Author Topic: De Blasio warns of ‘dangerous’ NYC budget cuts without billions from feds  (Read 1436 times)

Offline conservativevoter

Back to the Indians?  You're kidding!  No self-respecting Indian would want it!   :beer:

Offline Hoodat

It is why we should have never gone down the debt road in the first place.

Going forward, Americans should take a pro-active role to avoid purchasing products made in China.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online dfwgator

Back to the Indians?  You're kidding!  No self-respecting Indian would want it!   :beer:

Good point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Going forward, Americans should take a pro-active role to avoid purchasing products made in China.

@Hoodat

Which means the most effective way to send a message is to avoid buying ANYTHING from China Outlet Mall (Wal-Mart) if at all possible.

That is actually a "3-fer" because you would be cutting into the dividends that the Bush and the Clinton Crime Families get.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

Which means the most effective way to send a message is to avoid buying ANYTHING from China Outlet Mall (Wal-Mart) if at all possible.

That is actually a "3-fer" because you would be cutting into the dividends that the Bush and the Clinton Crime Families get.

Yes, Wal-Mart has a serious China problem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, Wal-Mart has a serious China problem.

@Hoodat

So does America. Just look at how many local stores doing business selling American-made items have gone out of business since Boy Jorge opened the doors wide to the importation of cheap Chinese crap to please Uncle Prescott (Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce founder and president),the Clintons,and his mama.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online cato potatoe

Who could have predicted this guy would take NY back to the 1970s?  If only somebody had warned us, etc, etc....

Online dfwgator

Who could have predicted this guy would take NY back to the 1970s?  If only somebody had warned us, etc, etc....

They just want that headline in big, bold letters:  "TRUMP TO CITY:  DROP DEAD!"

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Do the Governors have any responsibility whatsoever for the health and well being of their states residents or fiduciary responsibilities anymore? If as so many governors seem to believe, at least the democrats, that the president is responsible for everything than why the hell do the states elect a governor or leutnant governor?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

De Blasio blasts Trump for coronavirus aid: ‘Are you telling NYC to drop dead?’
NY Post, Apr 19, 2020

Mayor Bill de Blasio blasted President Trump in a highly personal attack on Sunday — accusing him of abandoning the Big Apple and leaving it to “drop dead” without more federal funding.

“I need a former New Yorker to step up — President Donald Trump,” Hizzoner said at a press briefing.

He called it a moment Trump “could actually help to save your hometown, or you can turn away and you can fail to protect New Yorkers.”

“And right now, you are failing to protect the very people who you grew up around,” de Blasio said in his tirade, saying the Big Apple gave Trump all the opportunities that made him so successful.

“When New York City’s in need, where are you?” he asked.

Accusing Republicans of failing to approve a stimulus deal, Hizzoner said, “Literally with a snap of his fingers Donald Trump could fix that. If he would just say the word, the Senate would jump.”

“So President Trump, what’s going on? Cat got your tongue?” he asked.

“Mr. Trump, Mr. President, Are you gonna save New York City, or are you telling New York City to drop dead? You have to speak up now,” he said.

Video at link:  https://nypost.com/2020/04/19/de-blasio-attacks-trump-for-lack-of-nyc-coronavirus-aid/

I'm thinking this may have been a strategic mistake, Wilheim.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:31:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Pres. Trump changed his residency to Florida. Both you and Cuomo were happy to see him go. So yeah, drop dead.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50258078

Offline Idiot

Just wow!

Online dfwgator

The Reichsführer just messed with the wrong POTUS.

Offline Idiot

The Reichsführer just messed with the wrong POTUS.
I hope NY didn't need anymore funds because they just went POOF.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

Drive South - John Hiatt, Joe Ely and Lyle Lovett

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Give NYC back to the indians.
If you mean American Indians, I'm not so sure they'd take it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If you mean American Indians, I'm not so sure they'd take it.

I'm not sure if DeCommio would take back the beads that were given to the American Indians in trade for Manhattan Island.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not sure if DeCommio would take back the beads that were given to the American Indians in trade for Manhattan Island.
Twenty six dollars bought a lot in those days. Beads from the era go for a buck or more a piece, (I have some), but they won't touch the inflated property values there today.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
You know, before this happened, more people were moving out of  the city than moving in.

Once this is lifted you’re going to see a mass exodus of people leaving, and who ever is left I don’t think will vote for him. Even if he runs a third term. (it could happen. Bloomberg was a three time mayor)

Personally, I think DiBlasio is way over his head and he’s scrambling. Viva the Peter Principle!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:53:08 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

Cuomo was on TV this morning pitching for more money from the Feds.  He is wanting them to include the $6 billion shortfall he faced back in November due to his own mismanagement.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-