Author Topic: Continental Resources halts shale output, seeks to cancel sales  (Read 1082 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The largest oil producer in North Dakota has halted most of its production in the state, notifying some customers it would not supply crude at current pricing, according to people familiar with the matter.

Continental Resources Inc, the company controlled by billionaire Harold Hamm, stopped all drilling and shut in most of its wells in the state’s Bakken shale field, said three people familiar with production in the state. North Dakota is the second-largest oil-producing state in the United States after Texas.
https://www.reuters.com/article/continental-resources-shale-north-dakota/continental-resources-halts-shale-output-seeks-to-cancel-sales-idUSL2N2CB2TO
@Smokin Joe

Things are going to hell in a handbasket up there.

Hope you kept your rainy day fund safe.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Continental Resources halts shale output, seeks to cancel sales
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 01:31:24 pm »
Yep. And I already have a job for the summer on a road crew.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 03:11:16 pm »
Yep. And I already have a job for the summer on a road crew.
I trust you are joking.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:42:23 pm »
I trust you are joking.
He's not joking.  Heck...I'm drawing PPP funds here in Texas.  We had 6 wells lined up to drill heads up that we've put on hold.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 06:48:11 pm »
I trust you are joking.
Not a bit. There is no wellsite geology being done right now by the firm I was working with. The company we were doing wellsite for has cut their rigs for the time being. If we're lucky, we'll be back in the field by December.

In the meantime, I like some cash flow.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 12:17:13 am »
Not a bit. There is no wellsite geology being done right now by the firm I was working with. The company we were doing wellsite for has cut their rigs for the time being. If we're lucky, we'll be back in the field by December.

In the meantime, I like some cash flow.
Man, I hope that does not last too long.

Being retired, the only cash flow I currently have is from what I had saved up.

Haven't faced having to work once again, other than the farm growing hay and cattle.  Not too much cashflow coming from there, believe me.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 12:20:00 am »
Man, I hope that does not last too long.

Being retired, the only cash flow I currently have is from what I had saved up.

Haven't faced having to work once again, other than the farm growing hay and cattle.  Not too much cashflow coming from there, believe me.
I believe you. I figure I'll work at something the rest of my days, as long as I am blessed enough to be able.

I already went through the savings a few years back, a combination of bad investments and wishful thinking, so I have to keep every dollar I can scratch in for the end of the run. I still have roughly 4 years to pull full Soc Sec bennies, and I'm not likely to grab them early.

C S Lewis

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 12:08:05 pm »
I believe you. I figure I'll work at something the rest of my days, as long as I am blessed enough to be able.

I already went through the savings a few years back, a combination of bad investments and wishful thinking, so I have to keep every dollar I can scratch in for the end of the run. I still have roughly 4 years to pull full Soc Sec bennies, and I'm not likely to grab them early.
All the best on those endeavours.

$50/b by sometime next year

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 02:21:50 pm »

I hope it comes soon!  My quarantine goatee comes off at $40 oil.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 05:11:58 pm »

Well, by Christmas, I'll either try to get a Santa Claus gig (I have a friend who does this for a couple major chains) Or I'll whack back the great gray growth and go back to the patch. We'll see.

C S Lewis

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 06:19:42 pm »
Well, by Christmas, I'll either try to get a Santa Claus gig (I have a friend who does this for a couple major chains) Or I'll whack back the great gray growth and go back to the patch. We'll see.
If you just keep it the way it is, people like me can identify you as a geologist when times get better. 888high58888
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:22:21 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 11:30:54 pm »
If you just keep it the way it is, people like me can identify you as a geologist when times get better. 888high58888
:beer:

C S Lewis