Author Topic: New Yorker Snob on MSNBC: Trump's White Male 'Lower-Educated' Base Just Too Dumb  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For satellite based TV and internet you have to have a line of sight view of the satellite. Not available in all locations. Cell signal, bandwidth are similarly not there in many places, and not just in flyover country states, either.

Do NOT expect to get high speed or streaming bandwidth reliably, either.

Correct!  The latency of a Geo-stationary satellite is outrageous to the point of not being usable.  That's why Musk has, as a project, a planned network of thousands of low-orbital satellites for broad-band internet.  It's an ambitious plan, similar to the failed Motorola "Iridium" venture.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Correct!  The latency of a Geo-stationary satellite is outrageous to the point of not being usable.  That's why Musk has, as a project, a planned network of thousands of low-orbital satellites for broad-band internet.  It's an ambitious plan, similar to the failed Motorola "Iridium" venture.
Yeah, well, AFAIC, that is like AT&T telling customers here for years how they were improving their network...(just not past the end of the sidewalk, which is most anywhere there aren't paved roads--a lot of ND)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, well, AFAIC, that is like AT&T telling customers here for years how they were improving their network...(just not past the end of the sidewalk, which is most anywhere there aren't paved roads--a lot of ND)

Isn't AT&T a DHL system?  It's node-dependent.  Performance improves as distro nodes are added.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Isn't AT&T a DHL system?  It's node-dependent.  Performance improves as distro nodes are added.
Not when you are in the badlands twenty+ miles from the nearest tower.

Like I said, they work fine until you get past the end of the sidewalk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty 

I dunno about all that,but what I DO know is if you have a good land line telephone signal,you can stream movies and tv shows with no problem with a ROKU. The only way you will lose a signal is if the phone line goes dead.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

The very same people who these effite elitists call dumb are the same people who fix their cars. Jus' sayin'.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The very same people who these effite elitists call dumb are the same people who fix their cars. Jus' sayin'.

@mortarman

The worse ones don't even own cars. They have "car services"  under contract to drive them around town.

One of the "NYC Finest" examples of this is BaBa WaWa,who has never owned a car,or even had a drivers license in her entire life.

Which didn't keep her from doing adds for Esso gas back in the 60's,though. The one I remember showed her at a Esso gas station in a convertible,smiling for the camera,and saying "I only buy Esso gas for my car because.....". She even talked about this once on "The View",and explained that she had to be taught how to start the car and put it in gear as she was seen "driving away" from the pumps.

It never even seemed to occur to her how hypocritial this showed her,a "news woman",to be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

And grow their food. And built the roofs over their heads. And grew the wool or cotton for their clothes.

That said, there are a good number of conservative people in the design and manglement areas at many of the tech companies whose products these snobs rely on. Snobs like that are just stupidly ignorant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The very same people who these effite elitists call dumb are the same people who fix their cars. Jus' sayin'.  :pop41:

While working in NYC @mortarman  --- we used to call these people the "overeducated and underlaid".   

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
My wife and I are highly educated, and we probably would have voted for him if he shot someone in the street, believing that person well deserved it.

If I had my way, ALL THE FOLKS involved with the coup against Trump would have been publicly dispatched for sedition and treason, and to date, not one person has been indicted.  Justice does not exist in Washington!!!

The people that are deplorable are the so called journalists at these MSM organizations.  I would revoke the license for CNN to broadcast.