Author Topic: White House has no plans to change Trump's coronavirus briefings as criticism mounts  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House has no plans to change Trump's coronavirus briefings as criticism mounts
by Rob Crilly
 | April 09, 2020 03:12 PM

First came some discussion of a pardon for Joe Exotic, the star of Netflix ratings winner Tiger King. And then, President Trump hinted he had secret dirt that would bring down sleepy Joe Biden.

It was only after an hour and 20 minutes of Wednesday’s coronavirus briefing, when most channels had switched away, that the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention took the podium to unveil new guidance on getting critical workers back to their jobs.

Such episodes have prompted a chorus of questions about whether Trump’s daily appearances in the briefing room are the best way to keep an anxious public abreast of an unfolding crisis.

Key aides say there is no plan to shake up a strategy that has seen the president’s approval rate climb, even as one noteworthy ally warned the briefings now amount to a “wasted opportunity.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-has-no-plans-to-change-trumps-coronavirus-briefings-as-criticism-mounts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

The problem isn't Trump. The problem is the "journalists". All they do is waste time with questions meant to make Trump look bad.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

The problem isn't Trump. The problem is the "journalists". All they do is waste time with questions meant to make Trump look bad.

Exactly.  Then you have idiots like the red headed broad on the View who flaps her jaws and is all up in arms because Trump treats the press so terribly. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I've noticed the President gives updates about supply, private sector partnerships, the reopening of the economy, ... takes some questions and leaves. 

Apparently, even he's had it with the graphs and charts.   88devil

I know I tune out when the President leaves ... I've no more patience for the good doctors, especially the leprechaun. 

The White House will now be administering COVID-19 tests to all journalists who will be present at the daily briefing with @realDonaldTrump, per @whca and the @WhiteHouse— Jeff Mason (@jeffmason1) April 9, 2020

This may explain why "reporters" are not yet seated for today's briefing. 

Online Lando Lincoln

I follow it as much as possible but I have grown weary of it.  I support President Trump but his manner of expressing thoughts can drive me to the edge at times. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Today's briefing is delayed because POTUS is on a conference call with Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Offline bilo

I've noticed the President gives updates about supply, private sector partnerships, the reopening of the economy, ... takes some questions and leaves. 

Apparently, even he's had it with the graphs and charts.   88devil

I know I tune out when the President leaves ... I've no more patience for the good doctors, especially the leprechaun.

Me too!

I think the leprechaun is enjoying this a little too much and some times comes across as though he thinks he makes the decisions. His role is to give sound information to the POTUS. It is the POTUS who makes the decisions.

Offline bilo

I follow it as much as possible but I have grown weary of it.  I support President Trump but his manner of expressing thoughts can drive me to the edge at times.

I agree, but when he confronts the "journalists" it's worth the wait.

Ultimately, it's the decisions that Trump makes that are his strength. He always puts America first and the safety of Americans first. Thank God we had Trump during this and not hillary or sleepy joe.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Shame on the Press for not covering President Trump.  I respect my President for caring enough about a nation losing 2k Americans daily to stand in front of a hostile press and demonstrate his knowledge of the virus, reveal what can be revealed about how people and businesses are creating solutions, and answer their nasty questions.  I have seen President Trump rise above the acrimonious press many times in the last 3 weeks, and I have understood why he felt justified when he couldn't resist a taunt.  I think President Trump's approval has risen despite his occasional fights with the media, but regardless, there is a comfort in seeing my President focused on my concerns 2 hours a day.  He should extend them to 4 hours a day and rotate more people in.  Make the reporters rush for the bathroom after the conference instead the computer.
 *bouche*

Offline Applewood

It's really a simple matter.  If the networks aren't happy, they don't have to cover these events live.  They can just report on them later.  Why don't the networks have a "pool" reporter present to take down what transpires, then give it to the networks to report? 

And you know -- if the audience doesn't want to watch, they don't have to.  I don't.    It's an individual decision to watch or not.  No one has a gun to anyone else's head.  This isn't a dictatorship where the citizens have to watch dear leader every time he's on tv.