Author Topic: Laid-off workers being told by state they are ineligible for unemployment  (Read 471 times)

Online libertybele

Unbelievable.  DeSantis' reaction speaks volumes and could cost him his re-election. I have lost ALL  confidence in the man and his handling of this situation has been terrible.  People have been without $$ or any kind of help for well over a month.  More schools are providing a meal to go -- but one meal a day 5 days a weeks hardly puts a dent in what's needed. What about gas, rent, electricity, water, etc??  The kicker is that apparently the State of FL isn't prepared to pay the additional $600/wk that was promised!  So, where does that fault lie, with the State or with the Feds?  All kinds of promises but nothing is happening!

Laid-off workers being told by state they are ineligible for unemployment

Thousands of laid-off workers are being told by the state they are ineligible for unemployment.

For many people, it’s the first thing they’ve heard from the state since trying to file, but it’s the last thing anyone wants to hear as funds run short.

Congress signed the Cares Act on March 27, which called for $2 trillion to help people, but NBC-2 is learning the state of Florida has not implemented the act yet, and that is having a devastating impact on many laid-off workers............

Governor Ron DeSantis told reporters on Monday he did not want to reveal how many people have been paid unemployment.

“I don’t want to give you a number. I reviewed them this morning but there have been claims paid,” DeSantis said.

When pressed on the issue the governor exited the meeting with department heads.

“I’ve got to go and run and get on a couple of calls but we have these folks will be here if you have additional questions for any of the agency heads,” as he said walking out of the meeting.........

..............NBC-2 did talk to one Naples man who confirmed he did get his unemployment compensation but he clarified it was only the state’s portion of the money and he said he had not received the $600 the federal government promised. That would indicate Florida still isn’t prepared to distribute the money...............

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42002257/laidoff-workers-being-told-by-state-they-are-ineligible-for-unemployment
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.