Author Topic: VA Governor Signs Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill  (Read 2430 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Governor Ralph Northam (D) signed legislation Saturday creating universal background checks in Virginia and limiting law-abiding Virginians to one handgun purchase per month.

Northam’s office announced his signature on Senate Bill 70 / House Bill 2, creating the universal checks and thereby outlawing private gun sales.

He signed Senate Bill 69 / House Bill 812 resurrecting Virginia’s “one-handgun-a-month rule to help curtail stockpiling of firearms and trafficking.”

Northam used a tweet to refer to these gun controls as “commonsense gun safety measures,” but he did not mention that they would not have prevented the May 31, 2019 Virginia Beach shooting that he used as an impetus for gun control.

He also signed other controls into law, including requirements that gun owners report stolen firearms within 48 hours of the theft or face “civil penalty.” This puts the onus for a gun theft on the gun owner, rather than the individual who stole the firearm.

Democrats won control of Virginia’s legislature in November 2019 and, just days after their victory, Northam made clear there would be a war on guns. That war originally included all-out bans on certain categories of firearms, on ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds, and on firearm suppressors. However, Democrats reformulated their push after facing widespread public backlash over their gun control agenda.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/11/va-governor-signs-universal-background-checks-gun-rationing-bill/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: VA Governor Signs Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 10:14:35 pm »
Meanwhile...while everyone is distracted with the Chinese Virus...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 10:32:19 pm »
Too bad there is no opposition party in Virginia.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 11:21:16 pm »
Easier to pass stuff like this when no one is allowed to protest in the streets, now, ain't it?

The next run should be on tar, feathers, and rope.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 06:57:26 pm »
Too bad there is no opposition party in Virginia.
Well 23 sets ran unopposed, sadly the Pubbies woke to late.
I really thought he got 5the message on Lobby day but he does not give a shit since he can't run again for four more years.
Quite a few of the Reps and some members of the senate heard it loud and clear, but were out numbered.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 09:14:37 pm »
verga wrote:
"Quite a few of the Reps and some members of the senate heard it loud and clear, but were out numbered."

Just like Jim Morrison wrote years ago in "Five to One":
"They got the guns, but we got the numbers..."

Do you see that changing in the future...?

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 11:12:55 am »
verga wrote:
"Quite a few of the Reps and some members of the senate heard it loud and clear, but were out numbered."

Just like Jim Morrison wrote years ago in "Five to One":
"They got the guns, but we got the numbers..."

Do you see that changing in the future...?
I really do. On Lobby day the streets were packed. There are on Easter Sunday he declared that any open business must allow trannies to use  the bathroom of the gender they identify as. Two of my Gay friends said this was the last straw for them, they will be voting straight Republican from now on.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 11:21:01 am »
Meanwhile...while everyone is distracted with the Chinese Virus...
Who knows what else is going on in Dem-controlled states that we haven't yet heard about!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 12:28:55 am »
Who knows what else is going on in Dem-controlled states that we haven't yet heard about!

Almost like it was planned that way

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 12:37:34 am »
Almost like it was planned that way
Let no crisis go to waste!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 12:40:00 am »
Let no crisis go to waste!

That has and is happening from the federal level down to the city level and in some cases there's not a (D) like you'd expect beside the politicians name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 02:38:04 pm »
Guess who is planning to run for President as a Dim in 2024.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 02:47:38 pm »
Guess who is planning to run for President as a Dim in 2024.

Virginia being the Mother of Presidents, I had expected Mark Warner to throw his hat in the ring years ago.  But black-face Northam doesn't stand a chance.  (And Tim Kaine makes Joe Biden look like Albert Einstein).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 03:14:35 pm »
Virginia being the Mother of Presidents, I had expected Mark Warner to throw his hat in the ring years ago.  But black-face Northam doesn't stand a chance.  (And Tim Kaine makes Joe Biden look like Albert Einstein).
Hard to believe the state of Washington, Madison, Jefferson, et al., now produces idiots like Northam, Warner and Kaine. A sad thing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 03:17:34 pm »
Easier to pass stuff like this when no one is allowed to protest in the streets, now, ain't it?

The next run should be on tar, feathers, and rope.

If you want to still be able to protest in the streets elect conservative leadership in your state.

There are protests outside the Ohio Statehouse on a regular basis these days. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 03:22:16 pm »
Virginia being the Mother of Presidents, I had expected Mark Warner to throw his hat in the ring years ago. 

@Hoodat

Warner was too moderate to even be considered for the top spot.

But black-face Northam doesn't stand a chance. 
(

I strongly disagree. I see him as the front runner in 2024 amongst the Dims.  His record on restricting rights and confiscating/restricting the rights to own guns alone will make him a Dim super star.

Granted,his Va accent is going to hurt him in the North and the West,but no so much the party "muscle" can't slap the voters back into place.

And Tim Kaine makes Joe Biden look like Albert Einstein).

Kaine is my worst fear. He would have the same appeal as Northam,but no southern accent.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 03:29:59 pm »
Kaine is my worst fear. He would have the same appeal as Northam,but no southern accent.

Kaine couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted him the C and the A.  He challenges Patty Murray for the title of Dumbest US Senator.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 04:01:48 pm »
Kaine couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted him the C and the A.  He challenges Patty Murray for the title of Dumbest US Senator.
Perfect, as long as he can read the script and follow instructions.

The Democrats' leaders are off the radar, they just need an acceptable sockpuppet.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 09:20:29 pm »
Well, looks like ol' Virginny is a blue state now.

Probably no goin' back. I'd like to see that prediction proven wrong.

Best to head west or south...!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 09:50:00 pm »
Kaine couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted him the C and the A.   

@Hoodat

Since when has even having the IQ of a stray cat been a basic requirement to be a Dim president?

Granted,as evil as he is,Bubba was and is pretty damn sharp,but he was an exception.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 11:34:36 pm »
@Hoodat

Since when has even having the IQ of a stray cat been a basic requirement to be a Dim president?

Granted,as evil as he is,Bubba was and is pretty damn sharp,but he was an exception.
He wasn't sharp enough to keep it out of the papers, even if they did good damage control.
I would have loved to be able to view the rants in the West Wing over that mess (from a safe distance on an untraceable feed). I bet they were epic. She's the evil genius of the two, and rode his coattails to the threshold of real power.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 03:01:34 am »
He wasn't sharp enough to keep it out of the papers, even if they did good damage control.
I would have loved to be able to view the rants in the West Wing over that mess (from a safe distance on an untraceable feed). I bet they were epic. She's the evil genius of the two, and rode his coattails to the threshold of real power.

@Smokin Joe

Not a chance. He played her like a yo-yo on a string.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 03:11:39 am »
@Smokin Joe

Not a chance. He played her like a yo-yo on a string.
Yes and no.
She was the one with the 900+ FBI raw data files on ranking and up and coming Republicans, dumping the dirt to the DNC on a LAN when most people didn't know what a LAN was.
She did damage control for him to keep from losing her job, eff him.
She stuck to him through the scandals to be near the halls of power to retain influence and to have the position of "co-president" to use as a springboard. She could be just another divorcee any time, but FLOTUS had juice, and she played it up in the media every bit as well or better than the Wookie, because she didn't have the 'first black first lady' chops to leverage.
She cut a deal with Obama to drop out to be Secretary of State (far better money through controlling international deals, gets her 'foreign policy' ticket punched, and less supervision by the press), all in preparation for a run at the brass ring.

Her foundation is brimming with 'speaking fees' that paid more for an hour or two than most in this country make in a year, and those are just to cover for more circumspect bribes and siphoned off 'relief' funds.

She ain't no slouch, and is not to be underestimated, imho.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2020, 03:17:23 am »
Yes and no.
She was the one with the 900+ FBI raw data files on ranking and up and coming Republicans, dumping the dirt to the DNC on a LAN when most people didn't know what a LAN was.
She did damage control for him to keep from losing her job, eff him.
She stuck to him through the scandals to be near the halls of power to retain influence and to have the position of "co-president" to use as a springboard. She could be just another divorcee any time, but FLOTUS had juice, and she played it up in the media every bit as well or better than the Wookie, because she didn't have the 'first black first lady' chops to leverage.
She cut a deal with Obama to drop out to be Secretary of State (far better money through controlling international deals, gets her 'foreign policy' ticket punched, and less supervision by the press), all in preparation for a run at the brass ring.

Her foundation is brimming with 'speaking fees' that paid more for an hour or two than most in this country make in a year, and those are just to cover for more circumspect bribes and siphoned off 'relief' funds.

She ain't no slouch, and is not to be underestimated, imho.

@Smokin Joe

And without Bubba as the front man,she would be a co-owner of a strip mall law office named something like "Two Bitches wat bees lawyers."

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 03:18:37 am »
@Smokin Joe

And without Bubba as the front man,she would be a co-owner of a strip mall law office named something like "Two Bitches wat bees lawyers."
Maybe so, but someone had to keep him out of the blow long enough to be presentable in front of the cameras.

C S Lewis