Author Topic: Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again'  (Read 1300 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again'
« on: April 09, 2020, 02:26:15 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-i-dont-think-we-should-shake-hands-ever-again/ar-BB12lQRz

by Marty Johnson
April 8, 2020

"I don't think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country," the doctor added.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

Re: Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 03:43:40 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-i-dont-think-we-should-shake-hands-ever-again/ar-BB12lQRz

by Marty Johnson
April 8, 2020

"I don't think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country," the doctor added.

(excerpt)

Idiot.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 05:28:06 pm »
He's finally telling us the truth about the crap he believes.  We should listen.  He's nearing the end of his usefulness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 05:35:59 pm »
What a bizarre thing to say. He obviously sees no end at all to the quarantine.
So thousands of years of common social behavior is now out the window.
Ridiculous overreaction.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 05:42:25 pm »
Ridiculous overreaction.

888high58888  Asinine and Ridiculous!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 05:43:11 pm »
Ridiculous overreaction.

He's more of a germophobe than Trump's reputed to be.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »
Ridiculous overreaction.

Yep.

Stupid, stupid, stupid......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 05:57:07 pm »
Yep.

Stupid, stupid, stupid......

Which is close to the point I've been making.  I'm concerned this will lead to a generally tighter control on liberty (after COVID passes on), and I'm also wondering if zealots like this get to hold the new leashes.

While I can agree something serious is going on, I can be simultaneously worried somebody's going to take advantage of the societal flux and mold a new "normal," minus some freedom.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »
Well that settles that.

Trump needs to replace him pronto.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »

Ridiculous overreaction.

Par for the course.

I rest my case.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 06:39:29 pm »
Which is close to the point I've been making.  I'm concerned this will lead to a generally tighter control on liberty (after COVID passes on), and I'm also wondering if zealots like this get to hold the new leashes.

While I can agree something serious is going on, I can be simultaneously worried somebody's going to take advantage of the societal flux and mold a new "normal," minus some freedom.

It’s a valid concern.  But there are a whole lot  more people involved than this one guy.  I wouldn’t draw any conclusions based on this one (cockamamie) opinion.

I mean, really?  Does anyone think there’s going to be an edict forbidding us from shaking hands?

It’s pretty much as absurd as when Trump acted like he was going to demand us to say “Merry Christmas.”   Ain’t gonna happen! happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 06:42:05 pm »
It’s a valid concern.  But there are a whole lot  more people involved than this one guy.  I wouldn’t draw any conclusions based on this one (cockamamie) opinion.

I mean, really?  Does anyone think there’s going to be an edict forbidding us from shaking hands?

It’s pretty much as absurd as when Trump acted like he was going to demand us to say “Merry Christmas.”   Ain’t gonna happen! happy77

The states are the ones who have actually enacted the social restrictions. Not the federal government.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 06:47:00 pm »
The states are the ones who have actually enacted the social restrictions. Not the federal government.
...but most of those states are making their decisions based on both federal and international (WHO) recommendations.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 06:52:47 pm »

A significant point.  That’s one of the most important aspects of this whole situation.  State and local governments are making the calls for their people.  Where we are seeing any abuses, it’s in states with leftist governments, and they abuse power all the time.

The solution is for conservatives to elect conservative local and state governments so they’ll have less to worry about.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 06:54:50 pm »

The left wing has a new, very potent tool in their toolbox, along with the ‘ism’ charges, government shut downs over the budget, etc
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:08:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 06:58:11 pm »
...but most of those states are making their decisions based on both federal and international (WHO) recommendations.

I’m not hearing that here.

It’s been pretty much state and locally driven...... way ahead of any federal instruction.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 07:16:18 pm »
A significant point.  That’s one of the most important aspects of this whole situation.  State and local governments are making the calls for their people.  Where we are seeing any abuses, it’s in states with leftist governments, and they abuse power all the time.

The solution is for conservatives to elect conservative local and state governments so they’ll have less to worry about.

Yep.  State and Local Government has much more impact on your life than who is in the White House.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 07:43:04 pm »
Par for the course.

I rest my case.
Well, I guess me and him will never cut a deal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 07:46:24 pm »
Yep.  State and Local Government has much more impact on your life than who is in the White House.
Right up to the point where federal funding is tied to a bit of legislation here or a requirement there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 07:52:00 pm »

by Marty Johnson
April 8, 2020

(excerpt)

Who knew that one days farce maybe the reality the farcical wish to saddle us with?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 07:53:29 pm »

Exactly.

Small businesses here will come out of this fine because it’s a priority of conservative leadership.  Freedoms are being protected even while temporary restrictions are taking place, and things will return more quickly to normal, again, because it is a conservative priority.

Our state and local governments are calling the shots, and because of the integrity of our leaders, I have confidence that they can be trusted to do what they say they will do.

And I’m old enough and cynical enough to not be a bit naive here.

Just glad that federalism is still enough in effect to give me that confidence.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 08:28:06 pm »
Personally I’d have no problem what so ever with never having to shake hands with strangers again.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in meetings with consultants or clients or on job interviews and shaking hands with either limp wristed people with disturbingly sweaty palms, with the amount of sweat that makes you want to wipe your hand off on your pants or pull a tissue out of your pocket, or people who think that if they grip your hand so hard as to the point of dislocating fingers, that this somehow makes their negotiation strategy stronger – "I grip your hand tightly, how tightly will you grip mine? Now let’s get ready to rumble!"

Also with the all the hugging. Please stop. Unless you are a close relative or very long time and very personal friend, please don’t hug me. And absolutely do not go in for the cheek kiss. Ug!

I kind of like the polite Japanese bow or the Vulcan – Live Long and Prosper.

The Birth Of "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYbpMkH_XQ

:yowsa:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 08:33:58 pm »
I went to see my surgeon today over some up coming surgery.  He did not seem to mind shaking my hand (bare handed).

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 08:41:14 pm »
Personally I’d have no problem what so ever with never having to shake hands with strangers again.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in meetings with consultants or clients or on job interviews and shaking hands with either limp wristed people with disturbingly sweaty palms, with the amount of sweat that makes you want to wipe your hand off on your pants or pull a tissue out of your pocket, or people who think that if they grip your hand so hard as to the point of dislocating fingers, that this somehow makes their negotiation strategy stronger – "I grip your hand tightly, how tightly will you grip mine? Now let’s get ready to rumble!"

Also with the all the hugging. Please stop. Unless you are a close relative or very long time and very personal friend, please don’t hug me. And absolutely do not go in for the cheek kiss. Ug!

Well, the dead fish handshakes are people I just don't trust, and the ones who try to break bones, they are people who think they have something to prove, so I'm wary of them, too.
As a rule, though, those handshakes are a valuable tool in reading someone.
I'd like to keep that in my arsenal.
I have sealed five figure deals over a good, firm handshake.

Earnest hugs from people I know are one thing, from those I do not, well, I check my pockets.

And I'm with you on the cheek kiss thing.
Sticking lips up next to my face and going "Mwah", well, to me that doesn't count for much.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 09:11:43 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYbpMkH_XQ

I'm screwed... I can't do that "live long an prosper" hand thing... My fingers won't do it... I don't know what that means... Something defective I guess...