Author Topic: Trump Says He Will Sign Executive Order Suspending All Immigration To United States  (Read 1218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Christian Datoc
Senior White House Correspondent
April 20, 2020 10:29 PM ET

President Donald Trump tweeted late Monday night that he will sign an executive order temporarily limiting all immigration to the United States in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States,” he wrote shortly after 10:00 pm ET.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/20/trump-tweet-suspending-immigration-to-united-states-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

And the schizophrenic left will condemn him for racism at the same time criticizing him for not doing enough to protect Americans from the Corona.

Its too damn bad congress cannot participate in such decisions as it is no longer capable of fulfilling its Constitutional role as an effective deliberative body.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:59:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCELLENT move!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hallelujah!
It's about time!

Now let's keep it that way -- for FIFTY years, at least.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Trump says his executive order to temporarily suspend immigration into the US will last 60 days

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-he-will-temporarily-suspend-immigration-into-the-us-2020-4

President Donald Trump said on Monday that his executive order to suspend immigration into the US would be in place for 60 days.

Trump initially tweeted about the measure on Monday night and said his decision was spurred by an "attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens."

Trump clarified the measure at a coronavirus press briefing on Tuesday and said the order would only apply to individuals seeking permanent residency or green card seekers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Git 'er done!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

And the schizophrenic left will condemn him for racism at the same time criticizing him for not doing enough to protect Americans from the Corona.

The Race Cards were filling the airwaves before Trump finished his announcement, possibly literally. Libs and Progs learned nothing from their stupid Race-Card denunciations of Trump's China travel shutdown.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

In related news the President also signed an executive order to protect American consumers from excessive late fees for video tape rentals, protections for American households with land lines against unsolicited faxes, and saved Christmas again.

888heartkitty

Offline Smokin Joe

In related news the President also signed an executive order to protect American consumers from excessive late fees for video tape rentals, protections for American households with land lines against unsolicited faxes, and saved Christmas again.

888heartkitty
Well, I for one am glad he saved Christmas. As for the land lines, just unhook the fax when you aren't either using it or expecting one, and the video tape place went the way of the dinosaur, so I guess I'll just have to keep them...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Its too damn bad congress cannot participate in such decisions as it is no longer capable of fulfilling its Constitutional role as an effective deliberative body.

High 5 and totally correct.    888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

Congress has become a major debate club. They have mass debates all day long, when they aren't just stuffing something through and screwing the taxpayer.

Makes you wonder what the incidence of carpal tunnel is on Capitol Hill.... :shrug: :whistle: 888mouth

(from all that mass debating)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:31:06 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Congress has learned, especially with Obama, that they can evade all responsibility by doing nothing.
This throws all authority and actions onto the executive, so they take all the heat. Otherwise nothing gets done.
Then the Congress slimeballs will crawl out of the shadows and either condemn or support the action depending on public opinion.
Congress is all about NOT being answerable for anything as to evade any fault whatsoever.
I didn't do it!
It wasn't me!
or
I wholeheartedly support the President's actions in every possible way!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Congress has become a major debate club. They have mass debates all day long, when they aren't just stuffing something through and screwing the taxpayer.

Makes you wonder what the incidence of carpal tunnel is on Capitol Hill.... :shrug: :whistle: 888mouth

(from all that mass debating)

Seems to me Congress is agreeing on Trillions of things, and President Trump is signing them.

Congress has learned, especially with Obama, that they can evade all responsibility by doing nothing.
This throws all authority and actions onto the executive, so they take all the heat. Otherwise nothing gets done.

@240B

Last time we talked I pointed out Trump signed $2.8T of laws passed by rat and trumplican alike, and almost unanimously.  That's a pant's-full of somethin' .  I'm not trying to make you look bad.  I honestly believe you think your statement makes sense in light of the facts.  I would love it if you could explain to me how you don't see the contradictions.

Then the Congress slimeballs will crawl out of the shadows and either condemn or support the action depending on public opinion.
Condemn or support??? It's almost like they figured out a way to answer any question, the fiends! It is their job to represent their constituency.  Why condemn them for doing what a majority of their voters want?

oh yeah...

Always
Be
Trolling!

Congress is all about NOT being answerable for anything as to evade any fault whatsoever.
Let's check that.  @Chosen Daughter do you blame our Congress for spinelessly voting unanimously for $2Trillion of coronavirus stimulus last month?  Maybe also for President Trump siding with Kerry over Massie?   You don't need to wait, she does.  In fact there are a whole bunch of Briefers unhappy about it.

I didn't do it!
It wasn't me!

You did.  You destroyed America.  Why do you insist on ruining our lives.
I'm kidding life is fine.  America is fine.
or
I wholeheartedly support the President's actions in every possible way!
Not me, but he's doing pretty well on COVID-19.  It would be hard for him to improve greatly, and he faces minimal opposition in whatever he wants.

Offline Smokin Joe

Seems to me Congress is agreeing on Trillions of things, and President Trump is signing them.
As long as the little $$$$ come home, it seems to be so. But behind all that apparent agreement, there is an awful lot being blackmailed through or held hostage.

NONE there have the guts to endure the optics of "not caring" about the victims of a failing economy.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

Last time we talked I pointed out Trump signed $2.8T of laws passed by rat and trumplican alike, and almost unanimously.  That's a pant's-full of somethin' .  I'm not trying to make you look bad.  I honestly believe you think your statement makes sense in light of the facts.  I would love it if you could explain to me how you don't see the contradictions.
Condemn or support??? It's almost like they figured out a way to answer any question, the fiends! It is their job to represent their constituency.  Why condemn them for doing what a majority of their voters want?

oh yeah...

Always
Be
Trolling!

Let's check that.  @Chosen Daughter do you blame our Congress for spinelessly voting unanimously for $2Trillion of coronavirus stimulus last month?  Maybe also for President Trump siding with Kerry over Massie?   You don't need to wait, she does.  In fact there are a whole bunch of Briefers unhappy about it.

You did.  You destroyed America.  Why do you insist on ruining our lives.
I'm kidding life is fine.  America is fine. Not me, but he's doing pretty well on COVID-19.  It would be hard for him to improve greatly, and he faces minimal opposition in whatever he wants.
Wow @Once-Ler that's impressive. I am truly humbled that you would put so much time and effort to respond to one of my stupid posts.
Thank You.

The thread we are on is about immigration and foreign workers. It is not about COVID-19 except maybe indirectly.
But that is not what I or this thread is talking about. My post was about immigration, not about various bailout packages. If you want to talk about that, there are a dozen threads where you can discuss bailouts or stimulus to your heart's content.

You are on the wrong thread. But still, I am humbled by the effort you put into it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump lied.  Not surprising.  And most people will not even know.  I bet this will be one that shows up in one of @LegalAmerican long lists she posts.  So its winning for Trump only.  Not us.  He didn't stop all immigration. 

Trumps EO is COVID sharing with Mexico. 

Trump’s Immigration Ban Exempts “Refugees” & “Essential Workers”
Numerous categories of people won’t be affected by the executive order.

While President Trump’s immigration ban was celebrated by many of his supporters, it has since emerged that the draft executive order contains broad exemptions for “refugees,” “essential workers” and a number of other categories of people.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” Trump tweeted last night.

The news was greeted with massive enthusiasm from Trump’s base, some of whom feel he hasn’t done enough to fulfil his campaign promise of building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants.

However, it has now been revealed that there are a number of caveats.

Bloomberg News reports that the EO “includes exceptions for people seeking jobs in “food production and directly helping to protect the supply chain,” which could apply to farm workers.”...

https://summit.news/2020/04/21/trumps-immigration-ban-exempts-refugees-essential-workers/

Trump signs immigration order featuring numerous exemptions
By JILL COLVIN and ELLIOT SPAGAT
April 22, 2020

https://apnews.com/849b0ba2875ec6f3c84f1af4d0b4b4d7

Good job Donald!  The art of the deal is certainly to get people to believe your lies.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.