Author Topic: Hundreds of Amazon workers to walk off jobs starting Tuesday  (Read 667 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hundreds of Amazon workers to walk off jobs starting Tuesday
« on: April 20, 2020, 11:54:52 pm »
Hundreds of Amazon workers to walk off jobs starting Tuesday
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 04/20/20 06:47 PM EDT

More than 300 Amazon employees will call out of work starting Tuesday in protest of the online retail giant's treatment of workers during the coronavirus pandemic.

The call out is organized by labor groups United for Respect, New York Communities for Change, and Make The Road New York and will be the largest mass action by workers yet amid the crisis.

The nationwide protest follows several strikes at facilities in Staten Island, Chicago and Detroit where employees have tested positive to COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.

“I’m calling out this week because I’m scared to come to work and can’t trust Amazon to keep me and my co-workers safe,” Jaylen Camp, an Amazon worker at a fulfillment center in Romulus, Michigan, said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/493772-hundreds-of-amazon-workers-to-walk-off-starting-tuesday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Hundreds of Amazon workers to walk off jobs starting Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 12:04:12 am »
Let's see ... we're sheltered in ... grocery stores are talking about going to curbside and delivery only ...  and now Amazon which is helping a lot of folks get items that they need while sheltered is having problems.

Things aren't looking any better ... things seem to be getting worse.  Hard to stay optimistic these days.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 12:05:59 am »
Let's see ... we're sheltered in ... grocery stores are talking about going to curbside and delivery only ...  and now Amazon which is helping a lot of folks get items that they need while sheltered is having problems.

Things aren't looking any better ... things seem to be getting worse.  Hard to stay optimistic these days.

I'd bet that the unions are behind the walk out.  Amazon isn't unionized and they are not letting a crisis go to waste in order to try and get Amazon workers to unionize.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:08 am »
I'd bet that the unions are behind the walk out.  Amazon isn't unionized and they are not letting a crisis go to waste in order to try and get Amazon workers to unionize.

Absolutely!  Its a power play by the Unions to take advantage of a crisis.  Rahm Emanuel is alive and well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 05:29:47 am »
Want to bet they can find new employees?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:19:24 am »
Want to bet they can find new employees?

I know they can!  Or they will do like they did as the sorting center my wife works at here. Up the hourly wage by $2 an hour...any overtime is double that per hour and offer those wanting to work all the extra shifts they want.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:56:34 am »
I live near one of those centers. Lot of white collar peeps in my complex working from home who commute to Manhattan. Some of them are so worried about their jobs and money that they are now working part time there, or at the Shop Rite or Trader Joe’s near me.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️