Author Topic: Trump says IG report finding hospital shortages is 'just wrong'  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says IG report finding hospital shortages is 'just wrong'
By Peter Sullivan - 04/06/20 06:37 PM EDT

President Trump on Monday claimed that an inspector general report finding "severe" shortages of supplies at hospitals to fight the novel coronavirus is "just wrong."

Trump did not provide evidence for why the conclusions of the 34-page report are wrong.

He implied that he is mistrustful of inspectors general more broadly. He recently fired the inspector general of the intelligence community, which has drawn outrage from Democrats.

"Did I hear the word inspector general?" Trump said in response to the reporter's question about the findings.

"It's just wrong," Trump said of the report.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/491454-trump-says-ig-report-finding-hospital-shortages-is-just-wrong
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump says IG report finding hospital shortages is 'just wrong'
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:04:30 am »
http://www.kake.com/story/41979566/fact-check-trump-disputes-hhs-ig-report-repeats-several-other-false-claims-at-mondays-coronavirus-briefing

Facts First: There's no evidence to suggest anything about the report is wrong, or that it was somehow politically motivated. The report was independently launched by the HHS OIG and based on interviews conducted between March 23 and 27 with administrators at more than 300 hospitals across 46 states, Puerto Rico and Washington, DC. The report found hospitals faced testing shortages and longer than usual wait times for coronavirus test results.

The report's findings of shortages at key hospitals also corroborated previous press reports from hospitals in New York and elsewhere, which are facing severe shortages of vital medical equipment. According to the HHS report, its purpose is to provide a snapshot of hospitals' experiences amid a growing number of coronavirus cases and doesn't serve as a review of the department's response to the outbreak.

The senior HHS OIG officials who oversaw this watchdog report are both women: Ann Maxwell, the assistant inspector general for evaluation and inspections, and Christi Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general. Grimm, whose name is on the report, is a career official who entered her current role in January but has been with HHS since 1999, serving under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

They can both kiss their jobs good bye.  Smart, talented and experienced = Deep State.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:45:31 am »
Is this report based on the IHME projections (which have 10 times the number of dead we actually have had in this State)?

Curious, because there is still no projected shortage of beds in this State, even with the crazy high numbers in the projections.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:21:59 pm »
3 Weeks Ago Newsom Said 25.5 Million People in California Would be Infected with Coronavirus Over 8-Week Period - Actual Number Today? ... 15,247
By Cristina Laila
Published April 6, 2020 at 12:49pm
Three weeks ago Governor Gavin Newsom projected that 56% of California’s population — or 25.5 million people will be infected with the Wuhan Coronavirus over an 8-week period.

Since we are nearly at the halfway point of Newsom’s prediction, we thought we would check in.

As of Monday morning, California has 15,247 confirmed COVID-19 infections and 350 deaths — OUT OF about 40 MILLION PEOPLE! ...
More at Gateway Pundit
Seems to me a lot of projections are being proven wrong. Such hysteria, such hyperbole.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 01:38:30 pm »
Three weeks ago Governor Gavin Newsom projected that 56% of California’s population — or 25.5 million people will be infected with the Wuhan Coronavirus over an 8-week period.
That's ridiculous.  There aren't enough tests out there to hit 25.5 million in 5 more weeks.  According to my President's last press conference, so far we have only done 1.7 million test nation wide.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:58:57 pm »
3 Weeks Ago Newsom Said 25.5 Million People in California Would be Infected with Coronavirus Over 8-Week Period - Actual Number Today? ... 15,247
By Cristina Laila
Published April 6, 2020 at 12:49pmMore at Gateway Pundit
Seems to me a lot of projections are being proven wrong. Such hysteria, such hyperbole.  **nononono*
Well what did you expect from people who keep saying the planet is going to burn up right after it drowns in ice melt?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:09:34 pm »
That's ridiculous.  There aren't enough tests out there to hit 25.5 million in 5 more weeks.  According to my President's last press conference, so far we have only done 1.7 million test nation wide.

Will be infected with it isn't the same thing as tested for it.

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the statements, just that you are comparing two different things.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 08:11:08 pm »
Well what did you expect from people who keep saying the planet is going to burn up right after it drowns in ice melt?

Don't ya know, that's "settled science"...