Author Topic: Prisoners wearing full hazmat suits bury caskets in mass grave on New York's Hart Island amid specul  (Read 844 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8205237/Prisoners-hazmat-suits-continue-dig-mass-graves-NYCs-Hart-Island.html

Prisoners wearing full hazmat suits bury caskets in mass grave on New York's Hart Island amid speculation it's a burial site for coronavirus victims as city's death roll rises to 4,260

By Emily Crane
April 9, 2020

Prisoners wearing hazmat suits and other protective gear have been spotted burying caskets in a mass grave on New York's Hart Island amid speculation coronavirus victims are now being buried there. 

About a dozen prisoners were seen digging and burying the caskets on Thursday as at least one refrigerated truck was brought onto the island.

At least 45 caskets - some of which had names carved into them - appeared to be buried in the mass grave on Thursday morning alone. 

Prisoners from Rikers Island are regularly brought over to dig graves on Hart Island but they are normally dressed in their prison uniforms. The majority of those digging on Thursday were dressed in white, head-to-toe hazmat suits amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

The refrigerated truck that was brought onto the island is similar to those currently parked outside hospitals across Manhattan as part of makeshift morgues set up to deal with the number of people dying from the coronavirus outbreak. 

Authorities have not officially confirmed if coronavirus patients are currently being buried on Hart Island despite morgues overflowing across the city and the death toll continuing to rise.

More at URL above...

Poster's note:
Sorry for the long title and large image.
Moderators, please adjust to your needs if required.

Offline musiclady

Well now, this is disturbing....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So that's where they are hiding the money!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

I agree....very disturbing......

Offline LadyLiberty

Prisoners from Rikers Island are regularly brought over to dig graves on Hart Island but they are normally dressed in their prison uniforms.

So this is nothing new?  Except that with having to wear hazmat suits, it is extremely likely that most would be victims of the virus.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don't the deceased have family?... At least some of them?  Wouldn't they be allowed to bury their dead?

Offline Smokin Joe

Hart Island serves as New York City's Potters Field.
Burials of the indigent are conducted by Rikers Island Inmates.
It is estimated that over a million are buried there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wow.  I never knew this.

Offline musiclady

I think I found that out on a Blue Bloods.  happy77

Wasn’t it a prison for Confederate soldiers before that?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

Wow.  I never knew this.
Wikipedia is our friend (well, can be).

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
.....amid speculation.....

jounalism today
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

I think I found that out on a Blue Bloods.  happy77

Wasn’t it a prison for Confederate soldiers before that?
Yes, it was. About 1 in 15 interned there died.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-coronavirus-covid-19-hart-island-pottersfield-city-cemetery-burials-2020-4

As coronavirus infections peak in New York City, its morgues are quickly running out of room, exceeding their already vastly expanded capacity.

The city's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) quietly posted a significant but subtle policy change to its website: Instead of holding some bodies in refrigerated city storage for 30 days until they are claimed by families, the city will now hold them for less than half that time.

On Thursday, OCME's site said decedents who are not claimed by a funeral home within two weeks would be sent to the Bronx's Hart Island, where a graveyard called City Cemetery contains more than 1 million unclaimed bodies — the largest such site in the US.

"As we aim to accommodate the many New Yorkers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner will provide temporary storage of a decedent for up to 14 days," the office said on its website. "If a decedent has not been claimed within 14 days, the decedent will be transferred for temporary interment at City Cemetery."

More at link...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:49:10 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh FFS! Hart Island has been the site of NYC's potter's fields for a long time.
Indigents and the unclaimed have been buried in mass graves there.
If you consider there are over 1 million interred there, this has been going on for a while (since 1869), and is nothing new.

Either that or the price of an apartment should be getting a lot cheaper in town all of a sudden.

Just think, it has only taken the media 151 years to discover it.

Maybe in a few years they will talk of the Yankees ending the military occupation of MD....

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm sorry this has happened to you.
Seriously? Hart Island has been used as a potters field by the City of New York for over 150 years, standard burials in groups (stacks ) of 3, pine boxes, along a trench and NOW! ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! It is news!???
OMG! They're burying New Yorkers in MASS GRAVES!!!!!

Yep. just like they've done for 150+ years.
All that has changed is the hold time before interment.

More of the MSM flinging poo at the glass, preying on the "mass grave/pandemic" panic mode of the ignorant.
Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Island_(Bronx)

Then have the guts to call this what it is. More MSM nonsense horror optics aimed at the White House.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Wow.  I never knew this.

It was on an episode of Law and Order Criminal Intent. True story. Some man who was a child star took a turn for the worse , ended up homeless back in the day when Times Square had prostitution and died. I can’t recall the story but years later his family found him and removed him there and gave him a burial in their cemetery.

It freaked me out and had me bawling like a baby. It’s so fricking sad
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️