Author Topic: Here Are The U.S. Senators That Used COVID-19 To Push Their Gun Control Agenda  (Read 658 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller NRA ILA Contributor 4/23/2020

The COVID-19 panic has been used by would-be state and local authoritarians as an excuse to keep Americans from exercising their right to keep and bear arms. Thankfully, American gun owners have a friend in the White House that has worked to protect their rights on the federal level by declaring the firearms industry to be critical infrastructure. However, this respect for the Second Amendment isn’t uniform in the federal government. There are some federal lawmakers seeking to exploit COVID-19 to pursue their pre-existing gun control agenda.

On April 2, a group of anti-gun U.S. Senators led by Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Sen. Edward Markey (D-Mass.) sent a letter to the directors of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives demanding a crackdown on gun sales nationwide. Citing the recent surge in gun sales, the senators urged the agencies to adopt policies long sought by gun control advocates.

The senators are correct about one thing – gun sales have surged in the wake of COVID-19. Faced with increasing uncertainty and the prospect of the mass release of prison inmates, Americans are buying guns.

More: https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/23/here-are-the-u-s-senators-that-used-covid-19-to-push-their-gun-control-agenda/

Offline mortarman

Now that we have started protesting the fascist actions of the Dis-Loyal Opposition they want to take away our guns.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.