump might not always express it just right, the ridicule of an ignorant press corps is worse.

Well, see that's one of his biggest problems, IMHO.  He is not a good public speaker without a prepared text in front of him.  And I still say he often talks without thinking.  He has to know that as a leader, people will take everything he says seriously.  His words can have serious consequences whether he intends them to or not.    He needs to stop and consider those consequences before he opens his mouth.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 05:41:38 pm »
23 Apr 2020 direct POTUS quotes....

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,”
“And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Do you really want to go on record of any form of justification of comments like these?
On Disinfectant:
https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/hydrogen-peroxide-disinfectant-coronavirus-treatment/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/hydrogen-peroxide-a-potential-treatment-for-coronavirus-infection/ar-BB12qktc
Not injection, but inhalation of nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide (yes, it can also be used as a disinfectant) which shows promise in killing viruses, bacteria, and fungi.   But no, don't start mainlining Lysol.

As muddled as it was as a statement, there is research along the lines of what he said.

It is my understanding that some COPD patients have used the nebulized H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide mist) as a therapy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:42:43 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 05:52:51 pm »
Well, see that's one of his biggest problems, IMHO.  He is not a good public speaker without a prepared text in front of him.  And I still say he often talks without thinking.  He has to know that as a leader, people will take everything he says seriously.  His words can have serious consequences whether he intends them to or not.    He needs to stop and consider those consequences before he opens his mouth.

Agreed.  I can attribute that 95% of the media's hatred of Trump to misconstruing and slanting his POV.

OTOH, there was this event, which was unfortuante.