Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest: Major Meat Processors Shutting Down Plants As Employees Get Sick With COVID-19  (Read 434 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Coronavirus Latest: Major Meat Processors Shutting Down Plants As Employees Get Sick With COVID-19
April 9, 2020 at 11:20 am

SOUDERTON, Pa. (CNN) — Across the country, major meat processors are starting to shut down plants as employees are getting infected by coronavirus. Tyson, one of the world’s largest meat processors, suspended operations at its Columbus Junction, Iowa, pork plant this week after more than two dozen workers contracted Covid-19 there.

Tyson said it would divert livestock that was headed to Columbus Junction to other pork plants in the region to minimize the impact on its production.

JBS USA, another major meat processor, has stopped operations at its beef plant in Souderton, Pennsylvania with plans to reopen April 16, after two weeks. The company decided to close the facility after several members of the plant’s management team stopped going to work because they were experiencing flu-like symptoms, a company representative explained, adding that all other JBS USA’s plants are still open. Cargill has also paused operations at its protein plant in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, where 900 people typically work.

more
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-latest-major-meat-processors-shutting-down-plants-as-employees-get-sick-with-covid-19/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Got some numbers?

Nah, not needed in new journalism.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I would assume that almost every meat produce coming in your home needs to be cooked and handled with care (wash it with bleach water while still in wrapping and cook it well). Far as I know, cooking well kills the virus. So I ain't giving up on my bacon or beef.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....