Author Topic: Coronavirus food shortages not happening, Agriculture Sec. Sonny Perdue says  (Read 299 times)

rangerrebew

Published April 15
Coronavirus food shortages not happening, Agriculture Sec. Sonny Perdue says
US has 'plenty of food,' Perdue says

Bare store shelves aren’t a sign that there’s a shortage of food in the United States, U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said.

Perdue, who joined President Trump at the White House coronavirus news briefing Wednesday, said that empty shelves are “a demand issue, not a supply issue.”

“In the United States, we have plenty of food for all of our citizens,” Perdue said.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-food-shortages-not-happening-sonny-perdue?utm_source=american-truth_org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's irritating that some stores limit purchases while farmer dump production due to lack of demand.

Some of these industries are fairly automated so the virus isn't a major concern.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:22:29 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

More bovine excrement from the administration.  Lots or produce, but where are fresh meats, poultry and seafood?  I've tried for 3 weeks to get chicken thighs from a couple of places.  None available.  Yet, I hear, as Free Vulcan said, food is being dumped.  Surely, Smithfield isn't the only meat processor.  Aren't their others to take up the slack?  And I heard one farmer say there is little to no demand from restaurants because they aren't open.  Well, what about those of us who use these products at home? 

It's not that their is a shortage per se, but whatever is out there isn't reaching the consumer.  Mr. Perdue should look into why.