Author Topic: New Data Shows U.S. Companies Are Definitely Leaving China  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: New Data Shows U.S. Companies Are Definitely Leaving China
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2020, 03:54:57 am »
It has been some years since I read the info, so I can't t supply a link.

There is a book I read a long time ago. Published late 50's or early 60's.

Level 7 by Mordecai Roshwald

I have the thought that if anyone would go nuke in a war it would be the CCP leaders. As long as THEY thought THEY would survive to hell with the rest of the world.
I read that, long ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2020, 03:57:56 am »
Had to look this up.

The reactors proved robust seismically, but vulnerable to the tsunami. Power, from grid or backup generators, was available to run the residual heat removal (RHR) system cooling pumps at eight of the eleven units, and despite some problems they achieved 'cold shutdown' within about four days. The other three, at Fukushima Daiichi, lost power at 3.42 pm, almost an hour after the earthquake, when the entire site was flooded by the 15-metre tsunami. This disabled 12 of 13 back-up generators onsite and also the heat exchangers for dumping reactor waste heat and decay heat to the sea. The three units lost the ability to maintain proper reactor cooling and water circulation functions. Electrical switchgear was also disabled.

So they lost power to the cooling system and couldn't restore it before those cores melted.

Interesting they survived the earthquake but not the tsunami. You would think an eventuality, like a tsunami, would be taken into account for a facility built next to the ocean.  :shrug:
IIRC, there was a tsunami barrier, but it just wasn't tall enough. No one anticipated a tsunami of that magnitude.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2020, 04:50:58 am »
@bigheadfred

I agree. Eisenhower may have been a clerk,but he was a SMART clerk.

I have to wonder how many people alive today has even heard of his "military industrial complex" speech?

If anyone asks you,you can explain it today in one word,"Afghanistan".

Take it back to 9/11. The only f;ucking thing that made Bush was that. And the narrative of BS ad nauseam thru obama.

I keep telling everyone te ONLY reason we are still in F ghanistan is to protect our secret underground nuclear submarine bases.

I could go on and on about the Bush's bllshit. But I think you already know.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 11:54:19 am »
Take it back to 9/11. The only f;ucking thing that made Bush was that. And the narrative of BS ad nauseam thru obama.

I keep telling everyone te ONLY reason we are still in F ghanistan is to protect our secret underground nuclear submarine bases.

I could go on and on about the Bush's bllshit. But I think you already know.
Whenever we are in a land war in Asia, there is Opium involved somewhere.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2020, 01:00:15 pm »
Whenever we are in a land war in Asia, there is Opium involved somewhere.

@Smokin Joe

The ONE constant is that there will be "big" people making "big money".

We have people serving in Afghanistan now that weren't even born when the Bush Crime Family got us mired in that mess so he could win an election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 01:42:38 pm »
McCarthy was before me. Was he wrong?

@Bigun  @sneakypete

Patton was right in his own way. But HE didn't have to deal with both sides of the face. The political face of war. And war.

IMO, the final speech from President Eisenhower regarding the threat of the military industrial complex said enough.

@bigheadfred @sneakypete

Tailgunner Joe McCarthy has been proven correct across the board and you can read all about it in this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-History-Senator-McCarthy-Americas/dp/B003YV18DU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1G9LTXQJTB8LM&dchild=1&keywords=blacklisted+by+history+the+untold+story+of+senator+joe+mccarthy&qid=1586612409&sprefix=Blacklisted+by+history%2Caps%2C664&sr=8-1

And the fact that then young Richard Nixon was a friend and ally of Senator McCarthy tells you why the left had to destroy him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien