Author Topic: Congressman says Florida's handling of coronavirus a model for the country  (Read 602 times)

Online libertybele

Congressman says Florida's handling of coronavirus a model for the country

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., touted his state's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and suggested that it can serve as a model for other parts of the country, as Florida begins to slowly reopen some public areas........

On CBS's "Face The Nation" on Sunday, White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx praised the Florida Department of Health website.

"I am trying to really drive Americans to a website that I think is really quite extraordinary," she said. "If you go to the Florida public health website on COVID, they've been able to show their communities cases and tests district by district, county by county, zip code by zip code."

"That's the kind of knowledge and power we need to put into the hands of the American people so that they can see where the virus is, where the cases are and make decisions," she explained................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/congressman-florida-can-be-a-model-for-much-of-country
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess he didn't look here, but he's from Fla., so why would he?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

I'd say considering the population of FL v population of ND, FL has done pretty darn good!

Population of North Dakota:  762,000

Population of Florida:  21,480,000

Positive cases in Florida -- 27,495  -- 0.00128 of the population

Total Tests 278,888   Positive  27,495  Negative 249,564  Percent Positive 9.9%

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:20:30 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let's compare:

Population of North Dakota:  762,000

Population of Florida:  21,480,000

Positive cases in Florida -- 27,495  -- 0.00128 of the population

Total Tests 278,888   Positive  27,495  Negative 249,564  Percent Positive 9.9%
Florida infections per 10,000 pop. 12.8
North Dakota infections per 10,000 pop. 8.22
Positive cases (as tested) in ND: 0.00082 (0.082%) of the population
Active cases in ND: .057% of the population.

(actually, what I was comparing was the level of data available on the website)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Florida infections per 10,000 pop. 12.8
North Dakota infections per 10,000 pop. 8.22
Positive cases (as tested) in ND: 0.00082 (0.082%) of the population
Active cases in ND: .057% of the population.

(actually, what I was comparing was the level of data available on the website)

Yes, absolutely, that is one thing that I noticed right away.