Author Topic: 'That doesn't work': Ron DeSantis says Florida is flattening virus curve without ‘draconian orders'  (Read 476 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'That doesn't work': Ron DeSantis says Florida is flattening virus curve without ‘draconian orders'
Washington Examiner, Apr 21. 2020

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis touted his state’s response to the coronavirus pandemic by pointing out that the curve appears to be flattening without “draconian orders” like other states have implemented.

“Right now, as of last night, we had about 730 people statewide in the ICU,” DeSantis told Fox News Tuesday. “People said our hospitals were going to be overrun. We’ve actually increased hospital bed space and ICU bed space during the pandemic. So there were fewer beds available in Florida in February than there are now. So Florida’s flattened the curve. People have done a great job.”

DeSantis mentioned that other states, including New York, imposed far stricter measures and didn’t have the same results.

“You go back six weeks, everybody ... was saying Florida was going to be worse than New York,” DeSantis said. “Obviously, we have a very elderly population. It was constant, people saying that. If you look at what’s happened, that’s not true. You know, New York, for example, has about 25 times the number of fatalities of Florida, even though we have 2 million more people.”

“I never did draconian orders here like you see in some of these other states where a dad would get arrested for, or get cited for, taking his daughter to the park. That doesn’t work. We’ve never done that.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/that-doesnt-work-ron-desantis-says-florida-is-flattening-virus-curve-without-draconian-orders

Offline libertybele

Praise the Lord.  In my area, they are opening most of the local parks and hiking paths tomorrow.  I can't wait!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.