Author Topic: Rallies to reopen economy spread across country as officials urge caution to prevent coronavirus res  (Read 1125 times)

Offline EdinVA

Rallies to reopen economy spread across country as officials urge caution to prevent coronavirus resurgence
A growing wave of rallies are taking place across the country as protesters demand that state governments lift their orders closing businesses and public places as soon as possible, even as officials urge caution to prevent a resurgence of coronavirus.These Americans say they are suffering because of the economic shutdowns nationwide to reduce the spread of the coronavirus and are antsy to resume working and going out in public as usual.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rallies-to-reopen-economy-spread-across-country-as-officials-urge-caution-to-prevent-coronavirus-resurgence

Offline Applewood

This lockdown has gone on long enough for me.  As far as I know, in the small town where I live, there hasn't been a COVID 19 case.  I'm also suspicious of the number of positives (could some of them be false) and the number of deaths attributed to the virus.  How do we know the numbers in both situations aren't artificially inflated to fulfill some sinister agenda? 

I don't know -- maybe shelter in place has helped where the virus allegedly is rampant like NYC or LA.  But I'm not sure it has done anything for my small town.  So why is it still going on here?

I feel for people who are out of work.  Many have applied for unemployment, but who knows when or if they will get a check?  Even the stimulus which was supposed to tie everyone over, is messed up and who knows when or if that check is going to show up? People are desperate.   I don't blame them for their frustration. 

This *bleep* has gone on long enough.  Time to end it.

Offline EdinVA

Don't know what to think...
My son and DIL were just placed into mandatory quarantine for exposure to covid, testing today.... They are young and healthy so fingers crossed...

More angry over the gross incompetence of our government than anything....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe it is just me,but I don think some "officials" understand how dangerous it is going to be to keep the quarantine in place as people who are out of work and sealed inside their houses start to get their vehicles repossessed,get letters from the bank talking about foreclosure on their houses,learn they no longer have health insurance because their (former) employers quit paying it,etc,etc,etc.
,IM
There are people out there who are normally peaceful and non-violent who may be on the verge of popping their corks,and there are more than just a few of them.

Anyone that isn't worried about this is not thinking clearly,IMHO.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Let some States open up and let's see what happens.  If the results are positive, the rest will fall in line.  That is how Federalism is supposed to work, and that is the approach Trump is taking, which is the correct one.

Offline Hoodat

Let some States open up and let's see what happens.  If the results are positive, the rest will fall in line.  That is how Federalism is supposed to work, and that is the approach Trump is taking, which is the correct one.

Agreed.  We should encourage States with Republican governors to open up, and persuade States with Democrat governors to remain closed.  Democrats should be on board with that because it only puts Republican voters at risk while keeping Democrat voters safely locked inside the gulag.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

Don't know what to think...
My son and DIL were just placed into mandatory quarantine for exposure to covid, testing today.... They are young and healthy so fingers crossed...

More angry over the gross incompetence of our government than anything....

Your son and DIL are in my prayers. 

Offline Applewood

Agreed.  We should encourage States with Republican governors to open up, and persuade States with Democrat governors to remain closed.  Democrats should be on board with that because it only puts Republican voters at risk while keeping Democrat voters safely locked inside the gulag.

I notice it's the Democrat-run states like mine which are most resistant to ending this *bleep*  My idiot governor is supposed to be consorting with a few other states about opening for business, but he keeps saying we have to stay closed.  I have to wonder what ulterior motive he has for insisting on keeping the state closed. 

Offline Hoodat

I notice it's the Democrat-run states like mine which are most resistant to ending this *bleep*  My idiot governor is supposed to be consorting with a few other states about opening for business, but he keeps saying we have to stay closed.  I have to wonder what ulterior motive he has for insisting on keeping the state closed.

If it walks like a political motive and talks like a political motive, then it probably is one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If it walks like a political motive and talks like a political motive, then it probably is one.
Conservatives/Republicans work, own businesses. They are makers. They thrive on success, on good. They take and accept risks. They try to be positive.

Liberals/democrats suck on others, government teats. They are takers. They thrive on harm on negativity.,Tthe more the better.

These are not absolute,

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

I have to wonder what ulterior motive he has for insisting on keeping the state closed.
Wait, he has a plan! https://www.governor.pa.gov/plan-for-pennsylvania/  Too bad the "reopening" part of it is so, well, absent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Funny how the citizens in the most Liberal states are the first ones rising up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It doesn't surprise me.

The Spanish flu lockdowns lasted less than a month. There is only so long you can expect people to comply with this level of lockdown.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Polly Ticks

Boo!  Some of us are living in red states with a Democrat governor, isn't that right, @txradioguy .  (You still need to change your name to kyradioguy ... )
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

Wait, he has a plan! https://www.governor.pa.gov/plan-for-pennsylvania/  Too bad the "reopening" part of it is so, well, absent.

And notice how he put all his proposed giveaways first.  I'd like to see him raise all the revenue he will need for these handouts if the taxpayers aren't working and the businesses remain shuttered.

Well, we don't call Wolf "the Goobernor" for nothing.      *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Boo!  Some of us are living in red states with a Democrat governor, isn't that right, @txradioguy .  (You still need to change your name to kyradioguy ... )

Yes I can only imagine how much worse things would be if the Dems had majority control of the State House in Frankfort.

But luck for us there are unbreakable majorities in both houses and the Ag is Republican.

LOL! I tell you what...I end up with a radio job in either Elizabethtown or Louisville and I promise you here with all these witnesses I'll do that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Prediction:

Let the governors of the Republican states re-open for business.
It may work well enough for those states less-infected.
But I would expect to see a few states in which it boomerangs back at them with a rapidly-rising infection rate as a result.

And we will soon discover whether or not epidemiology trumps ideology.

Side note:
Here in Connecticut, infections took a big jump up again today.
1,129 cases yesterday, 925 more today.
And this is a small state, with much of the problem concentrated in the SW portion (Fairfield County). But the tentacles of the virus are "reaching outward"...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Prediction:

But I would expect to see a few states in which it boomerangs back at them with a rapidly-rising infection rate as a result.

And what happens when there is no boomerang and no fear mongering predictions of "rapidly riding infection rates" based on faulty ever changing models?

Side note:
And this is a small state, with much of the problem concentrated in the SW portion (Fairfield County). But the tentacles of the virus are "reaching outward"...

Not surprised in the jump given the fact that Medicaid has told hospitals we'll give you more more money for more suspected cases they report

Online mountaineer

Caleb Hull  @CalebJHull
A source just sent this to me:

Snipers were placed in KY's capital buildings today under the Dem Governor's orders after protestors interrupted his press conference on Wednesday. The snipers were stationed directly across the street from where the protestors were on Wednesday.

4:42 PM · Apr 17, 2020·

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

This is going to get ugly real fast.

Online mountaineer

This is going to get ugly real fast.
I'm afraid it will.

Offline libertybele

Prediction:

Side note:

Some plain logic has to enter into reopening. Example; the southeast coast of southern FL is where they have over 10,000 cases in just 3 counties -- they need to think long and hard before opening.  That's a lot of people.  The other counties have been fortunate because we've sheltered in.  If they open up those 3 counties --- and they start to travel to other parts of FL -- then we are just another NY waiting to happen.  All this sheltering we're doing now, will have been for nothing.  Then what?  Sure everyone wants to get back to work and everyone wants to get back to some normalcy -- but it has to be done very carefully and slowly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:49:12 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

MAYBE an effort to get the election delayed in the hope they can find someone sane and presentable to represent them while finding something to harm Trump at the same time?

We all KNOW the Dims don't want elections. They want a leftist dictatorship. IMHO,their only problem is they are being pushed into coming out of the closet about this before they are ready.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And notice how he put all his proposed giveaways first.  I'd like to see him raise all the revenue he will need for these handouts if the taxpayers aren't working and the businesses remain shuttered.

Well, we don't call Wolf "the Goobernor" for nothing.      *****rollingeyes*****

@Applewood

Have you not been paying any attention all these years????

They will just print it. Problem solved!

Genius,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Caleb Hull  @CalebJHull
A source just sent this to me:

Snipers were placed in KY's capital buildings today under the Dem Governor's orders after protestors interrupted his press conference on Wednesday. The snipers were stationed directly across the street from where the protestors were on Wednesday.

@mountaineer

He sounds like a real charmer. A "man of the people".