Author Topic: Banks report service 'issues' as Americans check balances for stimulus checks  (Read 382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Banks report service 'issues' as Americans check balances for stimulus checks
By Justine Coleman - 04/15/20 02:17 PM EDT

Several banks are reporting service “issues” Wednesday, while Americans are checking their balances for the federal stimulus checks.

Banks across the country say their websites, applications and their phone lines are experiencing problems as high volumes of traffic have frequented their sites.

About 80 million Americans were scheduled to receive their coronavirus stimulus checks through direct deposit by Wednesday, prompting many to check their accounts.

Fifth Third Bank posted that its applications and phone lines are “experiencing intermittent and temporary issues.”

“We are working as quickly as possible to restore these services for affected customers,” the bank tweeted. “We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/banking-financial-institutions/492969-banks-report-service-issues-as-americans-check
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Logging on to my bank has been almost impossible since last
friday.. 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Logging on to my bank has been almost impossible since last
friday.. 9999hair out0000

Change banks.

Offline Applewood

There is a website to check to find out if your check went out, but you need your 2019 or 2018 tax return handy and you have to wait forever for the page to load.  The H with that.  I checked my bank account online and no, the money isn't there yet.  I suspect the ones who filed their 2029 return will get theirs first.  Mine isn't filed yet.

Offline libertybele

There is a website to check to find out if your check went out, but you need your 2019 or 2018 tax return handy and you have to wait forever for the page to load.  The H with that.  I checked my bank account online and no, the money isn't there yet.  I suspect the ones who filed their 2029 return will get theirs first.  Mine isn't filed yet.

Nope, didn't file my 2019 either as I'm pretty sure, we'll probably owe.  Chances are IF we get a stimulus the money will help pay taxes. :(
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I logged on to my on-line banking early this morning and see the deposit was made. I did have some issues with logging on Friday and Monday.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I get an email each month when a direct deposit social security happens.

Nothing yet on the stimulus.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

Nope, didn't file my 2019 either as I'm pretty sure, we'll probably owe.  Chances are IF we get a stimulus the money will help pay taxes. :(

I keep telling people that money, one way or the other, will be returned to the feds.  You never get something for nothing.