Author Topic: Miami Herald Columnist: Packed Beaches Will ‘Work Nicely to Thin The Ranks’ Of Trump And DeSantis Su  (Read 529 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Aaron Klein19 Apr 20208,688
3:42

As some Florida beaches reopened under social distancing guidelines, Miami Herald metro columnist Fabiola Santiago tweeted on Sunday that Florida residents packing beaches “should work nicely to thin the ranks” of supporters of President Donald Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Santiago tweeted that “packed beaches should work nicely to thin the ranks of Trump/DeSantis/Gimenez supporters in #Florida who value money over health.”

Reaction from Trump supporters was swift.

Donald Trump Jr. commented that Santiago’s “disgusting” remarks not only expose her own bias but “based on their hiring choices” likely tells readers “everything you need to know about the Miami Herald as well.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/04/19/miami-herald-columnist-packed-beaches-will-work-nicely-to-thin-the-ranks-of-trump-and-desantis-supporters/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

It's  a liberal paper.  What do we expect? 

Dave Barry is the only worthwhile columnist at the Herald and he's more or less retired.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In all likelihood Santiago would have been rooting for the British over the Minutemen.

Offline libertybele

Well, most of the Miami area is a **it hole anyways.  Beaches that have been opened are in northern FL.  Miami-Dade county has almost 10,000 COVID-19 cases alone and opening beaches along that coastal area would be a disaster. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Miami hasn’t been the same since Rose, Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia left.

And Wolfiies closed.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

Well, most of the Miami area is a **it hole anyways.  Beaches that have been opened are in northern FL.  Miami-Dade county has almost 10,000 COVID-19 cases alone and opening beaches along that coastal area would be a disaster.

You're right about Miami.  Was there twice -- once decades ago, then back in the early 2000s.  What a mess.  Since I discovered the Gulf Coast, when I go to Florida, that's where I go.    Nicer beaches and not as many lowlifes. 

rangerrebew

Miami Herald Columnist Tweets Her Wish That More Republicans Would Die Of Coronavirus
By Jeff Reynolds April 20, 2020

Image by Thomas Ulrich from Pixabay

On Sunday, Fabiola Santiago, a columnist for the Miami Herald, tweeted that loosening restrictions on Florida beaches would do nicely to thin the ranks of Republicans:

Screen grab of the tweet before it was deleted

Santiago referred to supporters of President Trump, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and Miami Mayor Carlos Gimenez, all Republicans. She later deleted the tweet and offered a half-hearted apology that reads like a hostage tape:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/miami-herald-columnist-wishes-more-republicans-would-die-of-coronavirus/

Offline Applewood

She later deleted the tweet and offered a half-hearted apology that reads like a hostage tape:

Santiago's "apology:"

...I want to apologize for the phrase I used that offended many people...

In other words -- I'm sorry you stupid people were offended by what I wrote.

Offline goatprairie

Santiago's "apology:"

In other words -- I'm sorry you stupid people were offended by what I wrote.
Like when criminals get caught in the act:

"I'm sorry.....I'm sorry I got caught."

Offline cato potatoe

This is like a bonanza for the left.  They get to hide in their basements and write internet screeds while collecting a government check.  Of course they want to keep everything shut down.

Offline skeeter

This is like a bonanza for the left.  They get to hide in their basements and write internet screeds while collecting a government check.  Of course they want to keep everything shut down.

In the meantime there is a window of opportunity for the rest of us to enjoy life without being physically subjected to loudmouthed leftwing virtue signaling and insufferable sanctimony.