Author Topic: Trump says he will deliver West Point commencement address  (Read 241 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump says he will deliver West Point commencement address
« on: April 18, 2020, 06:44:01 pm »
Trump says he will deliver West Point commencement address
Washington Examiner, Apr 17, 2020, Rob Crilly

President Trump announced that he will deliver the U.S. Military Academy commencement speech next month as both he and his campaign express hope that he can resume campaign rallies ahead of the November election.

The president has left Washington only once during the past month as he took charge of the coronavirus crisis.

His guidelines on social distancing urge people to avoid all but essential travel.  But on Friday, a day after unveiling a road map for states to begin lifting restrictions, he announced he will travel to West Point for the May 23 ceremony.

"I understand they’ll have distancing," he said. "They’ll have some big distance, so it will be very different than it ever looked." “Do I like the look? No, I don’t," he added. "And eventually, next year, they’ll have a commencement like it’s been."

His only previous trip was to Norfolk, Virginia, to see off the USNS Comfort, a hospital ship bound for New York.

It comes as Vice President Mike Pence also resumes travel. On Saturday, he will deliver the commencement address at the Air Force Academy in Colorado.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-says-he-will-deliver-west-point-commencement-address

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump says he will deliver West Point commencement address
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 06:45:00 pm »
Mr. Crilly is deeply disappointed. 

This pleases me   :rolling: