Author Topic: Here’s why grocery store shelves are empty  (Read 394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s why grocery store shelves are empty
« on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:57 pm »
Here’s why grocery store shelves are empty

Karen Townsend Posted at 11:01 am on April 15, 2020

There is no shortage of food, according to food industry leaders, yet there are empty shelves in grocery stores. Why is that? The reason goes beyond the fact that people began to hoard items last month. There is also a problem with distribution and the fact that Americans are cooking at home instead of going out to eat.

When the economy began to slow last month, shoppers began hoarding canned goods and cleaning items. The hoarding of toilet paper caught many retailers by surprise. A hoarding mentality took over as shoppers panicked. Along with the hoarding, grocers are experiencing shortages in particular regions and stores. Customers are focusing on a smaller selection of products, making standard abundances of choice unnecessary. Grocery stores often offer 40,000 items for purchase. In other words, shoppers are selecting specific products that must be replenished while other products sit on the shelves.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/04/15/heres-grocery-store-shelves-empty/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Here’s why grocery store shelves are empty
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 10:48:10 pm »
Good article.  Here where I live, the one grocery store across the river in Laughlin (the one grocery store!) closed because they can't get the delivery trucks to come and service the store.  The shelves are empty and they can't refill them, even though the warehouses are full.  It's nuts!  A city the size of Laughlin, Nevada has no grocery store!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 10:49:11 pm »
Good article.  Here where I live, the one grocery store across the river in Laughlin (the one grocery store!) closed because they can't get the delivery trucks to come and service the store.  The shelves are empty and they can't refill them, even though the warehouses are full.  It's nuts!  A city the size of Laughlin, Nevada has no grocery store!
The danger in this is that food riots are only so far away....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »
The danger in this is that food riots are only so far away....

I know that my last 3 pickup orders were shorted of meat.  Not sure that is a trend, but sure inconvenient.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 11:10:51 pm »
I know that my last 3 pickup orders were shorted of meat.  Not sure that is a trend, but sure inconvenient.

I had gone to Food Town in the peak of the panic buying and they had full coolers of meat. Their produce also looked like a normal day.