Author Topic: Piers Morgan: Trump 'failing the American people' on 'almost every level' with coronavirus response  (Read 716 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Piers Morgan: Trump 'failing the American people' on 'almost every level' with coronavirus response
by Caitlin Yilek
 | April 19, 2020 02:38 PM

Piers Morgan said he is horrified by how his “friend” President Trump is handling the coronavirus crisis.

The British media personality said Trump has turned his daily briefings on the pandemic into a partisan affair, which Morgan argued shows Trump is more concerned with winning November’s election than saving lives.

"I've known him a long time. I consider him to be a friend, but I've been watching these daily briefings with mounting horror, frankly, because this is not what the president should be doing. He won't want me saying this, but I'm gonna say it anyway," Morgan told CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday.

Morgan said all Trump had to do was be calm, show authority and empathy, and tell the truth.

"At almost every level of that, Donald Trump at the moment is failing the American people," he said. “He’s turning these briefings into a self-aggrandizing, self-justifying, overly defensive, politically partisan — almost like a rally to him."

“Donald Trump, if he’s listening to this or watching, you will win the election in November if you get this right," Morgan added. "If you stop making it about yourself and make it about the American people and show that you care about them over yourself, you will win. … If you don't get it right, more Americans are going to die.”

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/piers-morgan-trump-failing-the-american-people-on-almost-every-level-with-coronavirus-response
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

Piers wants Trump to take the W, "Kick Me!" approach.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don't know whats up with Piers he is usually complimentary towards Trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Dumb. Although there have been a few missteps, I've never seen a president respond to any crisis as thoroughly and effectively as Trump has with this virus.

Attacking his overall response to the virus just doesn't ring true. It sounds more like Morgan doesn't like Trump's pugilistic nature.

If thats it then so what. Lots of people don't. But many of us do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:06:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Piers has enough to worry about without looking across the pond ...

Offline PeteS in CA

Trump's style not being to Morgan's taste is very far from failing the American people. And as @dfwgator pointed out, staying silent and letting the Dems' MSM shills control what the American people "know" is tried-and-failed, by every R President since - and including - Ford, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

Trump defeated horses-ass Hilarity w/46% of the vote in 2016.
Since then he has lost the House, barely held the Senate and
polls consistently in the low 40ties.
The cold reality is that he can barely read, contradicts himself 2
to 3 times in the same sentence, wouldn't know fact from fiction
if they were formally introduced and makes a new enemy every
hour of the day. But his Fan Club insist he's a lock for 2020???
Why sure he is......................

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:01:10 pm by Absalom »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

....fan club....    999yawn
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

....fan club....    999yawn

You'd think they could vent their spleen about Trump just one time without also taking a shot at those who aren't entirely in agreement with them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You'd think they could vent their spleen about Trump just one time without also taking a shot at those who aren't entirely in agreement with them.

I don't expect that to happen. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, yeah!  The empress of the mean girls club is finally up and raring to go.   88devil

Offline Absalom

Morgan and Trump were friends from Apprentice Time and he is simply noting Trump's shortcomings.
But Trump's sycophants refuse to accept a discouraging word; so Trump carries on, oblivious and
uninterested in any contrarian opinion; as Election Day looms in the background.

Offline PeteS in CA

Since then he has ... barely held the Senate ...

Well if gaining two seats in the Senate is "barely held the Senate", OK. *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Don't know whats up with Piers he is usually complimentary towards Trump

He is being honest that is what's up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He is being honest that is what's up.

Unlike when he wanted to take the Colonials' muskets away?

Piers Morgan wouldn't know "honesty" if it walked up to him on the street and smacked him across the face with a Mackerel. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unlike when he wanted to take the Colonials' muskets away?

Piers Morgan wouldn't know "honesty" if it walked up to him on the street and smacked him across the face with a Mackerel.
He'd likely report that as an act of Cod.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis